PDA

View Full Version : What an idiot!!!!

aDviSol2y
06-10-2010, 01:20 PM
So you are blessed with a lot of talent, you use that talent to get yourself a free college eductaion and a chance to maybe even play at the next level. And this is what you do?

http://www.kptv.com/sports/23847097/detail.html

What an idiot!

trx310R#24
06-10-2010, 01:39 PM
thats stupid.... its just weed... lol

aDviSol2y
06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24

This comes after he plead guilty to stealing Lab tops from a frat house!

slightlybent47
06-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
This comes after he plead guilty to stealing Lab tops from a frat house!

whats a lab top?

J.Brown121
06-10-2010, 02:49 PM
The dude never claimed to be a genius, just a good football player lol.

aDviSol2y, what do you think about OU, OSU, Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech all possibly joining the PAC 10 with Colorado?

86 Quad R
06-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24

no that comment is.... :cool:

toby400ex
06-10-2010, 04:10 PM
If not for that suspended license and not stopping before leaving the gas station he would have been fine. Stupid little things can ruin so much.

aDviSol2y
06-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by J.Brown121
The dude never claimed to be a genius, just a good football player lol.

aDviSol2y, what do you think about OU, OSU, Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech all possibly joining the PAC 10 with Colorado?

It's going to be very interesting. Ratings and exposure will increase. Competition will increase. These are all good things. I think change usaully makes people dislike situations like this. It will be diferent for sure. As for what I personally think, I don't know yet. I have to sleep on it. It's pretty fresh still.

rbgnwa45
06-10-2010, 06:37 PM
School doesn't = life and they should be kept seperate. A suspended licence and weed is none of their business. When you're pro that's a different story - you're being paid to stay in peak physical condition, there are drug tests anyways. Weed can reduce college stress and they wonder why? Give me a break. It's less harmfull than getting drunk - they should be thanking him.

toby400ex
06-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
School doesn't = life and they should be kept seperate. A suspended licence and weed is none of their business. When you're pro that's a different story - you're being paid to stay in peak physical condition, there are drug tests anyways. Weed can reduce college stress and they wonder why? Give me a break. It's less harmfull than getting drunk - they should be thanking him. It just looks bad for the school and the team with this kind of thing being in the news. But perhaps it wouldn't be in the news if he wasn't getting in trouble for it. I agree that alcohol or tobacco even would have been worse for him to be doing, but more than likely he is involved in all of that and weed. How would a college basketball player live it up and party without all of the above anyway?:blah:

J.Brown121
06-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
When you're pro that's a different story - you're being paid to stay in peak physical condition

Just because he isn't a pro doesn't mean he isn't getting paid by the school in some way. The University of Oregon is paying for his education in exchange for him being a athlete for their football team, which gives them the right to know if he is being an idiot.

And I'm pretty stoked about the PAC 16 (or whatever it will be called) forming! I'm a big OU and this mega confrence thing sounds pretty sweet. Plus, OU playing those teams in California opens up Cali for recruiting :devil:

witech
06-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Looks like he will fit right in with the pro's.

sexysilverado45
06-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Being a ksu fan. This is not good. I think it is wrong for Nebraska to leave because they suck and can't win the big 12 and Texas is being greedy and thinking their poo don't stink so they should move to the pack 10. I don't think ou or osu will go why move to the pack 10 to have tx kick their ***** in that league.

I.say f neb. And col. Let em go and pick up byu boisie state, notre dame, tcu, and the other mountain west teams and have 2 7 team leagues.

All in all its politics and money and that's not the way college sports should operate. It a shame

Just my thoughts on this situation.

J.Brown121
06-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
Being a ksu fan. This is not good. I think it is wrong for Nebraska to leave because they suck and can't win the big 12 and Texas is being greedy and thinking their poo don't stink so they should move to the pack 10. I don't think ou or osu will go why move to the pack 10 to have tx kick their ***** in that league.

