PDA

View Full Version : clutch problems, I think?

flipout31
06-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I bought my dauther a brand new 2007 extreme ty 90 about two months ago. It was a brand new left over. Anyway, She has only raced two motos and one tt and it had its first big problem tonight. I heard it clicking real bad where the shaft that holds the front sprocket. It was locking up. Anyway, does anyone know what this may be. It will run for a few feet then lock up.

guenther
06-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Take the sprocket cover off and see if one of the bolts that holds the sprocket on has come out. Maybe you've checked but hopefully it's something easy like that. Did the place/dealer you got the bike from give you a 6 month warranty like Xtreme used to do before they went out of business. Our 2007 90cc had all kinds of motor/clutch issues. Right after Xtreme went out of business was just before our 6 month warranty was up. The dealer I got it from got me in touch with a guy at Xtreme and he ended up giving me a brand new 125 as a replacement because they didn't have any more 90 motors left. The phone number of the guy I talked to is 847-429-9263. I can't remember his name but he gave me over to a customer service guy named Glen who was very helpful and got me all the parts and pieces I needed to make the conversion from the 90 to the 125. Hope this helps some.

leager-n-ky
06-09-2010, 05:30 PM
We had this same problem in one of our 125's, when i got it apart, one of the drive gears on the clutch side had broken some teeth off. i made you an offer in your other thread if you are interested.