PDA

View Full Version : XC Racin Machines!

Chanman420q
02-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Lets see some Pics of Some XC 400ex's, and if you can post the modficiations, im gunna look for paterns

HotRod2Fitty
02-01-2003, 09:19 PM
I dont have any new pics of mine because its getting prepped for this season. For gncc Suspention is everything and a strong motor is a must!

Matt

02 Red Rider
02-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Here's mine. Well most of it:D . Check out my sig for mods.

Chanman420q
02-01-2003, 10:06 PM
i wanna get an idea for how i wanna set my quad up...

This is what i want for it.. i plan on doing a lot of XC but i also wanna be ready for MX if i get that fuzzy feeling inside :p

HMF Slip On
PowerBomb Header
K&N ( no lid with precharger )
Stage II cam
416Kit ( possibily a 425 )
Alluminum airbox ( those ones where u put the battery in )
Port and Polish
38mm Carb ( dont know which brand )

+1 Herrman Aarms
Works Tripple w/ Rezzy ( other shocks are just to much... )
HoleShots all round
+2 axle ( maybe just wheel Spacers )

And the basics like Nerfs, kill switch, handle bars etc

Dave400ex
02-01-2003, 10:26 PM
Here's my XC 400 in the making....

02-03-2003, 12:17 PM
in about 2 weeks i wil have an awesome xc machine...cept for not having no front fenders

Chanman420q
02-03-2003, 01:24 PM
what are u buying?

QuadRacer041
02-03-2003, 01:52 PM
not a 400 but this is my xc bike, new fenders are on the way

02-03-2003, 04:26 PM
mazzis razr's al the way around on .190 rims

Chanman420q
02-03-2003, 04:29 PM
ohhh i thought u ment an entire diffrant quad, but u just bought tires :chinese:

macblaster
02-03-2003, 05:22 PM
not a 400 but a xc racer

Pro400EXC
02-03-2003, 05:32 PM
here's my POS......

also Warrior,how the heck you get that bad boy to sagg like a old lady w/ DD's?

toby400ex
02-03-2003, 05:57 PM
heres mine, there is much more on the way:D

Dave400ex
02-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Pro I don't know how it sits so low. That's how I got the Shocks from Elka, and I haven't messed with the Ride Height at all because I think it is about perfect. She does sit very low though..

jesshamner
02-03-2003, 10:02 PM
I have been tossing around the idea of xc racing. I think I might try it just to see if I really want to do it and spend the money on a set up. If I did decide to race, I would probably race the ironman or the Spartan. Those are the closest tracks. The only problem is that I am a little intimidated b/c I don't even know where to begin. I am 20 years old. I don't know which class or anything like that. Can anyone help? I have a lot of experience of riding the terrain that i have seen at the Ironman, if that helps any.

660bigdaddy
02-04-2003, 07:23 AM
if you like trail riding fast, then you'll love xc racing. just think of it as going for a saturday afternoon ride with 200 of your closest friends. and you will have a ball. after you get through the first turn, you ride at your own pace. my goal was to just finish my first one. 2hrs. 46min. later i was done. you don't need to spend a ton of money to compete. they even have a first year racer and a junior class.

660bigdaddy
02-04-2003, 07:25 AM
on the gas

02-04-2003, 07:52 AM
:devil

jesshamner
02-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Hey thanks for the confidence BigDaddy. I was thinking about getting into the first year rider class. You think that i will be alright with the mod requirements. I am going to check those out right now.

Ryan
02-04-2003, 10:06 AM
I got a couple questions for you XC guys :o ......... What is the length of your swingarm that you normally run, or what the pro's normally run. Do you have to run a larger gastank (normally?). What gear ratio is the best for most XC tracks/racing :o . And I notice in some of the pictures that the trails look kinda scattard :huh ..... Have anyone of you ever gotten lost while you were racing :p . I know these are stupid questions but im new to it so any answers are appreciated :) .

Heres some picture I had lying around....

Extremeracer167
02-04-2003, 11:51 AM
well these are some of the hot setups for 400EXs that i know of and im close to at the GNCCs. +1 1/4 swingarm, IMS 4.1 gal. tank, +1 a-arms with 4-1 offset wheels. And i personally think stock gearing is fine for most XC races ive been in. And most courses are marked fairly well. Everyonce in a while, someone will take a wrong turn on the first lap, but that will usually have more then one guy going the wrong way. Last year at the St. Clairsville race, a crapload of guys went the wrong way, and we were all sitting on this road looking for the trail again, and Chuck woodford came down the trail and showed us where to go, adn it was another MAD DASH into the woods. Pretty hairy!

