PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Rhode Island? New job...

jasonjonesjj
06-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Moving to Providence for job. Anyone know decent areas to look for a place to live around there? Or more importantly, nice tracks to ride in the area?

Lasher
06-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I am from CT so not sure on where to live. But for tracks...

NEATV is a great race series all over New England. Check out their website www.neatv-mx.com for more info. I have raced this series for many years.

As for practice tracks...not many. But most races have practice day prior to the race.

extremeblastr
06-09-2010, 03:44 PM
i would say live as far away from providence as your budget will allow, entire area is a s***hole and the only time i wander there is shopping and ihop lol but like lasher said neatv is a great option because there are very few tracks in new england to ride for open practice.

Stiles86
06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
when you coming up???

rollie
06-09-2010, 07:45 PM
i live 20 minutes outside providence, but in mass, there are some really nice places around providence don't listen to the people that don't even live near it:rolleyes: as far as tracks there aren't very many

Fear250r
06-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Actual Rhode Islander here! As far as Providence goes, I myself, just can't stand being in the city. I'm not sure how far you want to drive, but you can go a bit north, towards cumberland/woonsocket/n.smithfield area and still only be 15-20 min away from Prov. Or even N.Providence and some parts of Lincoln would be closer. I wouldn't venture south, towards cranston/johnston area, but that's just me. All depends on your preference.

Let me know if you have any questions or whatever. Been here for 30+. lol

Oh, and as far as tracks.........yeeeaaah........not a whole lot of riding in this state....

Lasher
06-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Fear250r
Oh, and as far as tracks.........yeeeaaah........not a whole lot of riding in this state....

Not much land in the state either.

Nice thing about New England, going to a "different" state is only about 20 minutes!

Fear250r
06-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Exactly!! Been going to the races? Your son all healed up?

outacontrol
06-12-2010, 05:05 PM
i lived in north smithfield for a couple yrs, nice area, no tracks around though...

lasher45
06-12-2010, 05:53 PM
I've been racing in NEATV-MX for 2 years and I've had a great time so far. There's no where in CT to ride but like my father said most NEATV races have Saturday practice. If you check out the website someone will usually post when theres an open practice at a track on a non-race weekend.

Exactly!! Been going to the races? Your son all healed up?

We just went to Southwick this past weekend and are heading up to Capeway soon. Hoping it doesn't downpoor :rolleyes:. I was finally cleared to ride the weekend before Southwick though! Now I just have to get back in shape lol.

Fear250r
06-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
i lived in north smithfield for a couple yrs, nice area, no tracks around though...

Really? That's where I'm from! Good old n.s.....remember how awesome the cops are in this town...

Lasher45, you must be mikes son. Good luck racing this year, glad to hear you're feeling better. I plan on coming out to a race this year and meeting up with you guys. I also heard you went to the dark side.........

lasher45
06-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Lasher45, you must be mikes son. Good luck racing this year, glad to hear you're feeling better. I plan on coming out to a race this year and meeting up with you guys. I also heard you went to the dark side.........

Thanks, hope to see you out there. I guess he told you I was going 4-broke then haha :D?

Fear250r
06-14-2010, 04:59 AM
Are you kidding? He told EVERYONE!!! :D hahaha!!!

Lasher
06-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah...I tend to brag about my son, what father does not.

Right now both of us are sharing the old 89 250R. Both Walsh frames are sitting in the garage. The R frame needs to be rebuilt and his CRF frame needs to be completed. Both require cash that is not in my wallet at this time. :(