PDA

View Full Version : New cam help

TRX_450
06-11-2010, 10:53 AM
So I've got a 12.5:1 JE 440 kit and I also put in a HC stg 2 cam. Its been a good setup for the 2 years its been that way, but I've got SO MUCH top end noise and I'm finally getting tired of it. I've narrowed it down to the cam, because I recently upgraded to the CRF timing chain and It had no effect on the noise. I've thought about buying a new stock head thinking it may have been valve noise, but I really dont think thats the case anymore. The HC is just plain noisy and the power doesn't seem that usable to me....its all top end and I dont drag. So I'm opening up to suggestions on a new cam to replace this thing.

honda400ex2003
06-11-2010, 12:25 PM
stage 1 is quieter imo than than the 2. the sparks x1 is supposed to be pretty quiet from what thumpin said not too long ago and is a good medium between the 1 and 2. if you are looking for all out low end with the 12.5:1 then the stage 1 would be great otherwise i would say that it is a bit to mild for that kind of compression. maybe a good xr cam would be better or an hrc cam would be good for you. steve