PDA

View Full Version : lighting audio 10in sub and Jensen amp opion

yellowhonda400
06-12-2010, 05:18 PM
im looking at a 10in lighting audio sub and jensen amp for 50 bucks. i never heard of them so i was wondering if they are even worth the money. right now i have no sub or amp in my car just my stock sound system. any help would be great thanks

Kickstarts-suck
06-12-2010, 05:54 PM
No. Save your money.

juice420
06-12-2010, 08:00 PM
It's funny, everyone on here bumps a bunch of no name crap. Whatever happened to Kicker, MTX, Kenwood, etc. All these people talk about nowadays is Memphis Belle and Pyramid lol.
Edit: It's only 50 bucks for a reason. Jensen has been around awhile but they've sucked the whole time. And Lightning Audio is something you would find at a flea market. It's called Lightning Audio cause that's what you see when it blows up the first day....little sparks of lightning lol.

yellowhonda400
06-12-2010, 08:51 PM
lol i want something nice but right now im short on cash and i found a deal from a kid i work with. im porbably just gonna save my money an get a pair of nice 12's and a nice amp, why waste my money on crap

quadbod
06-14-2010, 11:59 AM
I used to fit car audio for a long long time and we sold Jensen and lightening gear and I really don't care what anyone else says, it is actually reasonable gear. Got good tight bass. For $50 you really can't go wrong. I have had years of experience with these manufacturers and they are one of the better budget brands.

juice420
06-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by quadbod
I used to fit car audio for a long long time and we sold Jensen and lightening gear and I really don't care what anyone else says, it is actually reasonable gear. Got good tight bass. For $50 you really can't go wrong. I have had years of experience with these manufacturers and they are one of the better budget brands.

When he says "used to" he means before all the good brands came out.

quadbod
06-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Whatever you say, kid.

Kickstarts-suck
06-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by juice420
When he says "used to" he means before all the good brands came out.

lol :p

juice420
06-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Whatever you say, kid.
Nice comeback....Anyway, you even said it yourself they are "budget brands". I used to own a Jensen amp, the ones that had the blue l.e.d. lights by the controls. It was a decent amp but that was probably their best model and it was garbage compared to Kicker, MTX, Precision Power, etc.

Can't go wrong with these guys..
http://www.precisionpower.com/home.htm

quadbod
06-14-2010, 02:54 PM
It is budget gear but is is $50.

I am sick of the children on this site and their bad attitudes. You offer someone advice and you get shot down. There is too many gobby kids and not enough moderation.

krt400ex
06-14-2010, 03:04 PM
It is budget gear but is is $50.

I am sick of the children on this site and their bad attitudes. You offer someone advice and you get shot down. There is too many gobby kids and not enough moderation.

i agree. the point of this thread here is that the OP is on a budget. he dont have much money to blow and he's got a stock system in his car. anything is better than stock, so evem if its not the best its still gonna be an improvement over what he's got.

if you sold it, and its good stuff for a tight budget, then i'd listen to you. boys, he said "for a budget" he knows its not the best you can get. he knows kicker and presicion is better etc. hence why he said a budget. he's giving the OP the advice he was looking for. so get off of him

exrider12
06-14-2010, 03:09 PM
I just put two 12 inch JL Audio subs in my car along with a JL Audio 500W amp. Sounds amazing with the new JL speakers and Alpine head unit. Id reccomend them.

Kickstarts-suck
06-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
I just put two 12 inch JL Audio subs in my car along with a JL Audio 500W amp. Sounds amazing with the new JL speakers and Alpine head unit. Id reccomend them.

JL is so overrated and overpriced.

I nver heard what his budget was. Everyone has a different opinion on "low budget" but IMO I wouldn't waste the money. Save it and get something alittle better.

yellowhonda400
06-14-2010, 06:47 PM
thanks for all the advice (quadboy) i think for now im just gonna save my money until i can afford something a little better. thanks again

ben300
06-14-2010, 07:43 PM
lightning audio has been around for awhile. since the 90's at least. they are fosgates budget brand.

and who ever was ragging on the memphis bell, you obviously dont know anything about car audio, cause if ya did, you would know that memphis makes some high quality **** for the serious bass-aholic...

heck, they made the mojo sub, which was a three tiered, tripple basket, triple motored sub. it was a truly unique design.

juice420
06-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by ben300
lightning audio has been around for awhile. since the 90's at least. they are fosgates budget brand.

and who ever was ragging on the memphis bell, you obviously dont know anything about car audio, cause if ya did, you would know that memphis makes some high quality **** for the serious bass-aholic...

heck, they made the mojo sub, which was a three tiered, tripple basket, triple motored sub. it was a truly unique design.
HAHAHAHA!!! I knew someone that had those things, man are they garbage!!! He had 2 12" Mojo's and like the best amp Pioneer makes. I had 2 15" Kicker Comp VR's and a 600 watt PPI amp and you couldn't even hear his over mine lol. Like I said before, save your money dude and buy something quality; PPI, Kicker, MTX, Rockford, etc. Make sure you get some 1/0 guage wire from your battery to your amp (or fuse block) too, makes a world of difference.

EDIT: Also QuadBOY, I'm not a kid, I was out robbin liquor stores when you was just a nutstain in your mommas drawers.

quadbod
06-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Well in that case, you should know better than to act like a spotty little twat. Kid.