PDA

View Full Version : shipping fenders

IRISH-RACER-14
06-12-2010, 07:46 AM
so soon i might have to send fenders to ireland from new york. whats the best company to ship them? im looking for the cheapest option.thanks

mjc597
06-12-2010, 08:26 AM
i'm not sure if there is a cheap way to ship plastics? my father in law shipped some from arkansas to oregon and it cost him $198.00 to ship a set. 2 boxes..cuase we couldn't fit them in one..and that was the post office price..ups wanted like 20 dollars more..fed-ex was about the same as ups.. we also heard of people using greyhound buslines to ship them, but that won't work in your case...

jkiserracing
06-12-2010, 08:01 PM
The cheapest way to ship something like that internationally is by cotainer / cargo ship (this will take a month or more to arrive). There are companies online that do it. Ive done it a few times but you will have to drive it to and airport terminal or trucking terminal in a larger city. My suggestion to you would be, if your selling these, just sell to someone in the US. Its just alot of extra work to do the international thing on large packages.

IRISH-RACER-14
06-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
The cheapest way to ship something like that internationally is by cotainer / cargo ship (this will take a month or more to arrive). There are companies online that do it. Ive done it a few times but you will have to drive it to and airport terminal or trucking terminal in a larger city. My suggestion to you would be, if your selling these, just sell to someone in the US. Its just alot of extra work to do the international thing on large packages.

that would be a the cheapest but i would have to pay for income taxes here in ireland

quadbod
06-13-2010, 02:32 AM
I got a set of maier plastics for my ex last year from ebay America (I live in England) and they cost $50 to ship. They were sent usps and arrived with me through Parcel Force.

IRISH-RACER-14
06-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by quadbod
I got a set of maier plastics for my ex last year from ebay America (I live in England) and they cost $50 to ship. They were sent usps and arrived with me through Parcel Force.

now thats a good deal. did maier send them to you or was it another company?

quadbod
06-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Not direct from Maier, just someone in ebay land! Maybe they ship all the time and get goods rates, I don't know but I remember it being really really cheap. Defiantly usps though.

jkiserracing
06-13-2010, 11:35 AM
The post office has changed some of their size limitations for international shiping. I can almost bet you that guy ended up paying way more than he charged for shipping. (that is the guy who paid the $50) Not all countries postal system will allow packages that size in their system. The best way to check is to just goto usps.com and plug in all the info and see. Now I just did it and got that message....too big. The box (for the rear alone) needs to be 36x36x15. heres the link i just tried.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/PackageProperties.aspx?country=10210&m=7&p=15&o=0