PDA

View Full Version : protien powder

bens250ex
06-12-2010, 10:21 PM
what do you guys use for workin out protien shakes? i have used EAS and muscle milk but cant decide on what i want to buy now. anyone have experience with some good protien mixes?

juice420
06-13-2010, 02:54 PM
I eat Mickey D's everyday, now that's protein.

Warnerade
06-13-2010, 03:06 PM
MHP and Optimum nutrition gave me the best results

k4f5x0r
06-13-2010, 03:19 PM
HGH and winstrol ;)

NacsMXer
06-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Optimum Nutrition makes a good product for the money. Right now i'm on GNC's Pro Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I'm getting good results on it, tastes fantastic, mixes great with milk/water with no clumping, zero issues with cramps/bloating etc. Only downside is it is a little expensive. I like the Chocolate and Banana Cream Flavors the best :cool:

gncc025
06-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Its not strictly a protein powder but ISO-MASS Xtreme weight gainer seems to work the best for me. It will give stomach cramps bad though:scary:

trx310R#24
06-13-2010, 09:35 PM
super pump 250 i gained 10lbs lifting with this stuff in 2 weeks. tastes like *** though lol and i take six star protein chake to..... now but super pump did fine by its self.

Scottt89
06-13-2010, 09:44 PM
GNC house brand Max Protien. It's in a blue container. I do more weight loss, and mix with water to save the extra calories and it still tastes really good. I've found a lot of them taste like chalk without milk and some even with milk.

madskrillz2
06-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Can't go wrong with Optimum Nutrition. They seem to have the widest variety of flavors too

user101
06-14-2010, 03:31 AM
I've been using BSN syntha six and cell mass. Tastes great and mixes up just fine.

bens250ex
06-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
super pump 250 i gained 10lbs lifting with this stuff in 2 weeks. tastes like *** though lol and i take six star protein chake to..... now but super pump did fine by its self.

i usually take super pump before workouts sometimes. the biggest thing is i don't want something that it aweful for me. some people have been saying muscle milk contains alot of metals and it does and supposedly if you over use it, it can harm you??

woodsman250r
06-14-2010, 01:19 PM
This is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. I would stay away from BSN or Muscle Milk, seems like they worry too much about advertising than the quality of their products. The only brand I use now for workout supplements it Beverly International. The products work, are made from high quality ingredients, don't make me sick, and are used by everyday people who don't get paid big bucks to endorse. I love the ultimate muscle protein, as well as the muscle provider. And the ultimate muscle protein is unique because it has an 80:20 casein to whey ratio which is giving you both fast and slow absorbing proteins. I have used about every powder you can think of, and this is my choice without a doubt. Plus you can use their proteins in many other ways aside from just boring shakes. I just choose to spend my money on a product that gives the best results and has the highest quality. Most of the stuff out there is junk, so just pay attention to labels. Just because it contains 50g of protein in one scoop, doesn't mean its the best.

levonskinator
06-14-2010, 08:34 PM
i've been taking mass tech for a month and i've seen some good results. I've also been on jack3d and I must say, that **** works! It does mess with my stomach a little bit tho, but if defiantly does what it advertises. I'm not talking about the temporary pump, which you do get, but I got like a desire to kick *** in the gym and all jittery.

MX MaNiAc 06
06-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Whole Gains swiss chocolate

bens250ex
06-14-2010, 08:55 PM
i ordered some of that beverly international even though i have never heard of it. it seemed to have good ingredients so i figured i would give it a shot. muscle milk is so tasty is what i like about it.

trx310R#24
06-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
i usually take super pump before workouts sometimes. the biggest thing is i don't want something that it aweful for me. some people have been saying muscle milk contains alot of metals and it does and supposedly if you over use it, it can harm you??

lol all of it can harm you... non of them are really good for you.. =p

jb500ex
06-15-2010, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Warnerade
MHP and Optimum nutrition gave me the best results if you like mhp try the new inner armour products. its a new company started by the guy who use to develope mhp's products.

destey
06-15-2010, 11:29 AM
whey protein is whey protein. It just differs in whether its isolated, whether proteinase is added (helps with mixing), whether vitamins are added, and how much advertising is done.

