PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket piston benefits

trex trx400
06-14-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm going to be putting a cam in my 400 in a few weeks...i was wondering if i should go ahead and put an aftermarket piston in. I don't want to go bigger just maybe higher compression. Is it worth it or if i'm gonna do that should i just go ahead and bore it to 16 or 26?

and i'm not a racer just a rider

setup now is biggun full, k&n no lid, no choke. Thinking now i'm gonna go with hotcams stg 2 and probably wiseco 85mm 11:1

thanks Josh

sloppyjo
06-14-2010, 11:21 PM
if u dont race it .0010 would clean ur jug up and its not that much harder and doesnt cost alot. but then again a bigger bore wont cost much more if any. 11.1 is good keeps you on pump gas. the stage 2 is for highly moded bikes... if not stroker. stage 1 should do nicely. didnt read if u have a pipe or not but probly still need to think about jetting. still learning about that myself tho. remimber all that power dont mean anything if u cant handle it on the trail, so dont forget about suspiosion... lol i know dam well thats not spelled right. anyways hope it helps. this is my first repy

jcs003
06-15-2010, 01:23 AM
you will gain power from an aftermarket piston thats about it. they say they are more durable, but in my experience there is no evidence of it.