I.say f neb. And col. Let em go and pick up byu boisie state, notre dame, tcu, and the other mountain west teams and have 2 7 team leagues.

All in all its politics and money and that's not the way college sports should operate. It a shame

Just my thoughts on this situation.

First off, the Big 12 has a snowballs chance in hell of getting Notre Dame lmao. ND would actually make less money by joining the Big 12 and losing their network lol.

It has nothing to do with politics lol. It's all about $$MONEY$$. Why would any of the schools that are leaving actually stay? OU is going to be making roughly $10 million more per year in the PAC 16 then what they could make in the Big 12. And getting all of those schools from the Mountain West Confrence would be a huge downgrade. I'll let KSU, ISU, Baylor, and whoever else noone else wants just go join Confrence USA or the Mountain West, and OU can make more money to improve their athletic programs.

And if Nebraska "sucks" then what does that classify KSU as? :p

woodsman250r
06-14-2010, 01:55 PM
So you are blessed with a lot of talent, you use that talent to get yourself a free college eductaion and a chance to maybe even play at the next level. And this is what you do?

http://www.kptv.com/sports/23847097/detail.html

What an idiot!

Hahahaha all man thats great, if they aren't punching players from the other team after the game, they are stealing and smoking weed. Some players are just idiots, plain and simple. Oregon should just start recruiting from state pens and county jails. I just remember hearing all year last year about the speed of Mosoli, just had no idea it was from running from the cops while high with a lapton in hand. I'm just glad he got that beat down from Ohio State before he started smoking the ganja and stealing laptops.

TRX_450
06-14-2010, 03:50 PM
First off, the Big 12 has a snowballs chance in hell of getting Notre Dame lmao. ND would actually make less money by joining the Big 12 and losing their network lol.

It has nothing to do with politics lol. It's all about $$MONEY$$. Why would any of the schools that are leaving actually stay? OU is going to be making roughly $10 million more per year in the PAC 16 then what they could make in the Big 12. And getting all of those schools from the Mountain West Confrence would be a huge downgrade. I'll let KSU, ISU, Baylor, and whoever else noone else wants just go join Confrence USA or the Mountain West, and OU can make more money to improve their athletic programs.

And if Nebraska "sucks" then what does that classify KSU as? :p

Money isn't going to make OU's athletic program any better.

J.Brown121
06-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by TRX_450
Money isn't going to make OU's athletic program any better.

It actually will. The better the facilities are, the better it looks to recruits, which will bring in more 5 star players. And the better training equiptment they have, the more in shape the athletes will be.

Why do you think the schools with the most money have the best programs? Texas is loaded and they are good at everything. OU makes the second most money in the Big 12 and they are head and shoulders above everyone also, while still not on Texas' level but far from everyone else. And Kansas makes the 3rd most money and they own the confrence in b-ball for the most part.

As much as people don't want to admit it, money=success in college athletics.

aDviSol2y
06-15-2010, 08:44 AM
It actually will. The better the facilities are, the better it looks to recruits, which will bring in more 5 star players. And the better training equiptment they have, the more in shape the athletes will be.

Why do you think the schools with the most money have the best programs? Texas is loaded and they are good at everything. OU makes the second most money in the Big 12 and they are head and shoulders above everyone also, while still not on Texas' level but far from everyone else. And Kansas makes the 3rd most money and they own the confrence in b-ball for the most part.

As much as people don't want to admit it, money=success in college athletics.

Plus, how do you think Oregon gets good recruits? They have nicer facilities than most NFL teams. They do this because Phil Knight (CEO of Nike) is an Oregon Alumn and gives bank to the university. He's building them a brand new basketball stadium now. You should see their facilities, it's sickens me.

aDviSol2y
06-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Texas and OU rejected the invite to the Pac-10. News conference scheduled for today to address the matter.

J.Brown121
06-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Texas and OU rejected the invite to the Pac-10. News conference scheduled for today to address the matter.

I just heard this morning:( Maybe when Dan Beebee's plan fails we will move to the PAC-10:ermm: