PDA

View Full Version : foul 50

fomospede
06-11-2010, 08:19 PM
here it is ,i had a strong running stock 50, the last time it was riding it got hot, but just for a second my son brung it to me right
away!not thinking i went ahead and put my new s6 cylinder setup
got it jetted and he was out tearing up the back yard and again he brings it in hot (light just turned on) this time though i notice it wont rev at all? now on restart it is making poor power on bottom and will noit rev out at all? i just did a comp test and got 150psi so thats good one thing i did notice was the porcelin resistors mounted on the frame were hot is this normal are they needed?? please help

EthansDad
06-11-2010, 09:24 PM
is it better cold again? if not, you might have over heated the crank. that would still give you good compression, but power would be gone due to weak/shot lower end crank bearings.

you can take the top end off and check the crank for wobble, that is a good tell. for heat issues, make sure you have your radiator clean, and for high end motors, run a better coolant like engine ice. you should also check the water pump impeller to make sure the fins have not torn off, and the inside that touches the stator to make sure that is not broke either.

if its none of those, how about jetting? is it running lean? did you rejet for the stage 6? can check the plug to see if its white or not. that would cause heat issues too.

-EA

fomospede
06-12-2010, 12:19 AM
plan is to check it in the AM cold, the jetting is very close maybe a lil rich it is light brown versus tan. i dont believe its that it was running well .crank bearings possible! the last ride the temp light didnt come on but it lost power to the point of barley being able to pull itself and sounding like it is to rich, i will be back with my early AM progress ! thanks for your time

EthansDad
06-12-2010, 04:49 AM
Does it rev out with the wheels off the ground? It might be possible your clutch gave out with the new top end and not be able to pull itself. See how it runs up on a stand.

fomospede
06-12-2010, 10:27 AM
well went out and put the jetting back to what was working started it up revs out good COLD, now the kids putting on his gear to spin some laps ,well it ran great for about 7-10 minutes, but as he was coming out of the turns i could here it getting bubbly soundin and it progressed to the same point of not being able to pull itself, no temp. light though?????????????????????/ i beleive its the clutch it had never done this before and i just reassmbled it so best to go back and check it on that end first :(

jerkyboy
06-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Are you running this stage 6 topend with the stock 50 pipe or is this a 2010 with the 90 pipe. If its a 2010 you will most likely have to lighten the rollers. When these things get up to temp
they react different. Also put a new torque spring in it before you
start changing to many things.

fomospede
06-12-2010, 11:17 AM
ok this has a s6 clutch orange springs almost maxed out, with 3.5 rollers upon dissambly i seen a problem i beleive may be it, i had just put the torque spring (hebo 1000) in when adjusting the s6 for the s6 cylinder i found that the torque spring was NOT in the saddle on the pulley about half of it was out (my dumba**) i am going out to reassy this and retest it now ,it is hard to press it down and get the nut started!:eek2:

EthansDad
06-12-2010, 03:00 PM
What jerkyboy said is spot on. Your clutch set up seems close to run on that config. what pipe you run might changes things a bit. is the hebo 1000 the red one? if not, switch to the red one.

Keep us posted on the results. I will say on some of our 50s that are clutched spot on, we get very little ride time on it before the torque spring goes bad. that is the price you pay on those 50s for winding them up to the hilt.

-EA

fomospede
06-12-2010, 03:13 PM
that was it ,realigned torque spring in seat and reassmbld and ran it for about 15 minutes and was still pulling good . It was starting to diminish a little but thinking i need to squeeze the clutch shoe springs a little more and it will be documented for future ref.!
But the torque spring was black hebo?? gonna check my invoice from gforce and make sure the package makes no ref. to spring tension

jerkyboy
06-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Watch streching those clutch springs too far. Ive seen guys crank them down and over strech them to the point they gave up in one or two motos. Might get a set of red ones to try they are a little stiffer then the orange springs.

fomospede
06-14-2010, 11:37 AM
well that black torque spring was the wrong one so i guess the time i was trying to tune was just pissing in the wind! i guess supplier mistakes happen! sucks for me that true part #s are not listed on the supplier sight to help trouble shoot