PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Millville............

Logan #34's Dad
06-13-2010, 10:44 AM
We were not able to make it BUT i've spoke to some people that are there. Reports are not good. So, anyone that was there please let everyone know your opinion on the weekend.

bracey
06-13-2010, 11:12 AM
the track was a joke if they have it again we will use it for a throw out and it only 350 miles for us

THARNESS
06-13-2010, 07:39 PM
It was just ok. Really narrow in places. You could onle see about a third of the track from any one spot. At first they were going to have the 70s and below on the kiddie track. After much discussion that was finally changed. The pits were nice and the creek and playground was fun for the kids. Turnout was real weak. Don't know what they were thinking scheduling races back to back.

EthansDad
06-13-2010, 08:22 PM
yea, we missed it. I saw though they run all three 50cc classes on the mini track. what a joke. the other thing that got me is that they ran them for 6 laps, not 4. I did not see the track, but at about 2 min per lap, that is more track time than any other race this year per moto. That must have really messed with the 50 classes and bike tuners that design things to run for 6-8 minute bursts, not 12-15 minute bursts.

I really thought per AMA rules, all amateurs run 4 laps. What gives a track the right to change that per their needs, or put national level kids on a mini track? sounds like red bud management thinking.

I'm glad we missed it.

-EA

121dad
06-13-2010, 09:34 PM
never again agree with Mr. Harness get well wishes to Carter your dad is running out of hair to pull out feel better

LT80
06-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by EthansDad
What gives a track the right to change that per their needs, or put national level kids on a mini track?

-EA

The infamous 2 words...... Promotor discretion.

Logan #34's Dad
06-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by LT80
The infamous 2 words...... Promotor discretion.

Ya know, Why can't the ALL POWERFUL AMA/ATVA impose guidelines that are manditory for ALL promotor groups to follow. They imposed an mandatory fee for pit vehicles and entry fees, ect. So why is it so hard for them to impose a routine for gate picks and pre-staging/staging. In other words, have a set system for ALL promotors to follow.

hasbeenttduner
06-14-2010, 08:42 AM
The wpsa helped the promotors group crap a little but it is still going on. On the MX side glen halen was dropped this year and replaced with pala in so cal. And in the fine print it said welcome pala to the bla bla PG.

Shocker???????
NOT! Congrats to glen halen for you still being you.

bracey
06-14-2010, 02:52 PM
oh yea pit passes was 20.00 not 15.00 like the first 5 nationals

LT80
06-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Ya know, Why can't the ALL POWERFUL AMA/ATVA impose guidelines that are manditory for ALL promotor groups to follow. They imposed an mandatory fee for pit vehicles and entry fees, ect. So why is it so hard for them to impose a routine for gate picks and pre-staging/staging. In other words, have a set system for ALL promotors to follow.

You were'nt even there. Save your bellyaching for the next race. You'll prolly need it going to a Victory Shorts race. LMAO :devil: :devil: j/k

Ryko racing
06-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally i thought it was bad but when the track came into its own i thought it was good. Ryan loved it for the most part ( and we did crash out in two motos) but he loves it rough and sandy,
i was sure he would not want to go back but he likes this track second to Red Bud now. ( I DID NOT SEE ANY MAJOR FIRST TURN WRECKS IN MINNESOTA, THE FIRST TURN SEEMED SAFE)

As far as the promoters, they were quite rude and disorganized in staging.

Even the concession stand employees were not overly friendly but we will go back next year and give it a try. At least it was a real dirt track and not just a blue groove piece of hard pack.
I think each promoter deserves 2 shots at a race.

I remember Pleasure Valley 2 yrs ago ( this race was smooth compared to those guys and their SECURITY GUARDS ) they did improve the facility last year. ( i hope that this year they improved the track as it is a poor race track but the facility is getting better each year)
As long as they make improvements for us we should get through it.

Lets go to Muddy Creek......

mushinracing
06-15-2010, 04:23 PM
every 50 parent i talked to loved the track for the ltd class its a perfect track for 50s and yes there was places to pass, but pretty tight but a great track for the lilttle ones it was nothing like red buds track. and the laps were perfect . more mini tracks that are some what challanging will only help bring more kids to the line . hope to see more next year .
as far as the big tracks goes i think we need some like this one to seperate riders. some guys dominate on that stuff where others are weak, it makes a even playing field. The facility was great,and i think due to the weather they did what they could do. its just to far for the average nat racer, and not enough local entrys to off set the gates .good track bad location.

