PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick out tires

DESDAK4
02-01-2003, 07:19 PM
I need to buy tires and I just don't want to spend the kind od money it takes to get Razr II's. Could you guys give me some feed back on good tires that last for a long time in the price range of the Fast trackers or the regular razr's. I am looking for a good all around tire so tell me what you know and give good and bad things about the tires along with different combo's of front and back tires along with the stock fronts.

Thanks
Jay
USAF

P.S Right now I am leaning towards the Fast Tracker is it a good tire?

TRX_Thumper
02-01-2003, 07:34 PM
it all just depends on what kind of terrain your gonna ride..if its woods heck no stay away from the fast trekkers...i hate those things....i took my new kenda knarly's on an all day ride 2day and they are awesome...are hole lot tougher than my old holeshots...much better in the mud...hook up is much improved...this is my 4th set of back tires since i bought the quad new in april...stock 300ex tires stock 400ex, holeshots an knarly's and knarly's are by far the best

DESDAK4
02-01-2003, 07:45 PM
I ride in about everythingyou can think of. The knarly look good, do you think they would be good in snow also? What front tires have you been running with all these tires.

Jay
USAF

Pappy
02-01-2003, 07:55 PM
IMO...general riding...old style razors...i love 'em:)

TRX_Thumper
02-01-2003, 07:56 PM
my guess would be the knarly's would be great in the snow..im running 20x11x9 6 ply and by no means are these tires heavy...they go great in ruts an such...ive not had them in snow yet...i ran the stock front tires till they were absolutly slick then bought new bandit 6 ply's up front and they have about 20% tread left they are super tough ive only had one flat an that was 2day...at 9:30 this morn i busted a sidewall in them and rode it till we got home at 6...i couldnt even tell..the sidewalls are so stiff it held the tire up and the rim was no where near the ground..but yet i wonder how i punctured the sidewall lol

Sparks425Ex
02-01-2003, 08:06 PM
Tamers.

woods_racer440
02-01-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
I need to buy tires and I just don't want to spend the kind od money it takes to get Razr II's. Could you guys give me some feed back on good tires that last for a long time in the price range of the Fast trackers or the regular razr's. I am looking for a good all around tire so tell me what you know and give good and bad things about the tires along with different combo's of front and back tires along with the stock fronts.

Thanks
Jay
USAF

P.S Right now I am leaning towards the Fast Tracker is it a good tire?

RIDER11X
02-02-2003, 12:36 AM
Holeshote are great. I use them all the time. Maxxis All Trax are also good, but not as sporty of handling

trailburner
02-02-2003, 06:37 AM
HOLE SHOTS!!!I love mine.....

bmw500hp
02-02-2003, 09:35 AM
IMO:

Here's an opinion from a fast recreational rider / varied riding conditions. I will ride in a downpour just for the **** of it.

[Razor 2's]
If you can only afford one set of tires...and you ride a large variety of conditions other than mx...Razor 2's "best choice" Good cleaning, good steering. Tough! If looks are a concern...Razor 2's look great on the quad! Downfall...somewhat heavy.

[Holeshots , XCR]
I have had 3 sets of XCR's... good choice when mud and ruts are NOT the primary riding. Soft compound. When the woods and riding is dry...XCR's Rock! Slide OK. Wear is quicker than Razor. Tough in regard to puncture. Great everywhere but mud.

[Kenda Knarlies]
I am anxious to own a set of kenda's ...wish I could comment.

[QBC Mudsharks]
Just put them on last night....anxious for some good sloppy trails and snow...look hilarious ...laughed at the "tractor" look over brewskies all night! lol

Teufel
02-02-2003, 10:40 AM
I prefer Holeshots, they are excellent for handling and durability:confused2

JD400exrider
02-02-2003, 08:40 PM
razors in rear holeshot in front. Love them. Do allot of trail and woods riding