PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running e-85 ?

staakej
06-13-2010, 06:22 PM
how's it working for yeah ? what jetting are you running

Wheelie
06-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Do a search in the 400ex thread, there are several of us running on Corn.

It's a great fuel that burns clean, is high octane out of the pump (105), cheap, and increases power.

Check my sig for jetting.

motomxman450
06-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Someone had a 450 on here for sale with a dasa motor the ran on it

Toadz400
07-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Wheelie
Do a search in the 400ex thread, there are several of us running on Corn.

It's a great fuel that burns clean, is high octane out of the pump (105), cheap, and increases power.

Check my sig for jetting.

What did you change out to run the E85? Does someone sell a carb kit for ethanol resistant gaskets?

Wheelie
07-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
What did you change out to run the E85? Does someone sell a carb kit for ethanol resistant gaskets?

All I did was change the pilot and main jets and the needle, adding fuel.

Nothing else was changed, no issues in almost 18 months of running this fuel.

Ethanol 'resistant' carb parts are not needed IMO as ethanol does not eat fuel lines or cause carb problems.

Toadz400
10-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Wheelie
All I did was change the pilot and main jets and the needle, adding fuel.

Nothing else was changed, no issues in almost 18 months of running this fuel.

Ethanol 'resistant' carb parts are not needed IMO as ethanol does not eat fuel lines or cause carb problems.

Ethanol will cause plastic or rubber parts to deteriorate quicker than normal gasoline. Are you still running the ethanol with no issues?

Wheelie
10-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Yes, still running ethanol without any issues. Zero issues with the stock 450r fuel line, float bowl gasket, needle valve, accelerator pump, etc.

I took the carb apart about 6 weeks ago just to check it out. I knew it would look great, and it did. Ethanol, in my experienced opinion isn't any harder on fuel lines and carburetor components than gasoline is.

Most of the ethanol information found online is incorrect. The only negative I've found to E-85 is fuel mileage. My quad flat out drinks fuel, especially at the dunes.