View Full Version : 250ex throttle

g0bbla
06-10-2010, 06:43 PM
will 250ex thumb throttle fit on 08 450 so i can bypass the throttle over ride

Scro
06-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Alot of people use either a 400ex or 04/05 throttle housing to bypass it. They have a better leverage pull than the newer ones as well.

g0bbla
06-10-2010, 07:34 PM
i might just use my 08 one and take the sensor out i really dont need it do i ?

Scro
06-10-2010, 07:39 PM
As long as you splice the wires together, you don't need the sensor. You have a PM.

kono993
06-10-2010, 08:10 PM
how does it help not havin it?

HondaRaceReady
06-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Are you guys talking about the safety system that cuts off the ignition if the throttle is closed but the carb slide is open. Im having problems with my bike shutting itself off on deceleration and im positive this is the cause. You say if I splice the wires together, this wont happen anymore and will the TPS still work for ignition advance?

Scro
06-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by kono993
how does it help not havin it?

It doesn't really "help" anything, it just allows you to run a different housing that doesn't have the sensor.

Originally posted by HondaRaceReady
Are you guys talking about the safety system that cuts off the ignition if the throttle is closed but the carb slide is open. Im having problems with my bike shutting itself off on deceleration and im positive this is the cause. You say if I splice the wires together, this wont happen anymore and will the TPS still work for ignition advance?

The TPS will still work fine, but I'm not sure if that is your problem or not.

DnB_racing
06-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by HondaRaceReady

the safety circuit and TPS aren't tied together you can remove every safety switch you have as long as its jumped properly.this includes clutch and neutral safety, Im with Scro I think its a different problem possibly to rich on the fuel screw