PDA

View Full Version : what should i do?

IRISH-RACER-14
06-10-2010, 10:17 AM
ok so i purchased fenders from gdhracing last thursday. the guy was to race cut them and ship them as fast as he could. i needed those fenders in new york tommorow the 11th to be put into a container that was leaving for ireland. the guy at gdh told me today the he shipped the fenders yesterday. theirs no way ill have them in time for the container. i will now have to pay some crazy *** price to ship them to ireland instead of the container thats leaving tommorow. what should i do? gdh told me i would have them way before tommorow and now im stuck with fenders in new york and im in ireland and no money to ship them home. the container was being sent by a fello irish person moving back to ireland. it wouldnt have cost me anything to put them in the container? anybody have any ideas on what to do now?

JAKE YATES
06-10-2010, 10:30 AM
i know the man who ownes GDH and he is a really good person
im sure he would be happy to give a refund if needed.

yellowzo3
06-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Did you SPECIFICALLY say that you needed them by a certain date, and did he 100% agree to having them delivered by that date?

IRISH-RACER-14
06-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Did you SPECIFICALLY say that you needed them by a certain date, and did he 100% agree to having them delivered by that date?

yes he sure did. im going to ask him to pay to ship them to ireland because he said i would have them way before tommorow and now im screwed. oh i dont want a refund. ive been waiting for ages to afford these

fastredrider44
06-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Be careful running down peoples names. Mistakes happen, chill out.

Also, how long have you known this container would be leaving and when did you order the fenders? I don't see the point in waiting til the last second so that you can pass the blame off on someone else. Procrastination on your part shouldn't justify an emergency on his part.

IRISH-RACER-14
06-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44

im sure u would be mad 2..my problem is that im down like 150 bucks for shipping to ireland. i will buy from him again but i think he should pay for the shipping to ireland cause its his mistake

Ichoptop
06-10-2010, 11:04 AM
instead of posting it here and raising yet another post of bash why not just call GDH and talk to them?

IRISH-RACER-14
06-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
instead of posting it here and raising yet another post of bash why not just call GDH and talk to them?

the have never answered my calls. my only way of contacting him is throught ebay messaging. my emails wont deliver to him when i try emailing

yellowzo3
06-10-2010, 12:56 PM

Also, how long have you known this container would be leaving and when did you order the fenders? I don't see the point in waiting til the last second so that you can pass the blame off on someone else. Procrastination on your part shouldn't justify an emergency on his part.

I don't think he waited until the last minute. Around a month ago he made a thread asking about all this, trying to find someone to cut his fenders for him and all that. He definitely didn't decide 2 days ago that he wanted to do this.

But even if GDH was pressed for time he still agreed to have the fenders to him by a certain date. Don't agree to do something if you can't keep your word. Doesn't matter if he had a day or a year, he agreed to get him his parts by a certain date, and didn't come through.

Hopefully GDH is a nice guy and helps Irish out as I'm sure its tough to get things for quads that far away :(

Irish, maybe he's busy or at work and can't answer your calls during the day. Give him a chance to check in with you and all that jazz and you guys can go from there. Who knows, maybe he shipped them overnight so they'll make it to you in time. :p

As for everyone else, I don't think he's bashing GDH. I think we'd all be a little upset if we planned all of this out and the parts didn't show. It's not like he just doesn't have plastic for a race this weekend. He now has to make sure someone is there to receive the plastic when it comes, and then somehow get it all boxed up so it'll withstand a trip across the globe. Not to mention it'll probably cost like $175+ to actually ship everything to him in Ireland.

Baracudaaa
06-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Sucks, but welcome to the world of ATV aftermarket parts. For some reason, small shops always send out their parts 3 days after they claim they will!!!!!!

fastredrider44
06-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
I don't think he waited until the last minute. Around a month ago he made a thread asking about all this, trying to find someone to cut his fenders for him and all that. He definitely didn't decide 2 days ago that he wanted to do this.

I've got PMs from him over a month ago asking about GDH and what not. He coulda ordered them then. Jus sayin.:o

IRISH-RACER-14
06-10-2010, 02:00 PM
I've got PMs from him over a month ago asking about GDH and what not. He coulda ordered them then. Jus sayin.:o

i have proof of payment. i clicked buy it now on 2 fenders and a mount kit on wednesday and paid thursday.

fastredrider44
06-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Thats one week to race cut fenders, package them, and get them shipped to NY. That's not a whole lot of time to get things going. If you knew you needed them you could have ordered them sooner.