Logan #34's Dad
06-16-2010, 04:21 AM
I know that if I drove any distance to a NATIONAL I'd be pretty upset if they made my driver ride on a mini track. Then, they wanted the 70's to ride the mini track as well! Are you kidding me? THIS IS THE NATIONALS! This is the best of the best, not a local race.
As far as a rough track, I'm okay with that BUT not to groom it at all creates a dangerous condition espeacially for the mini's. (Mini's only have so much ground clearance). It sounds like if you did not get stuck or crash you had a great chance to finish well.
The problem as I see it was with the owner of the track who is a dirt bike racer and the bikers don't want the track touched so they can maintain the ruts. This is why the bikers dislike us track-packers. hehe.

don bassani
06-16-2010, 08:55 AM
The Mushin Man is right .The mini track was perfect for limited 50.However,the mini track would have been dangerous for 70s.There is a giant hill on big track that 50s would have probably not made.It worked out ok because it did not rain.70s had no trouble with big track.The track certainly could have been groomed in corners better.The track people working mini track were really nice and tried to help in any way.I could not watch my son run 50 limited because I was racing 70 at same time.That was dissappointing.The track people tried to let us run first thing in morning so there was no conflict but some one from ama said no.Hopefully that will not happen again.All in all ,it was not bad.With some minor improvements it could be really good.

Ryko racing
06-16-2010, 10:14 AM
As i said in my other post, i thought the track was very safe. even though it was rough the portions that were rough were wide and sandy. ( AND WE DID CRASH OUT BUT THATS RACING)

It had some flaws but considering the weather the week before, we had a darn nice track to race on compared to what we thought when we arrived.

i WOULD MUCH RATHER CRASH IN ROUGH SAND THAT ON HARD CLAY....

JUST MY 2 CENTS.

marsrace2
06-16-2010, 10:38 AM
we went out on Sunday just to watch and meet a couple of our sponsors. From what I saw I thought it was apretty well run. I do agree that the hill was too big for the 50's to make it up, I even saw a couple 70s struggle right at the top. The rough sandy part of the track that people are talking about didnt look unsafe to me it just wasnt something you could run wide open through.As far as the staff goes I have lived in MN all my life and people here are not really as nice as they think they are. I hope they have it again next year so we can go watch.

mushinracing
06-23-2010, 10:30 AM
rocky i think you need to zip your lip.you were not even there or are you the spokesman for the entire mini community. guys like you that do nothing but cry and moan do nothing positive for our sport. and please dont talk trash on here .you know where im at. plus you dont even race the 50 class

Logan #34's Dad
06-23-2010, 02:22 PM
:devil: :blah: :devil: :blah: :devil: :blah: :D :D

etondaddy
06-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
:devil: :blah: :devil: :blah: :devil: :blah: :D :D
Rocky your just a bad mother.................watch your mouth

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2cHkMwzOiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2cHkMwzOiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mike Kozura

dcarter
06-25-2010, 11:26 AM
well, i will give my two and 1/2 cents worth. First i did not care for the man riding around and telling everyone that the bikes were to loud and that would set motorcycles back 50 years. WHO CARES ABOUT MOTORCYCLES? I liked the lay out of the track and the pits were great! I did not like the fact that they did not stop once all day and do any maintance on the track. If you are a first time promotor you would think they would go the extra mile to make a good impression on the riders so they would want to come back. The track was so rough that it actualy kept the spees down for the mini's, but the big bikes were flying as they always do. I do not mind a rough track but i think this track was unsafe for amatuers. Now many of you know matt got hurt there again, he has been riding for 10 years and when he tells me that it is unsafe i will take his word for it any time. He said he will not go back again. I really love this sport, but i to think there needs to be guide lines on track maintance just like the guide lines for pit vechiles and the promotor should be just a strick about that as well. It may take a little longer to get the races in, but it will be safer and also help the sports to grow the right way. At least the people from steel city called to check on matt and see how he was doing! just my thoughts dave

dericsdad
06-25-2010, 08:39 PM
I have to agree with most of you! The ONLY complaint we had all weekend was the track maintenance. Those ruts after the first section of whoops were horrible for the mini's. If we wanted to race a track with obstacles like that we would race cross country instead!!! It's not a fun race when 5 mini's all get stuck on the first lap alone, and others throughout the race get stuck or flip in the same section.

Oh well, we should have practiced riding through deep ruts instead of practicing on an MX track...:eek2:

Okey... I'm done now.

STOCKRACING917
06-28-2010, 04:24 PM
I have to add that as much as I enjoy crafts, the put- the -plaque-together-yourself- kit was a bit much. After that long of a trip and that much expense...please at least have the awards ready....were we the only ones who noticed that ??
DC liked your saved fuel bit....true true!!

jake55
05-27-2011, 07:34 AM
since this is our first year i like to go back a year or so to read everything about the places were going next. i found this thread to be interesting. not sure what to think about it all. oh well, good or bad, were north bound in a few days!!!! see ya all there!!

Ryko racing
05-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Dont forget it rained for a week last year and friday practice was cancelled. the track was very good for what the conditions were when we got there on friday.

Ryan loved it even though he crashed.

I know its tough on the minis...

The rougher the better........ this is motocross......( that is a quote from a pro last year on the starting line......lets race...

WE LOVE THIS TRACK.... OTHER THAN THE DRIVE...