PDA

View Full Version : cleaning kn filter

Viktor_trx400
06-10-2010, 03:55 AM
I am new with kn filter and i don´t now what i need to clean it. Kerosene? Water and degreaser?

thanks

danthrop
06-10-2010, 05:35 AM
they make a recharge kit that most auto parts store sell. it comes with the proper cleaner, and then the oil to recoat it. it sells for like 14 bucks around here and you get quite a few uses out of it. i dont know what else you could use to clean and oil it back down with other than than.

fearlessfred
06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
what ever u do dont dont use air preasure to clean or dry. i just use tide liquid laundry soap gently bathing in soap and water and rincing but not with preasure some may think im jacked up using tide but it works for me. air dry and u have to use the proper spray on oil

Viktor_trx400
06-11-2010, 04:40 AM
ok, and what do you think about uni foam prefilter for kn?

http://www.unifilter.com/online%20catalog/accessories/accessories6.html

fearlessfred
06-11-2010, 10:25 PM
uni is what i run on all my bikes but one ltr that i bought used and had the kn and the air box is modded and i cant use the uni without buying a new air box. when i clean the filter,and run my hand on the inside of the airboot it will allways have light film of dirt,i do believe there is a performance gain with the kn type filter , but for me its not worth the extra wear on the motor

Viktor_trx400
06-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
uni is what i run on all my bikes but one ltr that i bought used and had the kn and the air box is modded and i cant use the uni without buying a new air box. when i clean the filter,and run my hand on the inside of the airboot it will allways have light film of dirt,i do believe there is a performance gain with the kn type filter , but for me its not worth the extra wear on the motor

ok thanks

rooster300ex
06-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Pj1 foam/fabric filter cleaner makes it look new and ive used klotz fabric oil & k&n filter oil. laundry detergent works but not as well as mean green or a degreaser like awesome orange at the dollar tree. Oh yea always rinse from the inside out. Also if u clean and oil a k&n right u wont have a film of dust

Viktor_trx400
06-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
Pj1 foam/fabric filter cleaner makes it look new and ive used klotz fabric oil & k&n filter oil. laundry detergent works but not as well as mean green or a degreaser like awesome orange at the dollar tree. Oh yea always rinse from the inside out. Also if u clean and oil a k&n right u wont have a film of dust

Yesterday i bought a kn recharguer. Today i cleaned the filter and i think the kn degreaser is the same that a normal degreaser. Past weekend i race mx with my kn with prefilter and the intake boot haven´t a film of dust. thanks