IRISH-RACER-14
06-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Thats one week to race cut fenders, package them, and get them shipped to NY. That's not a whole lot of time to get things going. If you knew you needed them you could have ordered them sooner.
he told me he could get it all done. it doesnt take a week to ship them.

DnB_racing
06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
you have to be carfull when buying fenders or any high shipping price item from ebay. the seller wont pay for return shipping, and sometimes thats as much as fenders. the sellers knows that you will live with what you get insted of paying an other $75 or more to ship back.even if it says that item is pictured, you have to make sure that you get the one pictured and tell them up front that before you bid that you want the one in pic or they will pay for return shipping and if they refuse dont bid on his items.

exman
06-10-2010, 02:34 PM
LETS MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL THE FACTS OUT FIRST

1. BUYER ASKED IF I COULD RACE CUT FENDERS AND SHIP TO NEW YORK BY THE 15TH FOR HE HAD A RACE

"REPLIED NO PROBLEM EASILY DONE"

2. BUYER OPURCHASED OVER THE WEEKEND, SENT PICTURES FRDAY NITE OF HOW HE WANTED THEM CUT.

'REPLIED TO BUYER NO PROBLEM WE CAN CUT THEM LIKE THAQT AT NO CHARGE, AND HELP SAVE ON SHIPPING"

PULLED FENDERS, CHECKED INVOICE, SHIPPING ADDRESS NY.
REMOUNTED FENDERS ON MONDAY NITE, CUT ON TUESDAY, SANDED AND RECLEANED, BOXED FOR SHIPPING, FENDERS SHIPPED WEDNESDAY THE 9TH OF JUNE, ITEM DUE IN ny ON MONDAY THE 14TH, DUE TO WEEKEND,

AFTER WE SEND TRACKING INFO AND SHIPMENT WE GET AN EMAIL FROM BUYER SAYING THAT THESE WERE NEEDED IN IRELAND BY THE 15TH,,AND HAD TO MAKE IS UNCLES TRANSPORT OR CONTAINER ETC... WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW THAT THEY WERE GOING TO IRELAND,

NO WAY WE CAN NO THIS WHEN THE SHIP ADDRESS ON PAYPAL IS NEW YORK.

AT 42.00 DOLLARS SHIPPING THAT GETS IT TO NEW YORK, WE COULD HAVE NEVER EVEN ATTEMPTED TO GUARENTEE ANY SHIPMENT 10 DAYS OUT TO ANYWHERE OVERSEAS.

SO LETS MAKE SURE THE POSTER GETS ALL THE FACTS OUT FIRST PLEASE.

oH AND THE FENDERS CAME OUT REALLY NICE CUT ON THEM TOO, LOOK SHARP

yellowzo3
06-10-2010, 02:37 PM

It takes an hour to cut fenders. 2 hours max. It takes 45 minutes max to package something.

If the guy is selling fenders then he should have the packing supplies and box ready. One week is plenty to ship something out.

But none of that even matters because the seller agreed to have everything to him by a certain date. Once again, don't promise to deliver something by a certain date if you cant keep your word.

yellowzo3
06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by exman
LETS MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL THE FACTS OUT FIRST

1. BUYER ASKED IF I COULD RACE CUT FENDERS AND SHIP TO NEW YORK BY THE 15TH FOR HE HAD A RACE

"REPLIED NO PROBLEM EASILY DONE"

2. BUYER OPURCHASED OVER THE WEEKEND, SENT PICTURES FRDAY NITE OF HOW HE WANTED THEM CUT.

'REPLIED TO BUYER NO PROBLEM WE CAN CUT THEM LIKE THAQT AT NO CHARGE, AND HELP SAVE ON SHIPPING"

PULLED FENDERS, CHECKED INVOICE, SHIPPING ADDRESS NY.
REMOUNTED FENDERS ON MONDAY NITE, CUT ON TUESDAY, SANDED AND RECLEANED, BOXED FOR SHIPPING, FENDERS SHIPPED WEDNESDAY THE 9TH OF JUNE, ITEM DUE IN ny ON MONDAY THE 14TH, DUE TO WEEKEND,

AFTER WE SEND TRACKING INFO AND SHIPMENT WE GET AN EMAIL FROM BUYER SAYING THAT THESE WERE NEEDED IN IRELAND BY THE 15TH,,AND HAD TO MAKE IS UNCLES TRANSPORT OR CONTAINER ETC... WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW THAT THEY WERE GOING TO IRELAND,

NO WAY WE CAN NO THIS WHEN THE SHIP ADDRESS ON PAYPAL IS NEW YORK.

