PDA

View Full Version : Aarm question

Fast470r
06-07-2010, 02:50 PM
bought some burgard 1+1 arms standard travle even got them with 16mm balljoints no prob. I bought an angle finder and set camber to 3 but when I step back it looks off but no ill effects when riding. No shaking vibrating nothing bad that i can tell is it just me or has others noticed this one just looks off from the other. I set it with the quad on the ground with a stright edge like lonestar segested. i wish i had a way to put on pics but i dont know how. and yes it was on a level concrete floor.

Scro
06-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Set it correctly with measurements, and don't worry about how it looks. If you look at it long enough, you will start making yourself believe it's wrong. If you really want to aggravate yourself, set up your toe by measurement. Then look at it from the front, then look at it from the back. It will look toed out from the front, and toed-in from the rear.:p

450r07
06-07-2010, 07:58 PM
i agree with scro. if it feels good while you are riding it then i would leave it alone. everytime i look at my bike for a long period of time i think that i find something wrong with it but it is all im my head.

Fast470r
06-08-2010, 09:21 PM
thanks for the info thats pretty much how it happened looked and looked at it till it drove me crazy. but the angle finder kept saying it was 3 and the toe in is 1/4.

RobRacing
06-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Yes believe in your measuring tools. It's true the more you look at it the more it will look wrong.

airmobile101
06-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Well, that depends if your floor is actually true(flat). If you need some help, I'm over here in Hillsboro.

jpfmotors
06-09-2010, 01:47 PM
ya everytime I walk by my quad I straighten the bars thinking that my toes is out then I look at it on both sides move the bars a little , its all in your head or something is what I tell my self after checking it multiple times