PDA

View Full Version : Am I at a higher risk for having Cancer.. again?!

Brauap
06-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Hello. Some of my friends at school had said being I had already had cancer, that I was at a higher risk of getting it again if I chew.. which I don't or anything..:chinese:

I had cancer when I was 8 of the Kidney.. I had my kidney removed and I have been "cured" for 7 almost 8 years now.. and I was wondering.. being I had cancer of the kidney, am I at a higher risk of getting cancer, again, of the gum/cheek/lip?

ZeroLogic
06-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Chewing ups your chance of mouth cancer to 50 percent. Its greater or lesser depending on family history.

I know people who got cancer after 5 years of dipping and I know people 60+ years old who still dip with no cancer.

I've been doing it for about 5 or 6 years and all I gotta say is if you don't do it, then don't start. ;)

Quad18star
06-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Being that you've already had cancer , your risk is greater than most other people.
Seeing that you already beat the odds once , I wouldn't chance it and start or do something that is medically proven to cause cancer.

Brauap
06-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Damn... umm... crap.

Another rumor that I want to ask.. is it true that crew also has something (one way or another) to do with weightloss?

gncc025
06-09-2010, 01:51 PM
I wouldnt even think about smoking, chewing or using any type of tobacco if I were in your shoes. You have been blessed to survive cancer once. I think you owe it to the big man upstairs to stay clean of tobacco or any cancer causing substances.

tayyo789
06-09-2010, 02:00 PM
ya dude, literally nothing good comes out of any type of tobacco. There is no positive side

Regular_Joe
06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
I never realized until a neighbor got sick that smoking is really bad for the kidneys too. Apparently many smokers get kidney cancer. The kidneys are responsible for filtering all the crap from smoking out of the blood, and its not good.

chucked
06-09-2010, 02:38 PM
I believe the chemo makes you lose weight.

chucked
06-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't know if you've ever seen someone with cancer die, but it is one of the worst ways to go...

ricksmx865
06-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
all I gotta say is if you don't do it, then don't start. ;)

What he said!

derekhonda
06-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
Damn... umm... crap.

Another rumor that I want to ask.. is it true that crew also has something (one way or another) to do with weightloss?

Tobacco is naturally an appetite suppresent. So yes, although i think about 5 minute walk a day would have better effects on you.

You will also see a lot of wrestlers/mma guys anyone who has to cut weight do it because they are trying to lose any amount of weight before the next match, including even a little bit of spit.

I second the don't start idea.

06-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by chucked
I don't know if you've ever seen someone with cancer die, but it is one of the worst ways to go...

It truely is, cancer is just terrible. You beat the odds once and were given a chance, I wouldnt risk it.

Canadian144
06-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by tayyo789
ya dude, literally nothing good comes out of any type of tobacco. There is no positive side

+1 on that. Quite a few of my friends smoke and/or chew... I don't get it... or want to get it.

Brauap
06-10-2010, 01:50 PM
You guys are right.. I'm done. I had just bought a large pack of RedMan.. and gave it away in school today to a buddy.. I'm going to quit. Not worth it.. even though, I'm not going to lie.. I am reallly craving it right now.. ha:p

aDviSol2y
06-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Without tobacco, our country may not exist and the taxation on tobbaco provides a lot of money for this country. With that said, I still believe that no good comes from tobacco. All the bad things about it, negate the income it provides.
I smoked for years, its discusting. Plus I wasted a lot of money I could have spent on more important things. And to think, I started because I thought it was cool. :ermm:

Quit while you still can. Chewing is 10x harder to quit than smoking. And quiting smoking is next to impossible without help.

Guy400
06-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Brauap, you were given a priceless gift 8 years ago. I wouldn't do anything to risk a revisit of that awful disease.