PDA

View Full Version : Engine maintaince/ performance upgrading

RobRacing
06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I am not to familiar with the rotax engine I have always worked on japanese engines. If anyone has torn one of these engines down could you tell me if they are similar to the japanese engines? I know all engines operate the same and have the same basic parts I am just wondering how the design of this engine is and how easy it is to work on.

brian 68
06-09-2010, 04:49 PM
i have a 650, but there very similar to the 450. and yes they are basicaly the same as other bikes, just faster. if you have worked on newer hondas, suzuki, ect. then you should have no problem with the can-am.

RobRacing
06-09-2010, 09:23 PM
That's kinda what I thought just wanted to be sure. If honda doesn't come out with a full race bike for 2010 then I am going to get the can am. It's just so much cheaper than starting with a "stock" bike and I don't like yamaha so that's not even an option :p

florentino
06-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by RobRacing
That's kinda what I thought just wanted to be sure. If honda doesn't come out with a full race bike for 2010 then I am going to get the can am. It's just so much cheaper than starting with a "stock" bike and I don't like yamaha so that's not even an option :p

the stock can am motor is the best out there with bolt on mods.
now if you mess with the motor inside it becames a time bomb.
the new yamaha has been really good all stock i see lots of them at the track.