PDA

View Full Version : Still have gas in my oil!

moddedblaster20
06-13-2010, 11:36 AM
whatsup fellas. i have been fighting this problem ever since i bought my 2002 400 last november. i change the oil and then ride for a few hours and the oil smells like gas already and doesnt have that nice gold color anymore. what are all the possiblities of this happening? i have taken carb apart and cleaned everything, is there somethign in there that could be dumping too much fuel in and its running down the cylinder walls??? any help would be great at this point, i hate knowing the fact that theres fuel in my engine oil. thanks!

PaRedneckRiders
06-13-2010, 11:47 AM
mayb its rings
They could b letting the gas run into the bottom end

JOHNDOE83
06-13-2010, 12:16 PM
I think you may be to worried about it, if the oil isnt milky or getting thined out, I dont think you have a big probem.

Youve been riding it since november and havent had any major issues other then you think it has gas in the oil.

The carb wouldnt be the issue, to much gas from the carb would make it run rich, not flood the oil with gas.

The oil will always not look like it did when you put it in, even after only a few minutes of riding it will change colors.

The only time it will be a problem is if your oil smells burnt, then you have a problem.

The oil and the gas have to come in contact with each other in any motor at some point......I think your to worried about it.

It could be rings? but if your not smokin alot I dont know?

moddedblaster20
06-13-2010, 12:21 PM
yeah i dont have any smoke, it put out a little blue smoke in the winter for a minute but hasnt done it so far in the warm weather

a4guy
06-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Have you done a compression test?