PDA

View Full Version : wiseco crank

hartwill
06-10-2010, 05:49 PM
sorry guys I feel like I am over posting on here. but here's my problem I put a long rod wiseco crank in my 86 and it seemed to shake alot. recently I cracked my case so I figured I would fix that while replacing the case. when I put it in originally about 3 rides ago I lined up what I thought was the mark which was obviously not. and there is no definite mark that I can find. anyone have this same problem. or know where the mark is? I also trashed my stock crank so any help is well appreciated. thanks.

hartwill
06-10-2010, 08:35 PM
wow after looking into this I am wondering if any one has anything good to say about these cranks? help me out I have very bad luck so I don't want to put a ticking timebomb back in. thanks for your help..

atv fan 28
06-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Here is mine after a few tanks of fuel.:mad:

fearlessfred
06-10-2010, 08:48 PM
wow .what failed to cause that wayne

hartwill
06-10-2010, 08:53 PM
that's my question too looks like something hit it. doesn't look like it got hot or anything.. also were you running a big bore piston??

atv fan 28
06-10-2010, 08:54 PM
The tin just flew apart.:grr: Wiseco cranks are known for that. Here is a thread with some pictures of mine and other members Wiseco cranks.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=428775&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

atv fan 28
06-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by hartwill
that's my question too looks like something hit it. doesn't look like it got hot or anything.. also were you running a big bore piston?? I was on the stock cylinders last bore. 69.5mm

hartwill
06-10-2010, 09:04 PM
man this sucks.. this crank has maybe four hours on it an I scrapped my original.

fearlessfred
06-10-2010, 09:29 PM
does weisco offer any reason or warrenty or anyhing, i never ran there pistons unless i had to in a big bore.

atv fan 28
06-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
does weisco offer any reason or warrenty or anyhing, i never ran there pistons unless i had to in a big bore. I really dont know.:confused: My buddy said he checked into it and said they would replace whatever was damaged, crank,cylinder,head,piston,etc. I found that somewhat hard to believe, so i never really bothered checking into it.

atvmxr
06-10-2010, 10:42 PM
well ok then nancy's... LOL

JK!!

I must have the only good crank wiseco ever made or something... seen alot of negative post from others - but personally I put a wiseco crank in my TRX in 2007 and its held up just fine....

instead of a dot on the crank, there was a scratched in line. i lined that up with the dots on the crank and balancer - no problems...

GOOD LUCK!!

fearlessfred
06-10-2010, 11:41 PM
nancy ? i have u know i go by alice

rablack21
06-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Well, I am a little concerned here. I am about to buy a wiseco crank kit to rebuild my engine with. So have these occurrences been just with big bore kits or stock bore 250r's as well. They make such good pistons, I don't understand why their cranks would suck.

Ruf Racing
06-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by rablack21
Well, I am a little concerned here. I am about to buy a wiseco crank kit to rebuild my engine with. So have these occurrences been just with big bore kits or stock bore 250r's as well. They make such good pistons, I don't understand why their cranks would suck.

Don't do it! Send your crank to Vince at http://www.mrcrankshaft.com/crankshafts.html

The best dude to deal with.

SilverLake250R
06-11-2010, 07:57 AM
I posted in the other thread too, but mine blew apart the same way as the picture, stock cylinder, 3rd overbore. Lasted maybe 20 hours. Bad part is it cracked the bottom of the cylinder sleeve off too. I was going to get my stock crank rebuilt, but it was the 4th of July last year and I wanted to ride, so I just threw a Hot Rods in, good luck so far.

Fear250r
06-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Ruf Racing
Don't do it!

X2!! I had my stocker rebuilt and no problems, unlike that damn wiseco........:mad:

hartwill
06-11-2010, 09:41 AM
did your motors seem to vibrate a lot with the wiseco cranks as well??

Fear250r
06-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Not at first, but the day it went, I knew something was up, it just felt off, then it locked up later on that day.

86 Quad R
06-12-2010, 09:16 PM
the tins on the crank are whats letting loose. for some reason they will not hold up as the OEM's will. if one must run the crank its advisable to remove the tins and have retrued. otherwise i think they are fine. me personally, id rather have the oem rebuilt.

when you timed the rotating assembly how did you go about doing it? typically i have the crank at tdc and time the counter balancer 180^ of the crank, making sure it and the crank are parellel and completely opposite of each other.

i would doucheck all of this and possibly inspect the crank if possible. best be safe than sorry. :cool:

hartwill
06-12-2010, 09:28 PM
i talked to the guy at esr and he told my to put the crank at tdc and make the counter ballancer flat across the top. he said that he sells these cranks all the time and has never had any problem with them. he said that maybe the tins were a problem some time ago but have since been fixed. i sure hope he is right on all of this.

86 Quad R
06-12-2010, 09:40 PM
maybe they have resolved the issues. i dunno but, thats not a crap shoot im willing to take. if the timing checks out and you still have vibrations, id look into further inspecting the crank. i'd also inspect the counter shaft bearings too. :cool:

hartwill
06-12-2010, 09:42 PM
yea i tried for two days to get a hold of wiseco i bet you i have been on hold with them for a ttotal of 4 hrs. and left 5-6 messages with no responce from customer service. i did however get right through with someone in their sales dept. go figure they dont want their crap back lol. but esr was more than helpful and i didnt even buy the crank from them. i do use their other products though. so all in all if this crank is trash and wiseco doesnt stand behind their product im only about 45 min away from putting it back in their show room if you get my drift. sorry just had to vent a little.. oh and if any one else wants theirs back in their facility let me know.lol