PDA

View Full Version : Motocross: High Point Raceway Mt. Morris, Pa

Hondamaster5505
06-13-2010, 05:50 AM
Man, Dungey is just killing it out there. What a monster.

Sucks that Reed had a bad first moto then DNF'd on the second... This set him back big time in points..

I still honestly believe Dungey is the fastest man in the world, not Bubba. It seems every race Dungey gets faster, and has been dominating in Motocross.

Grant's a d-bag. He was purposely trying to "race" Alessi to hold him back even though he's considered a lapped rider.

What was everyone else's opinion on the race?

ATVMX33
06-13-2010, 12:02 PM
yeah...i think dungey proved himself catching up to short in the second moto

yellowzo3
06-13-2010, 12:24 PM
My opinion:

-Dungey is super fast and has a GREAT attitude about life and the sport. Respects everyone as well. He deserves all of the wins and fame he gets. No doubt he will be running up front all season.

-Grant and Alessi... I could care less about both of them. When people who aren't familiar with mx picture an mx rider they picture people like Grant who just gives off a sort of conceited vibe.

-Short is also one of the nicest guys ever in mx and has his head on straight since he has a family and everything as well. I cheer for him everytime he races and he had some good finishes in sx this past season. He looked fast in a vid of him practicing a week or so ago so I think he'll be running up front in mx as well.

-Reed. Always seems to run into some kind of problem :p ...I feel bad for the guy as he's fast and has the skills. If he can race consistently he'll be challenging Dungey for the championship. He does need to improve his attitude a bit imo. He seems pretty cool when he does videos at his track and stuff but I think he's fed up with not winning championships and he lets it show a little too much sometimes.

-As for the Stewart/Dungey topic... I don't think Stewart was prepared for the intensity Dungey brought to SX and didn't expect him to be that fast. When Stewart got injured I felt like he was sort of relieved because he wasn't going to dominate the season and it was a good excuse for him to get out before people started saying Dungey is the new Stewart. Stewart says he wants do dominate SX next season but I doubt he'll do it without some serious trouble from Dungey and Reed. There really weren't enough races last season with both of them present to say who is truly faster. Next SX season will answer a lot of questions and I think it'll be close.

Hondamaster5505
06-13-2010, 12:28 PM
I definitely think Dungey has what it takes to beat Stewart. I've never seen someone so fit, that trained so hard and it really shows.

rbgnwa45
06-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Saw it yesterday. The track was getting choppy on the downhills. Alessi made a good save. The up-hill right-turn double looks really fun. Why couldn't they cut Reeds' front brake line? Dungey was really fast, I think it's the Suzuki :D. The Rockstar commercials are dumb, like his success is because of an energy drink :ermm:.

quad2xtreme
06-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
My opinion:

-Reed. Always seems to run into some kind of problem :p ...I feel bad for the guy as he's fast and has the skills. If he can race consistently he'll be challenging Dungey for the championship. He does need to improve his attitude a bit imo. He seems pretty cool when he does videos at his track and stuff but I think he's fed up with not winning championships and he lets it show a little too much sometimes.

My opinion: Would like to like Reed but I just can't get over those two big freakin earings...makes me think he likes popcicles even though I know he has a wife and kids. :p

yellowzo3
06-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
My opinion: Would like to like Reed but I just can't get over those two big freakin earings...makes me think he likes popcicles even though I know he has a wife and kids. :p

lmao... I always wondered why he keeps them in no matter what... and yeah they are pretty big. Just his style I guess. :p

Hondamaster5505
06-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I was kind of upset that Reed did so bad. He's still one of my favorite riders.

It's funny though, I want Dungey to win, and I want Reed to win, but I don't know who I want to win more. haha. I'm happy when they get up front but then I don't know who to root for.

I think Dungey deserves it more though.

I wish Villopoto was in this. He's FAST and was even getting the best of Dungey for a while. He was a beast. Would have changed things up a bit.

Hondamaster5505
06-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
The Rockstar commercials are dumb, like his success is because of an energy drink :ermm:.

I agree. If that were true I would be drinking that crap every day. haha.