AT 42.00 DOLLARS SHIPPING THAT GETS IT TO NEW YORK, WE COULD HAVE NEVER EVEN ATTEMPTED TO GUARENTEE ANY SHIPMENT 10 DAYS OUT TO ANYWHERE OVERSEAS.

SO LETS MAKE SURE THE POSTER GETS ALL THE FACTS OUT FIRST PLEASE.

oH AND THE FENDERS CAME OUT REALLY NICE CUT ON THEM TOO, LOOK SHARP

Well then it looks like Irishracer isn't telling the whole truth. It seems like there are parts left out of his story or just a misunderstanding between buyer and seller.

goldfish
06-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Holy caps lock man, turn it off.

IRISH-RACER-14
06-10-2010, 02:59 PM
ok now im going to start bashing

gdh didnt reply when i offered to pay for faster shipping,

gdh never answered his phone once

gdh replied to his ebay messages very little..

i dont know about anyone else but id expect gdh to pay to ship them to me in ireland.

im at loss here. i emailed,phoned, emailed over and over again.

i asked him would he have them for friday and he said he would try his best. that was monday when he said that. he said they had 2 be cut on monday. i paid for them on thursday. wdf was going on between thursday and monday.. here are my facts

been emailing him for months to get him to race cut/ combine shipping

when he finally replies, i clicked buy it now on wednesday,

paid thursday.

was told on monday that he didnt even cut them yet.

those fenders could have been sent on friday and i could have had them today.

what should i expect from all this

my fenders will now be stuck in new york for months.

im 15, a student, working part time. these fenders cost

IRISH-RACER-14
06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
and i never mentioned to gdh that i had a race.his story dont make sense. he said i sent the email last friday. i sent it last thursay june the 3rd after i paying for the fenders. does anybody need proof

fastredrider44
06-10-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm going to believe a 47 year old (sorry:blah: ) over a 15 year old bashing a company over the net. Wasn't able to cut them Friday because he was gone to a race. I'm sure everyone on here can relate to that. The 15th is not the same as the 11th. If you're going to bash him, why don't you post proof of what you are saying?

IRISH-RACER-14
06-10-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm going to believe a 47 year old (sorry:blah: ) over a 15 year old bashing a company over the net. Wasn't able to cut them Friday because he was gone to a race. I'm sure everyone on here can relate to that. The 15th is not the same as the 11th. If you're going to bash him, why don't you post proof of what you are saying?

ok what do u want? proof of payment?ebay messages? if he would have told me he couldnt cut them on friday then i would have understood its just those should have been sent asap seeing as i was in a hurry to get them

yellowzo3
06-10-2010, 05:11 PM
I guess proof would help but honestly I don't put anything past ANY company involved in this sport. So many small companies rip people off, give us the run around, and don't answer phones. I know a lot of you know what I'm talking about and its unfortunate.

However since there seems to be a misunderstanding or something between these two I'll stay neutral on this topic since I can't even figure out wtf is going on now. :p

I hope you guys get everything worked out though. Sales involving any kind of overseas shipping of timing can be tough :ermm:

IRISH-RACER-14
06-10-2010, 05:34 PM
its very simple. he should have sent them friday, the container is leaving saturday. now i have to pay for actual shipping to ireland.

fastredrider44
06-10-2010, 07:05 PM
:rolleyes:

DnB_racing
06-10-2010, 07:42 PM
the sellers forget that we are taking there word for condition of product, and when they will ship it out, then not to offer to pay to have it shipped back if its not what we wanted,or if it arrived to late to be used, for them to say stupid remarks like I offered to refund if you pay for shipping or we dont pay for you to look at it. if we could see the product we probably wouldn't but it and they know that and still ship it out. knowing that it will cost us more money to ship it back. From now on dont buy from sellers that dont refund 100%with shipping,that will keep the sellers honest if they know if they send you junk or after they promised to send, it will cost them for there mistakes!!!as it should

PhilMoore
06-11-2010, 10:23 AM
This does not seem to be a life altering situation.

Chill out. Get a refund if you aren't happy.

Besides, riding with cut fenders in a peat bog is no fun.

IRISH-RACER-14
06-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by PhilMoore
This does not seem to be a life altering situation.

Chill out. Get a refund if you aren't happy.

Besides, riding with cut fenders in a peat bog is no fun.

whats that supposed to mean. i race on a motocross track here in ireland..it aint no gncc

IRISH-RACER-14
06-18-2010, 02:49 PM
i and gdh got this all sorted:) will buy from him again. no harm done

fastredrider44
06-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Cool.:cool: Glad everything worked out.