PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see that Yami 125cc Mini?

Ride1Rob
06-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Damn good looking bike and Honda is gonna have to step their game up!

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/647/0/home.aspx

Ride1Rob
06-09-2010, 10:53 AM
another

dblacks
06-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Wonder what kind of power you can get out of that motor?

That would be great for a super mini class!

raptorobbie
06-09-2010, 11:30 AM
I could see one or two in our future!!

Is Yamaha going to produce it themselves or sub it out to another mfg? Anyone know?

Thanks!

airmobile101
06-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Its nice to see Yamaha step it up. I seen that posted on Facebook.

Coley'sdad#8
06-09-2010, 12:38 PM
I saw that a while back and I think it is going to force Honda to up the antie now rather than producing that same turd with 0.3 " of suspension travel:D the yammie 125 is a square 54x54 bore and stroke so it is going to be capable of making power in the upper rpm ranges but a stroker will definately wake it up, the weight of 299 is a little piggy but there's things to shave off of it like that HUGE rear section of the exhaust that looks like a 55 gallon drum under the fenders:cool:
and once again somebody builds a nice industry changing bike and puts EL CHEAPO shocks on it, I just don't get it:rolleyes: it's like hand restoring an old corvette stingray and having earl schieb paint it for 99.95 remember "i'll paint any car for ninny nine ninny nine"

Ride1Rob
06-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I was thinking it was alil heavy as well at 299pds. But I also think there's a good 10-20 pds that could be shaved. I agree with you 100% on the suspension and the narrow width of the bike as well. But producing the bike is a start. Good job Yamaha.

dblacks
06-09-2010, 01:27 PM
That is basically a Raptor 250 with a smaller motor so I am sure they are making it themselves.

hasbeenttduner
06-09-2010, 01:42 PM
It's nice to see retail on it in the low 3's.

nordic quad
06-09-2010, 02:08 PM
This may very well be Sondres new Racemachine for next year,he is finaly motivated to learn to ride a shifter quad.Looks like a great GNCC machine.
Stein A

gistmarrs
06-09-2010, 02:54 PM
This is going to put pressure on Pitster's ATV line. The Pitsters are quite a bit lighter but I imagine the Yami's will have tons of aftermarket support.

lilman
06-09-2010, 03:07 PM
too bad they dident have this 2yrs agoo!!!!!!!!!!
this will def put the pressure on the pitster,you know the yami will have huge aftermarket support, i wonder what honda will do?

marsrace2
06-09-2010, 04:51 PM
I heard that all the suspension parts were the same as the Raptor 250, if this is true you already have alot of aftermarket parts available.

quadinfamily
06-09-2010, 05:26 PM
sweet , maybe the other three will step up to the plate like yamaha has .. it would make a great gncc racer , you know it will not have many dnf .

Coley'sdad#8
06-10-2010, 05:15 AM
it's got a lllloooonnnnggg way to go to fill the shoes of the pitster but I am glad there is something decent on production for even just your recreational rider. Of course there will be plenty of bolt on's for it thats the nature of the business but out of the box the pitster is a sweet bike ready to race.

Ride1Rob
06-10-2010, 08:03 AM
The Pitster is definitely an awsome machine to say the least and almost 100pds lighter. Hopefully parents will continue to support Gary as he put forth his efforts in producing one of the best "Ready to race" mini on the market vs (2010 Apex). Uncork the motor and she's pretty much ready to go. I definitely see Honda now stepping up their game and I'm more than willing to bet Suzuki's will definitely have something in the works. Gonna be nice to see what they come out with in the next year or two. We may see a Kawi mini 10yrs from now lol. This is definitely a step in the right direction for the kids ;) .

miniquaddad90
06-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Got a perfect TRX90 with all of the goods....... BUT...... Talkin to my Yammi guy tonight! Just gotta convince the wife now! :eek2:

I could see suzuki coming next..... HONDA..... Give them another 3-5 years.....:huh

airmobile101
06-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Grrrrrrrr................. I WANT ONE!

greenmachine70
06-10-2010, 08:03 PM
299lbs takes it out of the mini class, imho. I mean its only a little lighter than a blaster or rappy 250.....
A 60-70lb. kid will have a tough time handling this much weight.
It seems as if it is a raptor 250 with a smaller motor.
Would like to hear a testimonial from an owner.
It looks good and Yammy is leading the way for the big 4, but they still have a lot to learn. At leat they chose some really good tires....

Coley'sdad#8
06-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Green, I am with you there is enough room in front of that motor to build a regulation Tennis Court:D
looks like a darn nice place to put an oil cooler;)

greenmachine70
06-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Coley'sdad#8
Green, I am with you there is enough room in front of that motor to build a regulation Tennis Court:D
looks like a darn nice place to put an oil cooler;)

Maybe they dont want the liability of building a real race quad and they left the room there to put a radiator and a crf150r motor or a yz80 motor.......

LT80
06-11-2010, 06:14 AM
You guys getting all excited about yet another lackluster Yamahahaha....LMAO :D :devil:
Is kaw and Yam even in the big 4 now?
With can-am and Polaris making a great charge in sales and machines, the big 4 thing could be different.

miniquaddad90
06-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Hummm I dont think the weight is all that out of line.....

Apex-240lbs
DRR-260lbs
TRX90-250lbs plus dual arms, plus 400ex brakes, front and rear, etc......

Get rid of the 20lb exhaust, where is it really at then? Plus the above weights are prob "dry" weights and we all know how "true" the dry weights are.

Sure it's def not a MX machine out of the box but it's a step in the right direction for us XC racers. Gone is the $1500-2500+ 125cc honda motor builds and the $1500-3000+ in suspension upgrades to be competetive.

The motor should respond very well to some minor upgrades to help pull the extra 20-25lbs.

And is Yamaha in the big 4 when it comes to minis.....????? There is no good minis in the "big 4", Honda is the only one that is buildable if your pocket book can afford it..... Raptor 90's can be decent, look at GT Thunders crew over the last 2 years. Can-am??? Kinda like the honda, if you can afford 2 you can build it but I havent seen a fast one yet...... Whats Polaris have to offer in the mini's??

So in the "jap" or "big 4" market this is a great step...... At least we know there will be parts available and support..... cough cough apex.........:blah:

hwf-racing
06-11-2010, 07:56 AM
My son has an 08' Raptor 250 with a few mods. We use it as his practice quad. His race quad is a Apex 100. The weight is not an issue he throws around the Raptor and rides it much better than the Apex. He's only 9yrs old and weighs 75lbs with gear. He will clear 40' tabletops at a local track and throw it sidways into the oncoming corner. And would not even try on his Apex. I ask him why? JUst looks at me and say's " I dont know:) " KIds are crazy. This is just my 2cents!!!! Derek

Ride1Rob
06-11-2010, 09:30 AM
If the weight is centralized, the bike handles good, and not too big for the rider there are no issues. How many 4-5yr olds are racing these 260 pd Drr's with no problem? Jams Typhoon stock is also around 260 pds. He's been riding it for 3yrs and has never had a problem because of the weight. It's actually beneficial to him because his front end barely ever leaves the ground. The Raptor will be no different. Look at the Pitster for example... It's only 215pds (from what they say). But even with a completely stock 125cc powerplant that's putting out only 7-8hp the front end stays in the air. You double that horsepower and the bike will be hell to steer. I don't see it being much of an issue with the 299 pds...

greenmachine70
06-11-2010, 10:37 AM
I dont know where you guys get your facts, but DRR lists weight at 232 in stock form with the steel wheels.
The steel wheels on the rear I know weigh over 6lbs each and the fronts even weigh more over 8lbs.
Installing aluminum wheels drops that to about 9lbs total for all 4.
I would like to know if anyone has weighed a racing drr.
This yammy already has aluminum rims so there is no drop there and if you really think that muffler weighs 20lbs....hmmm
I would dare to say our drr weighs close to 200lbs or less but it is air cooled too.
Just an observation from me, no need to cause any hype.
Time will tell if this quad is worthy. Dont forget you gotta add nerfs which will offset the weight of the muffler canister. Also
a-arms because 40" is too narrow for racing unless your happy with running in back.
I do agree that the gncc crowd has benefitted from this move if you can find some power in this quad.

