PDA

View Full Version : Some think you dont need a helmet

luvmyex
02-01-2003, 07:05 PM
I just cleaned all the mud out of mine and saw how bad it looks.Ive only come off my quad in all my riding in the past 3 1/2 yrs maybe 10 - 15 times.And i have never really slammed my head hard.Ive hit it several times but never Real hard.But all the scratches from the trees and rocks and sticks.I'd hate to think what my head would be like if i didnt have it on. The crack in the visor was from a flying log from the guy in front of me.That would have really felt good!

luvmyex
02-01-2003, 07:06 PM
the back

TC17
02-01-2003, 07:13 PM
my helmet is craked at the side of the visor too. i went over the bars and my head slammed off the ground and broke my visor. i would probably be dead without my helmet. 100 bucks for your life is a good idea.;)

roostin_dale
02-01-2003, 07:30 PM
its amazing how many people dont wear helmets! In my last wreck i broke the visor off my helmet

stocktires
02-01-2003, 08:23 PM
My visor was cracked into 5 pieces :eek: :D :blah :devil
Yea, i got a concusion (again, lol)
anyway, I'll NEVER even start my R without my helmet now, I grew up not wearing a helmet (till 12yo) but now I just wont eve ride if I dont have a helmet. :)

Nausty
02-01-2003, 08:58 PM
oh god don't get me started on helmets. My last one was pretty much obliterated into peiced and had about every part of it replaced. But plz guys if you don't wear helmets, do wear them. It only takes one hit to the head.

Pvt. Maggot
02-01-2003, 09:04 PM
i've been flug off my quad and my head was like a ping pong off trees....just a few dings...i droped it on my basement floor and my visor breaks into peices...i used electrical tape cuz i couldn't find the duct tape....:macho

Sportrax10
02-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Yea, I always wear a helmet. Its probably about time for a new one.

Pvt. Maggot I put my helmet on my basement steps(because I keep my quads down there) and accidently knocked it and it rolled all the way to the bottom.:grr :grr Now I have a crack in my TLD visor.:grr I dont put it there anymore...

Jekyl_22
02-01-2003, 09:54 PM
I ride with a helmet when I do anything challenging. Sometimes I just cruise around without one. I know I should always wear one, but I just don't sometimes. I have broke out the mouth piece on my helmet on a bad landing on a big double, and my helmet has multiple dents and scratches and pain chips. My dad has told me a few stories about his friends dieing from blows to the head. This one guy fell off of a CAT and hit his head on a small rock; he died. A local kid riding a dirt bike hit a tree head on and died, but he was wearing a helmet. SO remember, a helmet is irreplaceable.... but it isn't invincible. So wear a helmet, and ride smart!!!:macho

stocktires
02-01-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
Yea, I always wear a helmet. Its probably about time for a new one.

Pvt. Maggot I put my helmet on my basement steps(because I keep my quads down there) and accidently knocked it and it rolled all the way to the bottom.:grr :grr Now I have a crack in my TLD visor.:grr I dont put it there anymore...

I gota TLD visor too, they arent very strong! :(
but they do look nice, lol :p

2fastandfurious
02-02-2003, 12:12 AM
As a paramedic I can testify that if you dont have a helmet you just plain stupid. I think all of the manfuc. should be giving free helmets with the purchase of an atv.
-Ben

lil400exman
02-02-2003, 07:49 AM
well thats what i was thinkin ben..........forget the training courses give em a helmet it will make alot of people smarter cause it will save their brain cells when they fall off...............:eek:

muff
02-02-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by 2fastandfurious
I think all of the manfuc. should be giving free helmets with the purchase of an atv.
-Ben

that wouldnt be a bad idea

HondaRancherES
02-02-2003, 08:30 AM
Mine looks the same way LUVMYEX

phatswinn
02-02-2003, 09:22 AM
mines used as a branch deflector half the time i wonder what would happen if i didnt wear one? lol bad idea not to wear helmets...very bad

muff
02-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by phatswinn
mines used as a branch deflector half the time

same here, just turn your helmet down so the braches just get knocked over your visor and helmet, branches to the face suck

luvmyex
02-02-2003, 06:12 PM
They dont feel to good in the shin either.I caught one today about 6' long right on the shin bone.