Kibble White black diamond valves
White Brother exhaust modified by Genocide Racing
Brand new Front and rear sprockets
X-Ring Chain
K&N Air Filter
Dynatek Ignition
Carb Spacer
Carb was jetted by Ghatto's to match Mods
Rear tires in pics have been changed to Maxxis iRAZR's (80% tread)

While apart I had the frame painted black and installed new Lonestar carrier and bearings.

Runs Great, but I want a bike. I prefer a 4 stroke, but will consider anything.

I offered him my 2000 cr250 and he seems really interested so im going tomorrow to look at it

Do u guys think its worth the trade
Ive already had 3 400exs and i have one still in my garage this would b my fourth

PaRedneckRiders
06-14-2010, 06:23 PM
more pics

PaRedneckRiders
06-14-2010, 06:24 PM
ya i no there small but there craiglist pics for ya

PaRedneckRiders
06-14-2010, 06:25 PM
one more then my bike

PaRedneckRiders
06-14-2010, 06:27 PM
and heres my bike and idk if the 400 is stock bore or not i dont really care haha i already got a 426 id like to have a 416 or 440

killer400ex
06-14-2010, 07:05 PM
honestly i would keep the bike, cr 250s are nasty bikes and they are few and far between now, they are solid and a blast to ride, all im saying is that if this is going to be your 4th 400ex then whats the point? i love my quad but i also love to switch it up and ride bikes now and again, i would take that bike over my ex if i had the option to trade honestly

dalejiw25
06-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by killer400ex
honestly i would keep the bike, cr 250s are nasty bikes and they are few and far between now, they are solid and a blast to ride, all im saying is that if this is going to be your 4th 400ex then whats the point? i love my quad but i also love to switch it up and ride bikes now and again, i would take that bike over my ex if i had the option to trade honestly

Ya what he said ^^^^

JOHNDOE83
06-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Dude....take the cr motor and put it in one of your ex's, then take the ex motor and put it on the cr....cr400ex...lol...j/k

kali250r
06-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by dalejiw25
Ya what he said ^^^^

X3 I have one of each (2000 400ex and 2001 cr250r) i like the 400ex but my cr is my ride of choice...

a4guy
06-15-2010, 12:03 AM
I had an 03 cr250r. I really miss that bike but would never trade my ex for it. I just picked up an 03 crf450r and is all around better then the 250r. Love those two strokes but four strokes make more sense.

PaRedneckRiders
06-15-2010, 06:38 AM
ya i love my bike buts its just not for me it really acts like a 4stroke but sounds like a two stroke lol i could open it up by ditching the flywheel weight and putting softer reeds in it because its got the v-force 3 reeds that have an outer cage were the boyseen reeds dont

But im always buying and selling stuff i only have 1 400ex right now and thats my 426
But its almost done and in a month ill prob get rid of one of them i mean look at my sig thats all stuff ive had actually prob within the last year

If i do get another bike and i know i will it will either b another cr250 or a crf250r/450r but like an rmz and crf250 will blow my bike away it tops out at like 65 mayb 70

And ya i trail ride but when i get the chance i like to do 75-80 if not faster

I really like the crf450 my buddy had one with some work all i know is it had a pro circuit pipe that was LOUD a 13.5:1 wesico piston and idk what else but it was FAST and got there in a hurry to

a4guy
06-15-2010, 08:35 AM
The crf450r is one hell of a bike I will tell you that. I have been riding bikes since I would walk and this is by far my favorite bike. I love to jump on a 125 and hit the track but nothing compares to the crf450r. But my first choice to ride is my quad.

PaRedneckRiders
06-15-2010, 08:41 AM
i like them both but it seems like not many ppl are interested in a 10 year old 2 stroke bike i mean ya i do have a fwew people that are interested in buying but around here it seems like everyone wants either a 400ex or a 450

It seems like the 400ex is always easy to sell both the ones i sold never even got advertised for me to sell them

a4guy
06-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Many people are getting away from the two strokes because of the maintenance required to keep them going. When I had my two strokes I was rebuilding them once a year. Four strokes are much more reliable. One trade off is that two strokes are much cheaper to rebuild. But the power that is coming from the four strokes these days is making two strokes a thing of the past and less desirable.