250r rider 88
06-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Dungey-Best thing for the sport in years, has a great attitude, so thankful for all his opportunities, he is crazy fast, and i think he will be just as dominate as Stewart and RC in time, he will dominate this entire year regardless if Stewart makes it back, Ryan will win the championship, his determination is second to none and he is just fun to watch ride

Grant-i think he is an OK dude, he was just having a terrible day and let his mental game get the best of him and made stupid mistakes, he can win, he has shown that, i think he has lost some of his drive over the last few weeks

Reed-I'm over his whinny ***, I used to be a fan of his, but as of lately i cannot stand him

Short-I agree with yellowzo3

Allessi- and this goes for the entire family-they are pure a holes, i think KTM needs a better pilot and one who has a better attitude to be the premier rider for that 350, Allessi can holeshot and win no doubt about that, but he has too many "off" days, not sure if its mental or physical but he needs to get over it and have an attitude adjustment and get back to winning

Stewart-If you are going to sit there and be like "i don't want to race anymore" after every opportunity you have been given then go work a 9-5 job, if i had his talent nothing would hold me back from riding, apparently he is coming back according to his twitter once he is healed, time will tell, i think with all the injuries he has had he has lost a lot of that mental edge james is well known for and it has hindered his racing career

just my .02

LTR450_#67
06-13-2010, 05:57 PM
When you guys talk next season....don't count out RV2. He's had some plain, tough luck but we know he has what it takes to run with RD5.

250r rider 88
06-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
When you guys talk next season....don't count out RV2. He's had some plain, tough luck but we know he has what it takes to run with RD5.

absolutely, RV is my 2nd favorite rider, theres nothing i love seeing more in SX than him and RD5 battling, would be great to see him make it back for at least half of the outdoors to mix it up

Hondamaster5505
06-13-2010, 06:48 PM
I would have to say my current favorite riders in order, are Dungey, Villopoto, and Reed. Dungey there is no need for an explanation, Villopoto has his off days, but when he's feeling good he's a monster on that bike, with a fairly good attitude. Reed is an excellent, usually consistent rider, but he needs to focus more. it seems he doesn't have the same passion for the sport as he used to.

sunco
06-13-2010, 07:02 PM
I still like villapoto. I always enjoy mx.

No comment to the popcicle statement Jon :rolleyes:

Going to BPG anytime soon?

SRH
06-13-2010, 08:30 PM
dungey has to work for his wins, extra hard, harder than most riders because he doesnt have the same natural talent as a reed, stewart, jlaw, pourcel ,windham etc

idk how dungey will do against stewart, stewart isnt amped to race unless he has someone worth beating, but stewart has had the bike on cruise control since rc has retired , and races for checks now, i think if they hype dungey up enough stewart will get the motivation to come back and stomp on him, outdoors dont pay good and theyve lost alot of there prestige the last few yrs, so unless they get hyping someone idk what youll see out of stewart

i gotta laugh at the stewart should get a job comment, any team would hire him in a hearbeat if they could afford him, his presence at the races does more for the sport than a whole field of dungeys just because of the hype around him

alessis dad and alessi are both d bags, im glad grant is giving them a hard time, it doesnt pay to run your mouth

i think villopoto is the main competition for stewart and maybe only , lets not forget a 1, dungey only caught stewart half injured running on cruise control and then stewart poured it on and pulled out the win, i think your underestimating what stewart has , because he hasnt been balls out since rc quit

250r rider 88
06-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by SRH
dungey has to work for his wins, extra hard, harder than most riders because he doesnt have the same natural talent as a reed, stewart, jlaw, pourcel ,windham etc

idk how dungey will do against stewart, stewart isnt amped to race unless he has someone worth beating, but stewart has had the bike on cruise control since rc has retired , and races for checks now, i think if they hype dungey up enough stewart will get the motivation to come back and stomp on him, outdoors dont pay good and theyve lost alot of there prestige the last few yrs, so unless they get hyping someone idk what youll see out of stewart

i gotta laugh at the stewart should get a job comment, any team would hire him in a hearbeat if they could afford him, his presence at the races does more for the sport than a whole field of dungeys just because of the hype around him

alessis dad and alessi are both d bags, im glad grant is giving them a hard time, it doesnt pay to run your mouth

i think villopoto is the main competition for stewart and maybe only , lets not forget a 1, dungey only caught stewart half injured running on cruise control and then stewart poured it on and pulled out the win, i think your underestimating what stewart has , because he hasnt been balls out since rc quit

i on't argue with any of that, what i meant by the 9-5 job was like wit ha racing company or promoter or something, he will be involved with racing his entire life, i think your right he has been on cruise control, and its either because a, he isn't challenged often enough like you said, or b, he has lost the will to be the best

dungey is also a rider that is young and skilled, he wants to win but if he doesn't he just comes back the next week hungrier to be on top, he will find more speed as he progresses got to remember its still his first year on the 450s

i will also agree that next to stewart on full go RV5 is the only rider capable of running with stewart for the longest amount of time, dungey will get there though

