PDA

View Full Version : Banchee or 250R

pharm
02-01-2003, 06:34 PM
im trying to decide if i should get a 250R or Banchee becuase i like both but i only have about 3g's and dont know if i can get a good 250R because my freinds have them and they brake down alot and Banchee's are nice because i can get a newer one i do alot of pit riding and i like to go dune riding and i here that Banchees are better but I would like to stay with honda please help my decide thanks!

tants
02-01-2003, 06:42 PM
BANSHEES not banchees....

its your personaly prefference but i wouldnt be cought dead buying a shee...

Ralph
02-01-2003, 06:44 PM
buy my banshee, 3,700obo, it will rip circles around ur friends 250r's its a 99 and it has a totaly rebuilt topend and cranks with no hours on the engine except breakin, it also has a freshly powdercoated frame and swingarm, as soon as its i will ahve pics, i will have it done by the end of this month

02-01-2003, 06:45 PM
250r.. i pick cuz of my reasons

flyin#5
02-01-2003, 06:56 PM
banshees are sweet and newer stock ones arent too bad for reliability especially for a twin 2stroke. just do maintenance after every ride and banshees will last a while. ive never riden a 250r so i couldnt say there but i know banshees have awsome power.

250rmike
02-01-2003, 06:57 PM
i have a r for sale for 3300.00 why are shees better? u friends must not take care of thier r's b/c my r is as reliable as crap. i have never had any problems wih the motor, i have replaced the bearings in the chassis and all but thats just periodic maintnence. a r handles better than a shee(alot better) sure a shee can beat a r in a straight line drag but once any turns are in a race the r excels

stocktires
02-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by tants
i wouldnt be cought dead buying a shee...

I WOULD!!! lol
Shee's are awesome quads, but are just more drag racing oriented quads. If you do mostly dunes then I'd say a shee, but if you do and woods, mx, or anything that requires good handleing, get the R.
A good R is hard to find, thats why honda of troy and service honda make so much money off of us R lovers. You can always make a R like new (Like me :devil ).
I could write enought to fill 2 pages on the topic, but I wont.
But truthfully........I'd recommend a 300ex to you....

Ryan
02-01-2003, 09:01 PM
Well I would pick a 250R for the type of riding I do.

Banshees are mostly good for Duning, TT, and drag Racing.

250r's are mostly good for MX, XC, TT, and Duning.

The 250rs have great amout of power and you can build them up to become very fast, competitive racers. They have excellent suspension and handling over the banshees. 250rs are alot lighter also. It doesn't really lack anything only the fact that its a 16 yr old quad!

The Banshee is a very power (Stock) quad. You can build them up and make them extremley fast. It has plenty of top end. They are alot heavier then the 250r (385 pounds). They lack low end, and suspension/handling. The're front end feels a bit heavy for me.

I think you should take the 250r!

Nausty
02-01-2003, 09:03 PM
banshee's are so fun to ride. About the 250r's though my dad wanted to get one but I think we are gonna go with a used 400ex instead so the parts are interchangeable and because we don't want the maintance and we already know everything about it.

MichaelS693
02-01-2003, 09:05 PM
i'de get the shee:eek: :D

ESR250R
02-01-2003, 09:15 PM
i think your shee claims are funny. i went to attica last year and embarassed 95% of the shee's there with a stock 86 motor with mild port work, stock carb and a esr trx5 pipe. i cant wait to go back with my lrd ported cylinder, and a 38mm a/s carb. i would always launch alot harder and quicker than the shee's and i would pull most all the way down the strip. there was however one tecate 250r there that did embarass me. i was at the line and i look over to see some beat up, crappy looking quad and i was like WTF is this thing. well those things are definetely fast. he had the fastest quad there that weekend.

QuAdRaCeR244
02-01-2003, 10:19 PM
It's banshee...and i would go with a 250r.

lil400exman
02-02-2003, 07:57 AM
yeah a tectate 4 are sweet but i hate cause its like riding a blaster that go the speed of light....... i think r's are a more rounded engine you can do anything you want with them and stioll be competeitve at my local track a guy brought this shee and he said ohh yahh i will ur nancie 400 well since he couldnt keep it on the power i lapped him and he cam in last place........if that tells you anything r are light and shees are heavy you need to be a big guy to ride a shee comfortably cause they are so havy r's work for a smaller guy like me..............all just my 0.02 cents peopleor should i say my 2.00 i hate giving away money..........:ermm: :eek: :p

bansheerooste02
02-02-2003, 11:44 AM
id say a banshee all the way, even if i ride blue! mine hasnt broke down, never fouled a plug, and let me tell you i ride mine to **** and back everyday! my friend has a r and they arnt near as fast, and for the weight, on like 20 pounds! i race my banshee on mx, and nowdays you dont see many r's nor shees at the tracks! there becoming over populated with 4 strokes! 4 strokes has the lack of power, but hey i love my friends 400 its just banshees power comes on hard and is all the way through!
Banshees arnt a toy, get the banshee and hold on tight! if hondas r's were that good, they would still be making them! they werent making any profit off them, and how long has the shee been going on? Honda is made from reliability, not much over yamaha, and yamaha has the speed
easily said, easily done

toomeyshee87
02-02-2003, 11:51 AM
i would say what ever is your preference, mine handles very well (banshee) and it will be better once i get my blaster pegs and shortend swingarm. ive switched quads with my friend (86 250r) and i like it and he likes mine also, he races mx and he says you can make a shee just as good as an r at about anything

trx400ex
02-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
banshee's are so fun to ride. About the 250r's though my dad wanted to get one but I think we are gonna go with a used 400ex instead so the parts are interchangeable and because we don't want the maintance and we already know everything about it.

Yeah, get a 400ex, my dad was going to get a 400 then at the last minute got a shee. After a year the newness wears off and you wish you had 2 of the same quads fo extra parts and if you have a spare chain you dont need 2 diffrent lengths etc. the list goes on forever.

As for the question, i would get a banshee so you can run around your friends's Rs all day long.

250rmike
02-02-2003, 12:54 PM
na a r could run around a shee but a shee can run past a r. also what are you going to be using the bike for?

trx400ex
02-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Well it depends on the rider, i dont want to argue, but ive rode my friends Rs and i honestly did not like the handling. It didnt feel as solid as a shee. And yes ive ridden a few different Rs and a couple banshees.

pharm
02-02-2003, 04:46 PM
yea i think im going to get the Banshee because i want somthing fast and i do alot of road riding but i also here that the radiator is to small and they over heat. so to make it better then the R i need suspension and a bigger radiator.

Ralph
02-02-2003, 04:55 PM
buy mine, i will pm u a modlist

lil400exman
02-02-2003, 06:20 PM
man thats just dumb................you need power and handling!as for the imbicile you said honda quit makin them cause bah blah.........well the 250r opened the door for you shee riders. a 250r is perfect banshees are just to heavy for a smaller guy 5'7 and under i bet you are ,unless your 200lbs have fun tryin to steer the shee man cause they weigh so much.250rs handle so good they do feel weird too! whoever made that comment that said, i thouhgt man this 250 handles weird, well i noticed the same thing until i realized man its light........ and man it handles so good..........and banshees do have lightswitch power like they say............;) but do whatever you want people that have shees want r's so theryre saying this to feel better................lol sorry tants i corrected it i just got heated up at the imbiciles here who say how good a quad is by its top speed imbiciles!:eek: :grr

tants
02-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
man thats just dumb................you need power and handling and as for the imbicile you said honda quit makin them cause b;ah blah.........well the 250r opened the door for you see riders and a 250r is perfect banshees are just to heavy for a smaller guy 5'7 under i bet you are unless your under 200lbs have fun tryin to steer the shee man cause they weigh so much..........250rs handle so good they do fell weird to whoever made that comment too i thouhgt man this 25o handles weird then i realized man its light........ and man it handles so good..........and banshees do have lightswitch power like they say............;) but do whatever you want people that have shees want r's so theryre saying this to feel better................lol

huh? :huh

prooooooooooooof reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead

pharm
02-02-2003, 08:12 PM
well im going to have my ex till the end of winter middle spring i think so if any of you still have your quads for sale by then ill talk about buying it thanks though.

02-02-2003, 08:17 PM
250R............,250R.......:D

Ralph
02-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by pharm
well im going to have my ex till the end of winter middle spring i think so if any of you still have your quads for sale by then ill talk about buying it thanks though.

u ready to buy by the end of februrary? the one im building will be done around then.... and i need the money by the end of februrary

pharm
02-02-2003, 08:25 PM
No im not really sure because im puting it up for sale basicly when the snow is all gone so i dont really know when ill be looking for a quad and i dont know how long it will take to get money for it. but im intereasted in your Bashee

400exrules
02-02-2003, 08:27 PM
R R R R R R

pharm
02-02-2003, 08:30 PM
their is still some bad things i here about shee's like thier front heavy also is this true because i dont want to nose dive when i jump. i dont really hear to many bad things about the R eatheir except their old and may need a little work

02-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
R R R R R R :D

lil400exman
02-03-2003, 09:39 AM
ok, honestly with you moving from a 300ex to a 250r or banshee either one you get will be more than enough.For this season at least there will be no place you can get either of those quads o do what they really can do.You just need to realize its not the quad its the rider pharm.also i dont think a you will be disappointed with a 250r and abour breaking aown alot the bs mine i ride alot and i only foul plugs cause its so cold....... but with any quad just wactch do good maintain it well keep her clean and you will do fine.........

250rmike
02-03-2003, 12:56 PM
thats not true i went from a blaster to a r and i was fine. it took me alittle while to get used to the handleing and the chassis but after that i havent ridden anything like it. i have only tapped it out 1 time and that was through a farm in southern maryland oh and down my friends rode and let me tell u it was fast. might not be the fastest but was fast enough for what im using it for. i rarely get the bike out of 3rd or 4th gear 4 is on long straights down trails or at the tracks

lil400exman
02-03-2003, 01:16 PM
see mike that what i am trying to say is that he wont be able to open a shee or r up to its full potential so i think just get either one cause there both as fast as h*ll man...............

Glow Plug
02-03-2003, 01:43 PM
i would go for the r but i would also go with the shee because of prices of parts and the twin

02-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
R R R R R R
:blah :blah :blah