PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have these air scoops?

JWS_honda7
06-10-2010, 02:01 PM
i was wondering if anyone has these scoops and if you have had problems with them?
also if they bolt right up w/o removing the fender brace.
Thank you
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350361782618&_trksid=p2759.l1259

if link don't work go to ebay and type in air 400ex and there on the 2nd or 3rd page. only ones with stickers.

honda400ex2003
06-10-2010, 05:49 PM
I have that set on my machine. they have been really good until a recent trip with only my 400 on my trailer. I took the stock braces out of it a while back but didnt think about going down the road at 80 mph behind the truck. lol. I had a nut come loose on the fender mount which was my fault in the first place so it started to move around a bit. I ziptied it all back up and nursed it for a while but eventually the one started to crack and flop around. i know it is not fully the scoops fault but they could have been stiffer to help prevent buckling or moving of the fenders without the stock brackets in place. they are great scoops though anyway and move some major air across the machine. now that i know they are on ebay again i may have to pick up another pair. I also like the ones that have the cut outs in them so i may end up getting a pair of those instead. steve

JWS_honda7
06-10-2010, 07:49 PM
which one are those do you have the url so i can check em out?

honda400ex2003
06-10-2010, 07:52 PM
after looking a bit ago, i found that they are not on there at the moment. they had cut outs like fox and such in them already and were coated different colors. sorry bout that. if i come across them in the next couple of days again i will let you know. steve

Pt's400ex
06-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I have a pair of air scoops that are the same style and I did not need the bottom fender brace. Wich worked out good because the guy before me rigged up a replacement brace that looked hideous. Jim

dalejiw25
06-11-2010, 04:24 AM
If you cut the positioning tab off of the lower fender brace on the bike side it will work. Seems like the shrouds would be awfully flimsy without them. JMO.