SRH
06-13-2010, 08:58 PM
the thing about dungey, not taking anything away from him, but jlaw had him pegged when he said once u get in his head hes done, we saw it with villopoto, i think the confidence your seeing in him now is because he knows without stewart or poto theres no current challengers, if stewart comes back and hands him his ***, i wonder if we will see a change...however if he begins beating stewart consistently he may become unstoppable

jb500ex
06-14-2010, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by SRH
the thing about dungey, not taking anything away from him, but jlaw had him pegged when he said once u get in his head hes done, we saw it with villopoto, i think the confidence your seeing in him now is because he knows without stewart or poto theres no current challengers, if stewart comes back and hands him his ***, i wonder if we will see a change...however if he begins beating stewart consistently he may become unstoppable yeah thats all fine and dandy except dungey was handling stewart before stewart got hurt. give dungey his props he has shown he is the fastest man right now

FHKracingZ
06-14-2010, 05:09 AM
If you guys really think when stewart comes back outdoors hes gonna let anybody beat him? He will races a few outdoor races and he will either win by alot or wad his brains out. Typical stewart style.

RV would hand dungey his ***** on a platter outdoors and you guys should all know it after glen helen last year.

Hondamaster5505
06-14-2010, 06:43 AM
Villopoto's a fast dude.. why he's one of my favorites. When he's feeling good, he rides faster then Stewart and just RIPS over everything.

But this is Dungey's FIRST year on the 450.. like every other rider, the longer he's on the bike, the better he will get, the hungrier he will get, the more experience he will get. He has a ton of determination.

Next supercross season is going to be one of the best over. It used to be just Stewart and Reed battling it out, now I feel there will be 4-way battles between JS1, CR22, RD5, and RV2.

300ex_#387
06-14-2010, 06:59 AM
I don't see how you guys can say Dungey will dominate Stewart?!?! Did anyone watch supercross? Stewart won and started to pull away. Yeah Dungey won the title but he also faded the last 5 or 6 rounds of the season. You cant do that when your going to race guys like stewart and reed all the time when they are 100%. I'm not taking anything away from him but a lot of people were hurt and he still wasn't winning races. Other guys like Stewart want to win no matter if they have the championship or not. They do what it takes to win. Dungey is fast be he isn't always going to be on top like Stewart will be. Stewart is expected to be at the front all the time so he does it.

300ex_#387
06-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Villopoto's a fast dude.. why he's one of my favorites. When he's feeling good, he rides faster then Stewart and just RIPS over everything.

But this is Dungey's FIRST year on the 450.. like every other rider, the longer he's on the bike, the better he will get, the hungrier he will get, the more experience he will get. He has a ton of determination.

Next supercross season is going to be one of the best over. It used to be just Stewart and Reed battling it out, now I feel there will be 4-way battles between JS1, CR22, RD5, and RV2.

It would actually be JS7 and RD1. Your forgetting about all the guys moving up from the lites class also.

300ex_#387
06-14-2010, 07:07 AM

-As for the Stewart/Dungey topic... I don't think Stewart was prepared for the intensity Dungey brought to SX and didn't expect him to be that fast. When Stewart got injured I felt like he was sort of relieved because he wasn't going to dominate the season and it was a good excuse for him to get out before people started saying Dungey is the new Stewart. Stewart says he wants do dominate SX next season but I doubt he'll do it without some serious trouble from Dungey and Reed. There really weren't enough races last season with both of them present to say who is truly faster. Next SX season will answer a lot of questions and I think it'll be close.

Did you not watch that race? After the first supercross on the podium Stewart said he was pumped that he had some competition. He was excited to be racing someone again. Relieved he wasn't going to dominate? Come on man. He is a racer. He has battled with RC at his best. He knows he has to work for a win.