Full Throttle00
06-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Weight is def an issue and having a low center of gravity is more important.
Options are always a great way to keep manufacturers on their toes with cutting edge products .

miniquaddad90
06-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I pulled the weight #'s right off of the Manuf. websites..... I was being sarcastic bout the muffler..... overall its not all that out of line and I know for a fact it could be quite powerfull seeing that it is SUPER easy to get 13-15hp from the 1960's design of the Honda and 15-20 is very obtainable if u got the green backs to go with it, combine that with 4 stroke reliability....... Mind you, our family races XC..... I'll take the thumper any day over ANY of the 2-smokes in woods...... $.02

We should all really know what it's really about here in a month or so.......

Ride1Rob
06-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Polaris 90 is 283pds dry and there are no issues racing it....

Coley'sdad#8
06-11-2010, 01:03 PM
gotta remember your going to take off some weight but your also going to add nerf's, lt swinger and a's (chromoly heavier than cheapo steel), shocks could be heavier or lighter depending on elka's or foxies, extended axle and on and on and on.

nordic quad
06-11-2010, 03:47 PM
I will take some extra weight for better relability any day.

Stein A

greenmachine70
06-11-2010, 03:50 PM
http://www.drrinc.com/drx2_90.html

Here is the spec page from DRR's site. It shows the weight of a stock DRX90 with steel wheels and the monster rear tires.
Take those off and go with aluminum wheels and I know it drops over 25lbs immediately.
It seems as if the 4stroke guys are on here trying to slam the 2strokes at every chance. Truth is, the 2strokes still dominate the min classes everywhere.
This new 125 already has some of the lightest tires on it and alum wheels. So it looks like the weight will have to be lost somewhere else, maybe an aluminum swinger and a-arms...LOL

FISH ON!
06-11-2010, 03:56 PM
It's gonna be tough to decide what to have my son ride in the 2011 GNCC season. Move out of the CVTs and go to a 4-stroker?? I like the thought of the Yami 125.....especially since we just bought the Raptor 250 for him to practice on and he loves it. Looks like the 125 is using the 250 frame/suspension so there is plenty of aftermarket stuff already out there. Can't wait to see what hp folks get out of the motor. I know folks will likely say the stock motor is a dog,,,,,,, the question will be can it be built to run with a mod'd 2-smoker at a reasonable cost?

nordic quad
06-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Ha Ha i know you are right,i just like the idea of a gas and go machine that still can perform 2 or 4 stroke.Fish on i am in the same boat as you,my kid is not alowed to race the Raptor 250 until 2012 season.

Stein A

Ride1Rob
06-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by greenmachine70
http://www.drrinc.com/drx2_90.html
It seems as if the 4stroke guys are on here trying to slam the 2strokes at every chance. Truth is, the 2strokes still dominate the min classes everywhere.

:huh Who's slamming 2 strokes and were'd you get that? Lost on that one... :huh . As far as the 2 strokes dominating mini classes everywhere what do you expect if 99% of the bikes being run are 2 strokes lol?

hwf-racing
06-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey, all of us with Apex's and Drr are we forgetting that we will be able to get rid of the CVT and these unrealible scooter engines!!!! Yeah it will be some time, but the mods will come and Honda, Suz, Kaw will not be far behind. I see more reliable mini quads in the future. Hey Rob, your little one is 2 so the future is bright and I can't wait too help you clean the holeshot area :D Derek

nordic quad
06-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Hey, all of us with Apex's and Drr are we forgetting that we will be able to get rid of the CVT and these unrealible scooter engines!!!!

X2

Ride1Rob
06-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Derek, you know how Steve is... picky, picky, picky lol. Now's he's trying to make it a 2stroke vs 4stroke thing :rolleyes: .

nordic quad
06-11-2010, 06:44 PM
The thing to remember is that Yamaha is calling this a SPORTSQUAD not a racequad.If it was to bee a full on racequad it would have a fourvalve design engine for starters but then you would move in to another price range.

Stein A

hwf-racing
06-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Rob, I cant wait till next season when Colby is on his Blaster Steve will have nothing to do. He wont have to tear down the clutch every race and rejet after temp changes. Steve will not know what to do with himself. I will have a camera ready to take pictures of him NOT WORKING on these mini's Derek

hwf-racing
06-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh yea, Wait till Rage gets a hold of these 125cc engines!!! Watch out :devil:

Ride1Rob
06-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by hwf-racing
Rob, I cant wait till next season when Colby is on his Blaster Steve will have nothing to do. He wont have to tear down the clutch every race and rejet after temp changes. Steve will not know what to do with himself. I will have a camera ready to take pictures of him NOT WORKING on these mini's Derek

You are right on point with that one lol. I used to feel like I should have been doing something because most of the other cvt parents were working. Guess their just high maintnance motors and they have to be done that way to stay as fast as they are. It does feel good to pull off the track, head to the trailer, and sit down and watch the rest work tho :p . I think I've worked on Jams bike twice this year... A rattling head pipe due to lost gasket a month ago and checked his valves this past race because of some rattle (timing chain alil loose). Not bad considering the hell he puts on that lil motor lol.

greenmachine70
06-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Derek, you know how Steve is... picky, picky, picky lol. Now's he's trying to make it a 2stroke vs 4stroke thing .

I love you guys too in a non f*g way.....LOL

I will still be working minis with the rest of my team because they have a few more seasons to go, but you are right, the cvt will be nice to stop dealing with, however, a-arms, swingers and suspension is much more expensive but its a one time deal except for the rebuilds.

airmobile101
06-12-2010, 01:51 AM
I think its gonna be a mean little XC quad. Money is tight trying to build this TRX90,but I will definately consider it at the end of the year.

Ride1Rob
06-12-2010, 02:43 AM
I'm not even considering it lol. Jams gonna ride that Typhoon til he moves up or the wheels fall off lol. Then my other son will be 4 and he's gonna ride it. Who am I kidding... :rolleyes: I definitely like the idea of a mini that'll be more durable. Then again, I'm just like Steve and the others I just do all the tinkering througout the week lol.

LT80
06-12-2010, 06:10 AM
Funny Chit right here.

You're going to support the weak frame as much or more than a mini.
You're going to spend alot on suspension components.
You're going to spend oodles to get that Yam motor up to mediocre HP.

All said and done, you still have a Yamahahaha that won't be any more dependable than you guys jog minis. Let's face it fellas, we race it~~ we break it.

I don't think Suz, Honds, and Kaw care about making a mid size shifter.
All the rest sat back and watched yam and their biggest mistake ever (the blaster). I think they'll sit back again.

Ok, I'll leave you guys alone now..:eek2: :devil:

marsrace2
06-12-2010, 09:48 AM
its gonna take alot more than this to make us give up our 2Fast Apex. It does look like a nice beginner trail quad though.

Arctic Cat Dad
06-12-2010, 03:46 PM
If the frame is anything like the 250 yammy then look out. The frame will break in no time .:D Go Honda!:devil:

hawaiianbasshed
06-12-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm curious to see how it does. but I don't think it'll be all that impressive. it will break like anything else...

I think the pitster is probably still a top contended for mid sized 4 stroke shifter... I'd LOVE to see someone give them serious competition but besides some trail riding I don't think this one will be it :(

nordic quad
06-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Just remember not everybody is running the nationals.Here is a picture series from todays race.Our lil race team had two racers out today on one Apex and one Access(DRR)but if you look at their competition i think the new Yammie would do just fine.Ps Sondre had a great day and won both motos on the white Access.

http://tommyhovet.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=23&page=63

Stein A

Ride1Rob
06-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Will the Pitster be easier to build... YES! Will it be more durable... NO! Trust me on that one! When I say more durable I'm not speaking in terms of the frame. Even the 450's have problems with frames breaking when MXed. But no way will that Raptor 125 motor have issues even close to the cvt's or our China thumper. I do agree that building one of those Raptor motors will more than likely cost an arm and a leg. If you can do everything inhouse you can save yourself some money but if not then it'll cost. To those that seem to think the bike won't hold up... The bike is basically the same as the Raptor 250 and they take a beating with the Blasters in Dade City and hold up fine!

LT80
06-13-2010, 07:21 AM
'The bike is basically the same as the Raptor 250 and they take a beating with the Blasters in Dade City and hold up fine!"

You a car dealer? I see your comparing lemons to lemons..LMAO!!

I'm going to buy one. Kids got the boat going. They need a anchor..
:devil:

hwf-racing
06-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by LT80
'The bike is basically the same as the Raptor 250 and they take a beating with the Blasters in Dade City and hold up fine!"

You a car dealer? I see your comparing lemons to lemons..LMAO!!

I'm going to buy one. Kids got the boat going. They need a anchor..
:devil: Hmm,let me see We run our Raptor 250, Pound the crap out of it come home wash,gas,oil,clean filter, ready to go. We race the Apex, come home..go through clutch,fix trans gears, put new top end about evey 4 races, look to see wear we cracked the frame this week,tighten slipper spocket, on and on and on!!!!!! Talking about and anchor, we had a Polaris, WoW what apeice of s**t. LT I'm a Honda guy too, but for the little guys Yamaha,Pitster are making huge strides in the FUTURE of mini-quads...Wheres Honda? Honda has not came out with a true "race quad" since the 250r!!!jmo Derek

greenmachine70
06-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Did someone say broken frames.......:mad:

hwf-racing
06-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Colby was launching over those doubles with no relief. Those doubles took a toll on a number on mini's last night!!!! How bad is the frame ? Derek

greenmachine70
06-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by hwf-racing
Colby was launching over those doubles with no relief. Those doubles took a toll on a number on mini's last night!!!! How bad is the frame ? Derek
bad, but I can tell you that the pics quadfather+2 put up have given me the blueprint to prevent it from now on. Thank goodness we have a month off.....
It also cracked between the rear motor mounts but the upper rail broke clean thru outside the gussets on left side

Tell Hunter he ran a great race and we were all pulling for him. He has came a long way and last night will make him want it even more and now he knows he can do it.

jay-r
06-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Looks like it has the TT-R 125 motor in it. There are lots of mods available for it.

Ryko racing
06-22-2010, 12:06 PM
where do the raptor frames break?

Ride1Rob
06-22-2010, 03:42 PM
They were talking about the Drr. They cracked the frame underneath the seat last race.

travis rimmer
06-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
If the frame is anything like the 250 yammy then look out. The frame will break in no time .:D Go Honda!:devil: this what he was asking about i would like to know to

Arctic Cat Dad
06-22-2010, 06:31 PM
I know 2 friends who built the rappy 250's for gncc's. They didn't last no time before the frames were totally gone. they had to buy new frames. They tried to cut weight and went with light weight tube to make the frames,Now if it were square tubing like the Honda it would be alot better and take the beating like the Honda will. GO HONDA!:devil:

hwf-racing
06-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Every frame has to be gusseted when mx Or xc'ing. Yes the Raptor frames do have issues. However, with the Texiteria(ms) gusset kit the frame does seem to hold up. Just check out Quadjunkies pics of his kid airing it out and also the head on collision. The frame took a beating in that collision and was totaled but no cracks

Ride1Rob
06-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Honda has had their share of frame issues on the their 450 as well :blah: . I can tell you a friend of mine 1st hand that found 7 cracks in his. He ended up going to a LoneStar frame.

sand45
06-23-2010, 06:03 AM
called my dealer they will be here in july sometime ......im going to get one .....:D

davetat2
06-27-2010, 03:27 PM
just a thought but all the suspension stuff a-arms etc you only need to buy once for the 125 then 250.
it my not be the quickest but to finish first first you have to finish old but true and in the uk xc we race for 1.5 hours so no refueling and they will basically be on the same bike till they go up to adults which is not a bad thing
and yams might not be perfect but you could always put your son on ltz250 at least there trying what have any of the others done in the last 10 years or so

mxdad423
06-28-2010, 06:53 PM
You know, I am probably going to sound like an A**hole here but I hear alot of people bashing the Raptor because of broken frames, apperantly these people are not very experienced with MX or XC racing. If you are racing I don't care what you have, Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, Suzuki, DRR, Apex, Kasea, ect ect, 70, 90, 250, 300, 400, 450, you are going to have frame problems, and if you don't then they are not getting rode hard, thats fact. I'm not saying that the Raptor frame couldn't of been a little beefier but you can't have light if you want strength, you can't have strength if you want light. Another thing the plays into it is your suspension, put a good suspension under any machine and that will make a big diffeance in you frame also. We built our Raptor over the winter, we went with the Fox Evol's on the front, the Fox podium on the rear, and JB A-arms and Swing arm, then we also installed the Teixeria gusset kit (Very nice kit by the way), it concentrates on all the weak points on the frame and everything fits right in place, plus the added motor mount. we have 8 or 9 races on it so far and have had no issues. And as far as one of the posts saying the Honda 300 don't have any frame issues, boy is that a line of Sh*t, the 300 is very know for cracking on both sides just in front of the foot pegs, and also up on the top rail towards the middle, I have seen many of the 300's break in those spots. I will say again, IF YOUR RACING IT AND YOU ARE RIDING IT IT's GOING TO BREAK. I would always tell Brandon when he broke something, don't worry buddy, if your breaking it I know your riding it.......:D :D :D.
Ok sorry I just had to express my opinon, LOL....
:D :D

Kevin Smitley

travis rimmer
06-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Very good points mxdad most people on here would not know that the 06-09 yamaha yz 450 dirtbikes have frame issues at the point where the frame rails are weilded to the steering stem 06-10 kxf 450 same breaks are a known issue if your racing anything can break that's a good bet

airmobile101
07-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by mxdad423
You know, I am probably going to sound like an A**hole here but I hear alot of people bashing the Raptor because of broken frames, apperantly these people are not very experienced with MX or XC racing. If you are racing I don't care what you have, Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, Suzuki, DRR, Apex, Kasea, ect ect, 70, 90, 250, 300, 400, 450, you are going to have frame problems, and if you don't then they are not getting rode hard, thats fact. I'm not saying that the Raptor frame couldn't of been a little beefier but you can't have light if you want strength, you can't have strength if you want light. Another thing the plays into it is your suspension, put a good suspension under any machine and that will make a big diffeance in you frame also. We built our Raptor over the winter, we went with the Fox Evol's on the front, the Fox podium on the rear, and JB A-arms and Swing arm, then we also installed the Teixeria gusset kit (Very nice kit by the way), it concentrates on all the weak points on the frame and everything fits right in place, plus the added motor mount. we have 8 or 9 races on it so far and have had no issues. And as far as one of the posts saying the Honda 300 don't have any frame issues, boy is that a line of Sh*t, the 300 is very know for cracking on both sides just in front of the foot pegs, and also up on the top rail towards the middle, I have seen many of the 300's break in those spots. I will say again, IF YOUR RACING IT AND YOU ARE RIDING IT IT's GOING TO BREAK. I would always tell Brandon when he broke something, don't worry buddy, if your breaking it I know your riding it.......:D :D :D.
Ok sorry I just had to express my opinon, LOL....
:D :D

Kevin Smitley

Damn, wheres the thumbs up button? Very well said Kevin.

LT80
07-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
Honda has had their share of frame issues on the their 450 as well :blah: . I can tell you a friend of mine 1st hand that found 7 cracks in his. He ended up going to a LoneStar frame.

Obviously these ppl are not utilizing the re-enforcement kits.
Of course a aftermarket frame is awsome but you can't race it in a production class. :(

My daughter has never broke a ->250r/400ex/450r<- re-enforced frame.
Anyone care to say she didn't ride hard.:devil:

I preached to her from the start. ""learn to ride smooth"".
Ya'll might want to try that. Took her to number 1. :D

sand45
07-04-2010, 11:33 AM
we looked at the raptor 125 yesterday at sand fest at coosbay....The bike looks awesome .. looks like the same shocks as the raptor 250. They would not let us ride for it was a show model only.

mxdad423
07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by LT80
Obviously these ppl are not utilizing the re-enforcement kits.
Of course a aftermarket frame is awsome but you can't race it in a production class. :(

My daughter has never broke a ->250r/400ex/450r<- re-enforced frame.
Anyone care to say she didn't ride hard.:devil:

I preached to her from the start. ""learn to ride smooth"".
Ya'll might want to try that. Took her to number 1. :D

Like I said Jack, they all have issues if they are being rode hard. No you did not have issues because you said the magic words, REINFORCE, Thats the point I was trying to make, no matter what brand it is you have to reinfore it, or you WILL break it. Yea maybe the Honda frames are a little sturdier then the Yamaha but thats why the Honda is 100 lbs heavier. With the right reinforcement the Yamaha frames will hold up just fine and as well as the Honda's. Here we go again, Ford, Chevy, Dodge,....Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, it's all in what you like and pefer.

Kevin Smitley

Kevin Smitley