PDA

View Full Version : First race report of 2010.

06-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Well this is a sad thing. It's the middle of June and I just raced my first mx race of the year. I was just so damn busy with other things so far this year I had to miss a few races. I also couldn't put together the quad I was hoping to so I had to swap the engine as last year into my Laeger 250R and race it like that this year, as opposed to running the 310 I was hoping to build. Oh well.

This race was up in the thumb of Michigan, at a track in Sebewaing. The website is www.mpxracing.com. It's a nice track with no dangerous jumps. It's all table tops. You can still get some nice air, though, and the track is good size.

I was worried there weren't gonna be many other quads there as the quad turnout so far this year and especially last year have been real low at this track. The quad turnout was decent, though, with 9 quads entered in Quad Expert, and 11 quads in Quad Novice. I raced Quad Expert.

The first moto yesterday was my first ever on this quad so I was anxious to see how it would perform. The gate dropped on the first moto and I had a bad holeshot. Came out in 7th. Passed a rider early in the moto to move into 6th. Pulled up on a guy on a YFZ450 and couldn't make the pass stick until the last lap. That put me into 5th place which is how I crossed the checkers. Not too bad considering I could have had a better start to the moto.

Oh, I forgot to mention that there were 5 250R's at the race. Me and another guy in Expert and 3 were in Novice. Pretty strong showing I thought.

So for the second moto I needed a better holeshot. I didn't get it. Lol. Ended up pulling the front end up as I shifted into 3rd and had to let off to avoid running into another guy. I was 8th or 9th out of 9 riders after the first turn. I definitely had my work cut out for me. I felt fast, though, and I rode pretty well. I didn't make any big mistakes and rode decently smooth. I ended up working my way through the pack all the way to 3rd by the end of the race, which is where I finished. My family was there watching me and said that when I passed a rider, I was able to gap them pretty good, so hopefully with a better holeshot I'll be able to put my 250R at the front of the pack, or at least battle with them.

So my 5-3 finish put me at 4th overall on the day. I didn't think that was too bad. The quad ran and handled pretty well. The only adjustment I made all day was adding a click to my steering stabilizer. These Pro Trax front ends turn fast!

I'll try to post up some more reports without going overboard on the details.

All250R
06-14-2010, 01:06 PM
How did the other 250R's do?

06-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by All250R
How did the other 250R's do?

The other 250R in Quad Expert was near the back of the pack. The 3 250R's in Quad Novice were all mixing it up pretty good. I didn't get their finishing order but they seemed to be doing ok.

red88r
06-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Good job man...got any action pics? Wish you would have ran at Millville. Only 2 R's there.

mxduner
06-15-2010, 12:16 AM
hey man its good to hear from you again. Just remember, every dog has his day. So what you couldn't holeshot today, next race is a whole nother game altogether. And if you are bummed it took you til june to get back to racing again, i g couldn't even make the millville national, to even spectate living a 2 hr. drive away...

06-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by red88r
Good job man...got any action pics? Wish you would have ran at Millville. Only 2 R's there.

I think my mom took some pics so I'll try to throw some up. I'm gonna try to make it to Red Bud.