JOHNDOE83
06-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by a4guy
Many people are getting away from the two strokes because of the maintenance required to keep them going. When I had my two strokes I was rebuilding them once a year. Four strokes are much more reliable. One trade off is that two strokes are much cheaper to rebuild. But the power that is coming from the four strokes these days is making two strokes a thing of the past and less desirable.

I totally agree with that!

Try telling that to the banshee guys, they will get mad as hell. The same as they do when you say your ex can beat their banshee.

but bottom line is thats why they stopped making banshees, and thats why most motocross bikes are four stroke now...

a4guy
06-15-2010, 09:04 AM
They still make banshees just not in the US. I also heard they are going to start using four strokes in them. I have owned a few banshees and they are great quads. I just hated having to mix fuel and what not. We went on a ride the other day and one of my buddies had a build banshee that was very fast. He would have killed me in a drag race but on the trails he could not shake me. I am sure it is due to the old school suspension and the lack of handling. All around the banshee is a great quad but it takes a special breed to own one.

PaRedneckRiders
06-15-2010, 09:16 AM
after a while mixing gas becomes a real pain i mix 40:1 thats a pint to five gallon but i pay 10$ for a pint of oil and like 15 or so for 5 gal of 93 octane pump gas so thats 25$ for 5 gallon or 5$ a gallon

Plus i cant go on long rides wwith my buddys that have four strokes they can go all day on one tank and i can go 2-3 hrs on one tank

a4guy
06-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by PaRedneckRiders
after a while mixing gas becomes a real pain i mix 40:1 thats a pint to five gallon but i pay 10$ for a pint of oil and like 15 or so for 5 gal of 93 octane pump gas so thats 25$ for 5 gallon or 5$ a gallon

Plus i cant go on long rides wwith my buddys that have four strokes they can go all day on one tank and i can go 2-3 hrs on one tank

Thats another thing I do not miss about the two strokes.

PaRedneckRiders
06-15-2010, 10:00 AM
ya i know

PaRedneckRiders
06-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by killer400ex
Have if u wanta drive to southwesten pa ill b happy to trade u

Your quad looks good

aDviSol2y
06-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Keep the CR for another 5 years and sell it for tripple!

a4guy
06-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
Keep the CR for another 5 years and sell it for tripple!

Wouldn't that be nice.

Hondamaster5505
06-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
I totally agree with that!

Try telling that to the banshee guys, they will get mad as hell. The same as they do when you say your ex can beat their banshee.

but bottom line is thats why they stopped making banshees, and thats why most motocross bikes are four stroke now...

Way to make a personal attack towards me, real mature:ermm:

Truth is, they really aren't that bad to maintain (very easy, actual. There's almost no maintenance on them) And the suspension can be upgraded, as I did mine;)

As far as 4-strokes taking over, that's not entirely true. KTM is actually currently working on modern direct-injection, fuel-injected, 2-strokes that have a separate oil system like a 4-stroke and they've been getting CRAZY power out of them. The reason old school 2-strokes are falling back is because manufactures weren't putting new technology into them.

CC to CC, 2-stroke will always have the advantage. 4-strokes are catching up but can only go so far and be reliable:)

As far as this thread goes, the way I see it is why trade for another 400ex? You have a 426.. continue to build that, and try to either build the cr250 or get a 450f. They're both awesome bikes. The 450 bikes ARE faster then the 250 single pingers. But, you can still make the 250 decently fast if you get her ported and up the compression. Unless you want brute force, go 450 then.

So basically I wouldn't trade.

416racer
06-15-2010, 05:39 PM
I thought 2 strokes were going away due to emmisions

Hondamaster5505
06-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 416racer
I thought 2 strokes were going away due to emmisions

Yes and no.. Yes in the sense that, in the current form the two-strokes come in, they are very dirty burning.