Hondamaster5505
06-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
I don't see how you guys can say Dungey will dominate Stewart?!?! Did anyone watch supercross? Stewart won and started to pull away. Yeah Dungey won the title but he also faded the last 5 or 6 rounds of the season. You cant do that when your going to race guys like stewart and reed all the time when they are 100%. I'm not taking anything away from him but a lot of people were hurt and he still wasn't winning races. Other guys like Stewart want to win no matter if they have the championship or not. They do what it takes to win. Dungey is fast be he isn't always going to be on top like Stewart will be. Stewart is expected to be at the front all the time so he does it.

Stewart didn't "pull away" from him, Dungey actually pressed harder and was preparing a pass, and then slid out.

yellowzo3
06-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Did you not watch that race? After the first supercross on the podium Stewart said he was pumped that he had some competition. He was excited to be racing someone again. Relieved he wasn't going to dominate? Come on man. He is a racer. He has battled with RC at his best. He knows he has to work for a win.

James CLEARLY stated in a recent video that he wants to dominate SX... not just win. He was not dominating before he got hurt. Dungey was putting pressure on and would have been contending with James all season. I'm saying that "secretly" James was relieved to get out of the season before Dungey did any damage to his reputation of always winning. Like someone said, James has been on cruise control for a couple years and when Dungey came out swinging James didn't expect it and wasn't 100% prepared imo. Now he took a year off of riding altogether and has time to fine tune his skills to come back at his best.

....And of course hes going to say he likes a little competition. What do you want him to say...something like ..."Well Dungeys too fast I'm scared that he's going to beat me and I won't win the championship."...Please man. James loves being on easy street, collecting big money without even putting his best effort in, as would all of us. That was about to change this past SX season before he got injured. Bottom line is he wasn't ready for Dungey and didn't take him serious as a rookie coming in to play with the big boys. James got caught by surprise and now has to make sure he brings his A game every race. Stewart will probably still win the championship, but it took a reality check from Dungey to get him to step it up and start training and riding hard.

250rAL
06-14-2010, 07:44 AM
I,m disgusted with the coverage. We get to see almost nothing of the first moto now. At Mt Morris it didn't even get talked about until halfway through the 2nd moto. Not even a top ten run down. They spend 55 minutes of broadcast time to show a 35 minute race! It looked like the first moto was the one to see and we got 10 seconds of highlights out of it. How about less "filler" and more racing.

LTR450_#67
06-14-2010, 09:06 AM

I think you forgot how big of a points lead Dungey had....I wouldn't suprise me if he played it safe.

300ex_#387
06-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
I think you forgot how big of a points lead Dungey had....I wouldn't suprise me if he played it safe.

That wasn't my point. My point was Stewart wants to win races. Not get lapped by Windham because the track is too rough, rutted and muddy.

300ex_#387
06-14-2010, 11:34 AM
James CLEARLY stated in a recent video that he wants to dominate SX... not just win. He was not dominating before he got hurt. Dungey was putting pressure on and would have been contending with James all season. I'm saying that "secretly" James was relieved to get out of the season before Dungey did any damage to his reputation of always winning. Like someone said, James has been on cruise control for a couple years and when Dungey came out swinging James didn't expect it and wasn't 100% prepared imo. Now he took a year off of riding altogether and has time to fine tune his skills to come back at his best.

....And of course hes going to say he likes a little competition. What do you want him to say...something like ..."Well Dungeys too fast I'm scared that he's going to beat me and I won't win the championship."...Please man. James loves being on easy street, collecting big money without even putting his best effort in, as would all of us. That was about to change this past SX season before he got injured. Bottom line is he wasn't ready for Dungey and didn't take him serious as a rookie coming in to play with the big boys. James got caught by surprise and now has to make sure he brings his A game every race. Stewart will probably still win the championship, but it took a reality check from Dungey to get him to step it up and start training and riding hard.

It seems to me that first race was Dungeys best all year. I don't think he ever had a bigger lead than that over the rest of the feild. He may have won the championship but he still faded the rest of the SX series. Next year its going to take somone who can go all 17 rounds with the least mistakes. I'm not saying its Stewart i'm just saying put Dungey in the same situation next year with a healthy feild and we will see if he can produce a championship. Again...I'm not trying to take anything away from Dungey. I just think he isn't the best and will not "dominate" everybody.

300ex_#387
06-14-2010, 11:37 AM
A game every race. Stewart will probably still win the championship, but it took a reality check from Dungey to get him to step it up and start training and riding hard.

Stewart has more to worry about than just Dungey. RV is going to be fast.

