PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this Bike?

BlaineKaiser450
06-14-2010, 01:32 PM
I just got traded this 2004 Crf450r for my quad. I've had my quad for sale for a while now, because riding in my area is gone. I have to drive 9 hours to Glen Helen because thats the closest track that allows quads. I was planning on getting a 450 and a 250 and this bike is exactly what I wanted. But he doesn't have any extra money to add to the deal so it would almost be a straight trade. I have my quad listed for $5500. What do you think?

300ex_#387
06-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Your taking a decent loss by trading straight up. Those bikes aren't worth more than $3,000 at the most.

To give you a better idea. My friend had an 08 crf450 he sold for $3,800. had full pro action suspension, new plastic, rims, exhaust and everything. It was a really nice bike. I've seen your 450 and I would try and get some cash or wait for a better trade. It's a clean bike but it's not worth $5,500.

Scro
06-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Bike looks clean, but I would have to see pics of your quad to tell if it's worth it or not. Based on your price though, $5500 seems high for that bike.

BlaineKaiser450
06-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Here's my quad. I really hate to get rid of it but there is just no riding at all in my area, and it won't be coming back :(

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Picture006-3.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Picture002-3.jpg

yellowzo3
06-14-2010, 01:45 PM
You'd be getting ripped off for sure. That bike is worth $4000 MAX, and I wouldn't even give it that. I saw your for sale ad and your bike is NICE man. The guy is just trying to wiggle a deal out of you. Unless he can throw in like $1000 I'd pass. You're young so I know you're probably excited that you see your dream bike lol but he'd be taking you for around a grand. I know there are A TON of bikes in you're area so I'm sure another deal will come around. Patience young pottowan :p

BTW, is your bike one of the Retro bikes K&K built?

BlaineKaiser450
06-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
You'd be getting ripped off for sure. That bike is worth $4000 MAX, and I wouldn't even give it that. I saw your for sale ad and your bike is NICE man. The guy is just trying to wiggle a deal out of you. Unless he can throw in like $1000 I'd pass. You're young so I know you're probably excited that you see your dream bike lol but he'd be taking you for around a grand. I know there are A TON of bikes in you're area so I'm sure another deal will come around. Patience young pottowan :p

BTW, is your bike one of the Retro bikes K&K built? haha yeahh that pretty much makes sense. I just don't know how long it will take for me to sell it. It's not one of the retro bikes, I just saw one and decided to build my own haha

yellowzo3
06-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
haha yeahh that pretty much makes sense. I just don't know how long it will take for me to sell it. It's not one of the retro bikes, I just saw one and decided to build my own haha

Lol well you did a perfect job replicating it!

Yeah, its tough to pass up a deal when you have no idea when the next one will come around. But you'd be throwing $1000 out the door and that's no fun. You'll be kicking yourself later for it.

The bike is already 6 years old. 6 years of tearing it up in Glamis really puts a hurting on small seals and bearings and stuff. Sand gets everywhere. Eventually you'll have to replace that stuff and you'll be out even more money. The bike looks like its well maintained but ya never know :ermm:

woodsman250r
06-14-2010, 02:10 PM
That guy is going to be laughing his *** off as soon as its loaded up and out of your driveway if you do that trade. Your quad is sick, and is worth wayyyyyy more than that bike. A CRF 450 is a dime a dozen bike, especially older models. Just hang on to your quad until a better offer comes your way. No since taking a big hit for a bike that is worth way less. Like others have said, tell him bike plus $1000 or tell him to walk.

PaRedneckRiders
06-14-2010, 02:28 PM
That bike is SICK but its not worth the trade
Your quad is worth more than that bike for sure u wanted 5500 for your quad and that bike is worth well 4000MAX prob more like 3500
So thats a big loss on your end nothing seems to hold its value anymore

If you do trade that guy will b one lucky guy and u will b happy with the bike for like a month or two then yll be kicking yourself for ever trading it in the first place

Dont get me wrong the crf450r is a beast if u have some mods buts its just not worth it

rbgnwa45
06-14-2010, 04:29 PM
It has black plastic, bars, a pipe, and what looks like fork stickers, it's hardly a dream bike. However, the quad is. DON'T trade. You could get a newer bike with moar aftermarkets. Have you considered buying land?

PaRedneckRiders
06-14-2010, 04:55 PM
still dont think u should trade but is there any internal work on the crf450
like whats done to it other than pipe plastics etc.

Latemodel32
06-14-2010, 05:00 PM
I wouldnt trade you'll be in the loss. You know you can always part your Quad out ?

BlaineKaiser450
06-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Alright guys I found a guy who will trade me a 2006 Crf450r with a full motor, and suspension, plus $1500 so that's what I'll be doing!

PaRedneckRiders
06-15-2010, 07:12 AM
can we get a pic of it? does it look simalar to the other 1

mx8
06-15-2010, 07:31 AM
I don't think that you did bad on the trade. I still ride quads, but the price of race quads are way down. I seen a houser framed yz426 on here for 2700 dollars. Nobody wants quads at the tracks anymore. And it's only getting worse. So at least now you can ride more places with the dirt bike. And in the long run your save money on parts, compared to a quad.

Brad77
06-15-2010, 07:48 AM
I think the value on almost everything related to riding has gone down due to the economy. Not just quads but bikes too. There have been a few dirt bikes parted out due to not being able to sell them for a reasonable price.

BlaineKaiser450
06-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by PaRedneckRiders
can we get a pic of it? does it look simalar to the other 1 I only have pics on my phone, but it has red plastics and looks pretty clean.

I'm very excited to finally be able to ride! It feels like its been forever