PDA

View Full Version : want to get into racing East Coast

trex trx400
06-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Just hoping to get some advice...I'm weighing the idea of doing this just wanting to hear from someone with first hand experience what all goes into it besides time and money cuz thats obvious:ermm:

jpfmotors
06-13-2010, 08:18 PM
you usually just want start to try one and then you get hooked you jeep getting faster and want to ride more and buy better parts its best to just find a local event and give it a shoot. were are you from? I race in the NECC series we have a race coming up in 2 weeks in CT.

trex trx400
06-13-2010, 11:56 PM
hey thanks for the advice. I'm from NC. right now i have a 07 400ex mildly modified. how do the different series' work? are the classes by skill, bike size, or both? also whats required to enter full protective gear? also don't you have to have a kill switch? exhaust with spark arrestor?

jpfmotors
06-14-2010, 12:46 PM
most classes are age and skill specific I would start in the c class for your age and see how you do. you definitly need helmet, googles, boots, pants, jersey, gloves, and chest protector is a very good idea most people aslo use a camel pack. you also do need a kill switch some of the raes up here specific that you have to use heelguards. you just have to check with the local organization. sound tetsing does is not required everywere but soon ama rules will have a sound limit most tracks that I race at up north have to be 96 dbs limit. gncc races have no sound limit that I am awair of. hope this help anything elts just ask.