PDA

View Full Version : carb question

hartwill
06-10-2010, 03:25 PM
ok I have a 86 motor with long rod crank on its third over stock bore. I bought a carb from a guy that seems a little different than I have seen before. on the side it says sudco racing and other side says for motorcycle race use only. it seems to be too rich for my bike black plug after a day of riding trails mostly low to mid rpm. and also bogs a little at first when you punch it. a guy told me to raise the clip on the slide one notch but I don't see any clip. any help on where this is? or other netting tips.

HAYESTRX250R
06-10-2010, 11:20 PM
1st you need to figure out exactly what brand and type of carb, ie model #

2nd remove the bowl drain plug or bowl itself so you can remove the main and pilot jets. Remove the top and count where the needle is set.

3rd post up that much info at least so someone can chime in to help

4th I wouldn't worry about the subco badging (yet) since they put that on most carbs they sell.

hartwill
06-11-2010, 01:55 AM
sorry dont know what i was thinking gave you all the motor info and nothing on the carb. it is a kehein model pj67ra2sin jets say 138rd and other says 34 and there is 1 notch showing on the needle from the bottom of the slide.. is this just a stock carb?

Ruf Racing
06-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by hartwill
sorry dont know what i was thinking gave you all the motor info and nothing on the carb. it is a kehein model pj67ra2sin jets say 138rd and other says 34 and there is 1 notch showing on the needle from the bottom of the slide.. is this just a stock carb?

I do believe that is the PJ 34mm stock carb. Someone else will verify.