PDA

View Full Version : 400ex sucked water

atc200m
06-14-2010, 08:49 PM
i went riding yesturday and in the creeks down here there are random drop offs and i droped into about a 3 1/2 ft hole and i was running no airbox lid with a k&n high flow with outerweres. it cut out and died before i could hop off but i got it out to the sand and and got it started and brought it back to the trailer. i checked my oil and it is gray with water so i know i will have to change it. what else do i need to do if i sucked water

CJM
06-14-2010, 09:22 PM
drain oil and change oil and filter. check the breathers, filter areas for water and dry out.

run it for 10-15 mins at idle, change oil again. change spark plug at this time, then run again and change oil again.

Should be ok so long as it didnt hydrolock and damage stuff.

atc200m
06-14-2010, 09:24 PM
thanks man i just talked to my mechanic and he said to flust it with deisel and i should be good

CJM
06-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Never heard of flushing it with diesel, I can say that stuff will clean it all out tho since its so nasty.

JOHNDOE83
06-14-2010, 10:08 PM
That happend to a friend of mine, he changed the oil 6 times and ran it for 15mins each time he changed it...

The oil still came out with lil bits of water in it, we wound up pulling the motor taking it all apart, and cleaning it by hand....it really sucked but it was good, there was water drops "lil milky water drops" stuck in every nook and cranny of his motor, if we had left them there, it wouldve rusted really quick.

There actually were lil rust deposits that we cleaned on the gears and rod, I hope the diesel does the trick, if so ill remember that next time it happens.

atc200m
06-14-2010, 10:12 PM
yeah he does it with his baja 496 boat when he changes the oil to get everything out