PDA

View Full Version : overheating

tc1207404
06-13-2010, 08:27 AM
does anyone have there fan rigged up to run all the time and if so how did u wire it or can u just pull out the thermostat......my quad get real hot and the fan stops working while racing i think it is the temp sensor but i would rather just have it run the whole time for cross country races...........any sugggestions???????

atveric132
06-17-2010, 03:03 PM
call mike at ATP i have his carb kit and he wired my bike so that if the bikes running the fans running.....

kfx400rider03
06-17-2010, 05:12 PM
run a wire tap to the wire on your ignition that gets power when the key is on. i forget which one it is but there are only 3 wires so just use a test light

mamafite
06-18-2010, 08:48 PM
I wired my sons to the key switch 2nd position to the headlight wire it works very well.

tc1207404
06-21-2010, 08:47 PM
stupid question but is that hard to do i can tear down my topend and put it back together in a flash but when it comes to wiring i suck any way i could get a quick explination of how to do that

bigbad400
06-22-2010, 07:19 AM
all your doing is bypassing a switch:p

if you want it on your key switch instead of a separate toggle it makes it a little more involved, but i would suggest using your own toggle... you dont have to do anything to your key switch that way. just find the thermostat and replace it with a toggle switch.

also 2 of the 3 wires in your key switch are hot when the key is turned to its position, either one works, but if you dont want it on the same spot as your headlight you need to know whats what.

myself i wouldnt want to have it on with the ignition because when u turn on the key its drawing off ur bat. and it could make for hard starting.... also if its on the headlight spot it draws for both.

althow the other day i left my key on in the garage overnight, headlight on brights all night, and it started right up, didnt even roll over slow, i was impressed with my battery.

tc1207404
06-22-2010, 09:02 AM
if the quads running would it matter if its on the ignition switch.....i got a rekluse so i dont gotta worry about stalling out and it drawing power off the fan to start........ would like to do my dead engine start then when i get going reach down and turn the key all the way and have the fan run the rest of the race

tc1207404
06-22-2010, 07:20 PM
got it took me a bit but ifgured it out thought i had to mess with the relay but i just pulled power off the ignition works great