But the thing is, if they put the technology into 2-stroke's, they actually put out less emissions. Look at Bombardiers E-Tec engine line for boats.. HP for HP they put out like 50% or so less emissions then their 4-stroke counterparts.

It's part of the direct-injection thing. By keeping the oil system/lubrication system seperate, it no longer burns oil and sends it out the exhaust. Plus the FI allows for precise tuning so that it never runs too rich.

Sorry for going off topic, back to the thread.

a4guy
06-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Yes and no.. Yes in the sense that, in the current form the two-strokes come in, they are very dirty burning.

But the thing is, if they put the technology into 2-stroke's, they actually put out less emissions. Look at Bombardiers E-Tec engine line for boats.. HP for HP they put out like 50% or so less emissions then their 4-stroke counterparts.

It's part of the direct-injection thing. By keeping the oil system/lubrication system seperate, it no longer burns oil and sends it out the exhaust. Plus the FI allows for precise tuning so that it never runs too rich.

Sorry for going off topic, back to the thread.

Where are you getting this info? Haven t heard of this at all. Sounds awesome though.

Hondamaster5505
06-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Where are you getting this info? Haven t heard of this at all. Sounds awesome though.

The was an article on I believe Motorcycle USA about the whole thing. I'll try and dig it up for you.

KTM had a prototype 450cc 2-stroke using this technology and it put out some nice numbers.

Hondamaster5505
06-16-2010, 12:48 AM
Found it.

The one company was able to push 62hp out of a 125 2-stroke.. and Sutter made over 200hp with a 500cc V4 2-stroke.

Ktm has a streetbike that's 1,000cc with 200hp.

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2009/06/two-strokes-strike-back/

a4guy
06-16-2010, 12:56 AM
That is impressive and incredible.

Sorry to be so off topic.

06-16-2010, 06:35 AM
i have to go with dmc-ex on this one. he is so write about the 2 strokes motor for motor you cant beat them. and hell yah i love the 2 stroke. look what has to run with the 125 2 stroke a 250 4 stroke and the 125 gives the 250 hell.

400man
06-16-2010, 07:00 AM
here is for whoever said that banshee's are a thing of the past. this is my brother on his shee at the 09 ironman gncc race.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEiq9leyn00

Hondamaster5505
06-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by ericcrip
i have to go with dmc-ex on this one. he is so write about the 2 strokes motor for motor you cant beat them. and hell yah i love the 2 stroke. look what has to run with the 125 2 stroke a 250 4 stroke and the 125 gives the 250 hell.

Woah.. I can't believe I just heard that. Thanks. I appreciate you not jumping down my throat for not saying something two-stroke:)

Back to the topic.. I feel bad lol.

sc400ex_rider
06-16-2010, 08:21 AM
I got a 2 stroke dirt bike, they are a blast to ride. though its no fun riding behind one, i get a headache. every thing is going to direct injection cars, snowmobiles, boats ect. i think thats what that Ficht fuel inj on Johnson outboards was. It would be cool if they made a comeback. cool link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_direct_injection

a4guy
06-16-2010, 10:38 AM
I love riding behind the banshee. Other then the rocks being sprayed at me, I love the smell of two strokes and makes me feel cool being able to ride there as$$.

Hondamaster5505
06-16-2010, 02:56 PM
I love riding behind the banshee. Other then the rocks being sprayed at me, I love the smell of two strokes and makes me feel cool being able to ride there as$$.

I love two-stroke smell:p

They do suck with rocks though... If I'm not leading the group, I stay far behind my dad or cousin (both have banshee's) because if you ride close to them, you get PELTED with roost/rocks everytime they hit powerband. :chinese:

My dads old employee was riding with us one time, and my dads shee threw up a couple inch round rock at his chest and he blacked out for a couple seconds and flipped over.

a4guy
06-16-2010, 03:03 PM
I usually wear a chest protector while riding in a group or on trails to help with the roost and rocks but the last camping trip I forgot it at home and it looked like I just finished a crazy game of paint ball after the ride.