Ryan
02-04-2003, 12:02 PM
They should put more caution tape up to lead to riders around a little better :p .

Thanks for the help extremeracer :) .

Extremeracer167
02-04-2003, 01:58 PM
no prob. heres one of mine for ya

Braff1
02-04-2003, 02:19 PM
Jess,
I have been wanting to run some xc races also. Give he a shout sometime and maybe we can hit one of the races. I know Haspin and earlywhines has xc races and we could also follow Jeff,Rico, and Bradley to a Mid South race.

BTW did you ever get your brake lines?

jesshamner
02-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Braff, I haven't got my brake lines yet...I am waiting til I find a job here at school. B/c this is a college town, jobs are a little harder to find. Either that, or I need to run into money somewhere. Yeah we could go to some races. I didn't know there was one at Haspin. We out to go up there and ride sometime before we race. I have never been up there so I'd like to see the trails before I race. Let me know if you wanna go up there. Where are the other places you were talking about?

fire x 2000
02-04-2003, 05:02 PM
And mine

Dave400ex
02-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Fire I like your 400.... Very nice....

660bigdaddy
02-05-2003, 06:29 AM
nice ex fire. like the white plastic. sharp:cool:

Braff1
02-05-2003, 07:21 AM
Check with trx440 on here. He had a set of fronts for sale for 45.00$. I just bought a Lone Star axle from him, seems like pretty nice guy.

Early Whine is in Maysville ky. This is not to be confused with Big rock. From what I have read they take good care of their tracks and xc course.

Haspin is not bad. They have a mx track that is a blast, my kids love it there. they have some big table top jumps and such. the xc course is nothing too rough. I would like to try it out.
There is also Mid south xc that Jeff @ quad shop runs. I would like to go to some of these but I would need some driving help for the return trip. Most places are in northern TN about 4-5 hours away.

:confused: Charlestown a college town ??? do you mean like Otisco tech.

http://www.haspinacres.com/haspin/thanks.html
http://msws.org/
http://www.earlywineracing.com/
Mountain parkway has a good poker run and/or xc races, if they would only get there web site up to tell us when they are scheduled.

intruder
02-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Almost there

intruder
02-05-2003, 07:56 AM
last one was the start this ones almost there

jesshamner
02-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
Check with trx440 on here. He had a set of fronts for sale for 45.00$. I just bought a Lone Star axle from him, seems like pretty nice guy.

Early Whine is in Maysville ky. This is not to be confused with Big rock. From what I have read they take good care of their tracks and xc course.

Haspin is not bad. They have a mx track that is a blast, my kids love it there. they have some big table top jumps and such. the xc course is nothing too rough. I would like to try it out.
There is also Mid south xc that Jeff @ quad shop runs. I would like to go to some of these but I would need some driving help for the return trip. Most places are in northern TN about 4-5 hours away.

:confused: Charlestown a college town ??? do you mean like Otisco tech.

http://www.haspinacres.com/haspin/thanks.html
http://msws.org/
http://www.earlywineracing.com/
Mountain parkway has a good poker run and/or xc races, if they would only get there web site up to tell us when they are scheduled.

I guess I never told you that I am going to school at Western Kentucky. I am here at Bowling Green during the week and come home to see my the love of my life (the fo hundred) on the weekends...oh, and also to see my girlfriend ;) I hope she doens't see this. LOL. Anyway, we should go up to Haspin one day and check it out. I would like to at least see the trails before I try to WOT through them.

250exen
02-05-2003, 01:57 PM
well i love flying through the woods on my little 250 but its a 250ex. do they have different classes that i may have a chance of not getting my doors blown off in? also, does anone know if there are any xc tacks in NE ohio or somewhere near there? I would love to try xc just to get the feel of it!

thanks
tj

PS. intruder, where in NE ohio do you live? im in lake county...

Braff1
02-05-2003, 02:51 PM
oooooh I see now, that college. If the temp ever gets up to about 45* I would be interested in some riding. I think I am suffering from withdrawls now since the weather and recent construction projects have limited my riding.

hey what is your girlfriends name, maybe we can take your 400 out riding . :D just joking about the girlfriend thing

intruder
02-05-2003, 05:54 PM
I live in mahoning county 250exen near Youngstown and hubbard has a race on the 16th but i never saw a 250ex race before but you could run in the woodsman class. they do run alot of 300ex's and they do well.