SRH
06-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
yeah thats all fine and dandy except dungey was handling stewart before stewart got hurt. give dungey his props he has shown he is the fastest man right now

hahah no no i dont beleive so

dungey= turtle stewart = rabbit... james was just getting settled for a nap and dungey stuck a wheel in big deal

then he was riding injured so you cant judge that performance, i lost alot of respect for dungey when villopoto got in his head and laid the smackdown to dungey and dungey just took it...hell never compete with stewart with a mental game like that, stewart will win or destroy himself, i dont think these new kids have ever had competition like that... i think next sx season will be stewart, villop and pourcel

muddy400EX
06-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Stewart didn't "pull away" from him, Dungey actually pressed harder and was preparing a pass, and then slid out.

werd^ when stewart passed dungey, dungey actually caught up to him, and just about passed him. when stewart passes and gets in first, second place doesnt usually catch up, which i thought was kickass of dungey

i think dungey will be the next carmichael

Hondamaster5505
06-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
werd^ when stewart passed dungey, dungey actually caught up to him, and just about passed him. when stewart passes and gets in first, second place doesnt usually catch up, which i thought was kickass of dungey

i think dungey will be the next carmichael

x2. People aren't giving him much respect for it just being his first year.. and the longer he rides the better he gets. He's not done, he'll just keep getting faster.

Hondamaster5505
06-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Oh and I think Villopoto will be the next Stewart.. extremely fast but makes a lot of mistakes sometimes.

Dungey vs Villopoto will be like RC vs JS haha

yellowzo3
06-14-2010, 01:57 PM
It seems to me that first race was Dungeys best all year. I don't think he ever had a bigger lead than that over the rest of the feild. He may have won the championship but he still faded the rest of the SX series. Next year its going to take somone who can go all 17 rounds with the least mistakes. I'm not saying its Stewart i'm just saying put Dungey in the same situation next year with a healthy feild and we will see if he can produce a championship. Again...I'm not trying to take anything away from Dungey. I just think he isn't the best and will not "dominate" everybody.

James is the one who said he wants to dominate the series, not Dungey. Dungey will not dominate a SX series, but he'll prevent James from dominating by winning a few races here and there. When James says he wants to dominate, that means he's planning on winning every race... He's done it before and I'm sure that his goal is to do it again. Dungey was merely the reality check James needed to see that setting his pace on cruise control wasnt going to cut it anymore.

We can't count Dungey out though. Remember, this was only his first SX series in the 450 class. I'm sure next year he'll be even better as he's got a bunch of seat time on the 450 and some race environment experience.

I think Stewart will be the champ next year if hes healthy, followed by Reed or Dungey.

The bottom line is, Stewart needed a reality check to pick up his pace. Dungey gave him that reality check. I'm not saying Dungey is the best rider ever but he just happened to be the one to show James that he's here to win. Once James wakes up and puts some serious effort into racing again he will be back on top and won't be worrying about Dungey, Reed, Villopoto, or anyone else. This was merely just a wake up call for Stewart imo.

muddy400EX
06-14-2010, 02:43 PM
and i hate when people say "well if so and so wouldnt have got injured he wouldnt of won"

thats just part of it, they got injured and dungey did not. its part of being a smooth rider

and dungey had some nasty spills to, like the triple he came up short on and bailed.

gotta know how to crash i guess,lol

Hondamaster5505
06-14-2010, 03:05 PM
and i hate when people say "well if so and so wouldnt have got injured he wouldnt of won"

thats just part of it, they got injured and dungey did not. its part of being a smooth rider

and dungey had some nasty spills to, like the triple he came up short on and bailed.

hahaha, I remember that. He flew through the air, landed on his feet, and still got back up and on to the bike.

He almost lost it that last MX race too, he like through his feet down to force the bike to stay upright.

300ex_#387
06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
James is the one who said he wants to dominate the series, not Dungey. Dungey will not dominate a SX series, but he'll prevent James from dominating by winning a few races here and there. When James says he wants to dominate, that means he's planning on winning every race... He's done it before and I'm sure that his goal is to do it again. Dungey was merely the reality check James needed to see that setting his pace on cruise control wasnt going to cut it anymore.

We can't count Dungey out though. Remember, this was only his first SX series in the 450 class. I'm sure next year he'll be even better as he's got a bunch of seat time on the 450 and some race environment experience.

I think Stewart will be the champ next year if hes healthy, followed by Reed or Dungey.