Basically you've got:

*gainers (mostly carbs, moderate amount of protein)
*whey protein

I take Affordable Whey by IDS. It mixes like crap, you need one of those handheld blenders from walmart, and it doesn't taste that great, but its $17/5lbs from supplementwarehouse.com. Its pretty much a gainer as its 50:50 whey:carbohydrate

I'd find the cheapest protein that tastes ok. Personally I use a handheld blender but you can usually find a protein the mixes well if you try a few brands.

edit:

also I cut back on the amount of protein I intake. I used to intake 150 grams a day, while on a 2500-3000 cal diet. I read that if you intake too much protein, the excess gets burned as energy. This isn't bad in itself, but the mechanisms that burn the protein get good at burning protein and when you're inbetween meals you have a greater tendency to start burning protein (through gluconeogenesis), versus liver/muscle glycogen (what you want to happen)

Robin Hood
06-15-2010, 08:46 PM
100% ON Whey. I have the rocky road flavor and it's pretty good.

And I'll down 1-2 pbj's and a glass of milk before bed. :D

bens250ex
06-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
lol all of it can harm you... non of them are really good for you.. =p

i wonder what it would be like to take super pimp before a race lol might work if you dont drink too much .

bens250ex
06-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by destey
whey protein is whey protein. It just differs in whether its isolated, whether proteinase is added (helps with mixing), whether vitamins are added, and how much advertising is done.

Basically you've got:

*gainers (mostly carbs, moderate amount of protein)
*whey protein

I take Affordable Whey by IDS. It mixes like crap, you need one of those handheld blenders from walmart, and it doesn't taste that great, but its $17/5lbs from supplementwarehouse.com. Its pretty much a gainer as its 50:50 whey:carbohydrate

I'd find the cheapest protein that tastes ok. Personally I use a handheld blender but you can usually find a protein the mixes well if you try a few brands.

edit:

also I cut back on the amount of protein I intake. I used to intake 150 grams a day, while on a 2500-3000 cal diet. I read that if you intake too much protein, the excess gets burned as energy. This isn't bad in itself, but the mechanisms that burn the protein get good at burning protein and when you're inbetween meals you have a greater tendency to start burning protein (through gluconeogenesis), versus liver/muscle glycogen (what you want to happen)

i love how muscle milk taste and mixes the stuff is soooo good. i usually just take 30-60 grams in my drinks depending on how hard i worked out. i hope this beverly international tastes good lol. i can't complain about muscle milk rxcept for some of the stuff in it. i did get good results from it. i hope this new stuff will do me good

PhilMoore
06-16-2010, 10:25 AM
As Homer would say.

mmmmmm.....

Cadmium....

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/safety/2010/06/protein-drink-makers-respond-to-cus-investigation.html?cid=6a00d83451e0d569e20133f03bc ff3970b

bens250ex
06-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by PhilMoore
As Homer would say.

mmmmmm.....

Cadmium....

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/safety/2010/06/protein-drink-makers-respond-to-cus-investigation.html?cid=6a00d83451e0d569e20133f03bc ff3970b

well there is the answer thanks for that info i will not buy mucle milk anymore......:macho

MX MaNiAc 06
06-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
i wonder what it would be like to take super pimp before a race lol might work if you dont drink too much .

I always take energy pills before i ride. Like hydroxycut hardcore, xenadrine, fireball. I drink over a gallon in a day just to be safe cuz its horrible for your liver if u get dehydrated. Makes me ride like a fierce wild animal.. with rabies.

416exfreak
06-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Ive been using ADS Lean Mass Builder for about 6 weeks now, and Ive seen great results from it. I focus around cardio workouts, and build in strength training where it fits, but I've gained as much as 6lbs a week, with an average of 2.5lbs.

When I started taking it I was 6'0", 140lbs.. now im holding steady at abt 165, and thats with running 6-8 miles a day and riding.

I actually started using protein to combat soreness, not to build muscle.. but the byproduct is also very welcome!:devil:

bens250ex
06-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
I always take energy pills before i ride. Like hydroxycut hardcore, xenadrine, fireball. I drink over a gallon in a day just to be safe cuz its horrible for your liver if u get dehydrated. Makes me ride like a fierce wild animal.. with rabies.

lol i might have to try it out.

bens250ex
06-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Ive been using ADS Lean Mass Builder for about 6 weeks now, and Ive seen great results from it. I focus around cardio workouts, and build in strength training where it fits, but I've gained as much as 6lbs a week, with an average of 2.5lbs.

When I started taking it I was 6'0", 140lbs.. now im holding steady at abt 165, and thats with running 6-8 miles a day and riding.

I actually started using protein to combat soreness, not to build muscle.. but the byproduct is also very welcome!:devil:

i dont wanna gain weight really just stay around where i am now. i weigh 175 ish but dont really want to be more than 185 cause then i feel i will loose flexability and such