The bottom line is, Stewart needed a reality check to pick up his pace. Dungey gave him that reality check. I'm not saying Dungey is the best rider ever but he just happened to be the one to show James that he's here to win. Once James wakes up and puts some serious effort into racing again he will be back on top and won't be worrying about Dungey, Reed, Villopoto, or anyone else. This was merely just a wake up call for Stewart imo.

The only reason I said dominate was because someone earlier in this thread was saying Dungey is dominating everybody.

I don't see why stewart needed a reality check when he was already winning? Why did he have to pick up the pace if he was already winning? James Stewart will give James Stewart a reality check. Not anyone else. He will always be on a different level than everyone.

300ex_#387
06-14-2010, 04:06 PM

You contradicted yourself in your post. Your really proving nothing. It's all about being a smooth rider yet Dungey had some nasty spills?

yellowzo3
06-14-2010, 04:30 PM
The only reason I said dominate was because someone earlier in this thread was saying Dungey is dominating everybody.

I don't see why stewart needed a reality check when he was already winning? Why did he have to pick up the pace if he was already winning? James Stewart will give James Stewart a reality check. Not anyone else. He will always be on a different level than everyone.

Stewart says he wants to DOMINATE. Barely winning is NOT dominating. Being challenged during the race is not dominating. Stewart wants to return to the days where he was honestly 100% cruising on his last lap with no worries. Dungey was charging on him multiple times towards the end of races. That is far from dominating.

Stewart isn't invincible. People WILL catch him if he doesn't ride 100% at races, as Dungey showed. Eventually somebody will be better than Stewart. But for right now Stewart can be the fastest man on the track if he wants to. I don't see why you won't admit that Stewart got caught off guard by Dungey's speed last season; and that he needs to pick up the pace if he wants to dominate SX once again.

Stewart thought he was king of the world. He probably said to himself "ok well a bunch of these guys are only rookies, no worries for me, they'll be running mid pack all season, and I'll just focus on Reed"... So he shows up with his usual confidence and BAM Dungey puts the pressure on right away. Now he's saying to himself "well ****... I better step it up a notch if I want to take home the championship!"

If Stewart comes back next SX season with the same laid back attitude he WILL NOT dominate. Dungey, Reed, and the others are FAR from slow.

jb500ex
06-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by SRH
hahah no no i dont beleive so

dungey= turtle stewart = rabbit... james was just getting settled for a nap and dungey stuck a wheel in big deal

then he was riding injured so you cant judge that performance, i lost alot of respect for dungey when villopoto got in his head and laid the smackdown to dungey and dungey just took it...hell never compete with stewart with a mental game like that, stewart will win or destroy himself, i dont think these new kids have ever had competition like that... i think next sx season will be stewart, villop and pourcel
i love how everyone pimps rv, and js as these great racers that are head and shoulders better. rd in his first season on big bikes has more championships on big bikes then rv and will have almost as many as stewart. dungey was beating stewart when stewart got hurt. dungey was beating villapoto until he planted himself. you notice a theme these so called fast guys lawn dart themselves to injury every year. maybe they arent as fast as many believe they just ride over their head and fact is it has bitten them more then helped them. dungey is off to a better start to his big bike career then both. has beaten both and deserves to be given the accolades. when and if rv actually wins something then you can say hes faster. i believe dungey is just getting started. he is a much smarter and smoother rider then both your boys. he does what he has too while keeping himself healthy.

rbgnwa45
06-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Considering all the mechanical issues, crashes, poor track conditions, and screw ups, how can anyone argue skill? Look at the standings from High Point:

1. Ryan Dungey 1/1
SUZ

2. Andrew Short 3/2
HON

3. Brett Metcalfe 6/3
HON

4. Ben Townley 4/6
HON

5. Mike Alessi 7/5
KTM

6. Matt Goerke 5/7
YAM

Anyone of them could have won and Reed DNF'd.

450 Point standings

Ryan Dungey 126

Brett Metcalfe 101

Mike Alessi 98

Chad Reed 95

Ben Townley 87

Josh Grant 82

Andrew Short 79

Davi Millsaps 76

... and it's only round 3!

300ex_#387
06-14-2010, 05:13 PM
i love how everyone pimps rv, and js as these great racers that are head and shoulders better. rd in his first season on big bikes has more championships on big bikes then rv and will have almost as many as stewart. dungey was beating stewart when stewart got hurt. dungey was beating villapoto until he planted himself. you notice a theme these so called fast guys lawn dart themselves to injury every year. maybe they arent as fast as many believe they just ride over their head and fact is it has bitten them more then helped them. dungey is off to a better start to his big bike career then both. has beaten both and deserves to be given the accolades. when and if rv actually wins something then you can say hes faster. i believe dungey is just getting started. he is a much smarter and smoother rider then both your boys. he does what he has too while keeping himself healthy.

Dungey lawn darted his fair share of times too. Luckily he did not get hurt. You want to talk about smooth? Give that to K-Dub...not Dungey.

300ex_#387
06-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Stewart says he wants to DOMINATE. Barely winning is NOT dominating. Being challenged during the race is not dominating. Stewart wants to return to the days where he was honestly 100% cruising on his last lap with no worries. Dungey was charging on him multiple times towards the end of races. That is far from dominating.

Stewart isn't invincible. People WILL catch him if he doesn't ride 100% at races, as Dungey showed. Eventually somebody will be better than Stewart. But for right now Stewart can be the fastest man on the track if he wants to. I don't see why you won't admit that Stewart got caught off guard by Dungey's speed last season; and that he needs to pick up the pace if he wants to dominate SX once again.

Stewart thought he was king of the world. He probably said to himself "ok well a bunch of these guys are only rookies, no worries for me, they'll be running mid pack all season, and I'll just focus on Reed"... So he shows up with his usual confidence and BAM Dungey puts the pressure on right away. Now he's saying to himself "well ****... I better step it up a notch if I want to take home the championship!"

If Stewart comes back next SX season with the same laid back attitude he WILL NOT dominate. Dungey, Reed, and the others are FAR from slow.

Lol I'm at a loss for words man. Lets just wait and see what happends. We are going in circles right now. Lets talk in 2011!

muddy400EX
06-14-2010, 05:34 PM
You contradicted yourself in your post. Your really proving nothing. It's all about being a smooth rider yet Dungey had some nasty spills?

ya but...he crashes smooth, haha

iono, i mean obviously there gonna wreck. just trying to say that not getting hurt, is part of winning. and dungey's been good at not being hurt

yellowzo3
06-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Lol I'm at a loss for words man. Lets just wait and see what happends. We are going in circles right now. Lets talk in 2011!

Yeah man its hard to predict what will happen but its fun listening to everyones theories. All of us can go back and forth all day but we need to see what James brings to the table in 2011. It could be the best season of SX ever actually :p

However we'll all be screwed if ANYONE gets hurt in outdoors since we all have each scenario planned out in our minds and are counting on everyone racing lol

muddy400EX
06-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah man its hard to predict what will happen but its fun listening to everyones theories. All of us can go back and forth all day but we need to see what James brings to the table in 2011. It could be the best season of SX ever actually :p

However we'll all be screwed if ANYONE gets hurt in outdoors since we all have each scenario planned out in our minds and are counting on everyone racing lol

i cant wait for stewart to come back! im a dungey fan, but i just like to see a good race. no matter who wins. when 2 dudes are side by side goin at it i get friggin pumped! i love it:macho

rbgnwa45
06-14-2010, 07:28 PM
How much power do the factory bikes have and how much do they weigh? Do they change every nut & bolt, etc?

MX MaNiAc 06
06-14-2010, 08:23 PM
I like how people's opinion of their favorite riders includes their lifestyle, attitude and drama. Kind of reminds me of pro wrestling hahaha

muddy400EX
06-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
I like how people's opinion of their favorite riders includes their lifestyle, attitude and drama. Kind of reminds me of pro wrestling hahaha

i think thats how it is with every sport though. i mean, are people gonna favor one guy just because they like the way his name sounds?:ermm:

SRH
06-15-2010, 08:56 PM

so called fast guys?? you know stewart has been on a big bike since like 04....

if you know mx you know dungey isnt a finese rider, hes fast works hard and rides fairly consistent, but as he proved, poto proved and lawrence proved...once your in his head youve beaten him

i dont think we will see riders like rc and stewart for awhile, there battles were insane

250x_kyle
06-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
yeah...i think dungey proved himself catching up to short in the second moto

i was impressed by that. but all and all at the end of the day i was soaked from head to toe. the lites class got the short end of the stick rained during both motos

jesseweaver
06-16-2010, 03:29 PM
is anyone going to budds creek this weekend?