PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the predator?

Tainted Glory
02-01-2003, 02:07 PM
what do you guys think of them? i can't decide which to get-the predator or the z400. help me out

own2424
02-01-2003, 02:26 PM
They are sweet. Some guy at the dunes had a stock Troy Lee Predator, and it was quick as **** for a stock quad! It was surely whooping all the stock Raptors.

Glow Plug
02-01-2003, 02:32 PM
i don't really like em just becase of the polairs name plate and the newness (if that is a word?) it's very unprovin and yeah so i don't really have a good feeling abouti t :rolleyes:

02-01-2003, 02:59 PM
I in my opinion think they capitalized suck!. I heard so much crap about them some kid just died on one becuase the wheel fell off! lmao, I have heard the wheels have bearings? The airbox falls out of the frame, the swingarm is weak, the fornt end is decent, the antifreeze overflow is sticking out in the open reeady to get hit, now I dont know to much about the motor.. so so far not so good.

jmoney45
02-01-2003, 03:07 PM
I actually like it and would get it over the Z. It's faster, handles better, and has better suspension. It also has a heavy duty axle and aftermarket rims/tires. As far as the wheel falling off, I would believe the dealer is at fault. I believe they assemble them before selling.

If you doubt the performance of them just read what Daryl Rath says about them. He pretty much dominated on a virtually stock predator last year, and said it was faster than his KTM quad.

Of course, take this for what it's worth. Its just my opinion.

Sparky416ex
02-01-2003, 03:09 PM
i would proly go with the Z its a dependable ex with more power

raptor_02
02-01-2003, 04:40 PM
get a Z. You can make them have more power than a Predator ever dreamed of!

DESDAK4
02-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Well I say get a Predator they are crazy fast and this ran all day with us even after a pretty wicked tumble. He also proved to be as fast as a Lt250r with a Kawi 500 dirtbike motor in it today.

Jay
USAF

OG350
02-01-2003, 05:30 PM
I say screw the predator because it's a polaris. Also all those features it has on it are just to damn hyped up anyways. I mean wow it has that pro steering bs and it has fox shocks. That pro steering it has is just one more thing to go out when your rideing which will screw up your day. Also the damn fox shocks are horrible because there just cheap mountain bike shocks resized to fit a quad lol j/k.It only makes like 42hp with a 500cc motor when a stock drz motor thats 400cc's makes 40+rwhp.I doubt if u will see major performance gains from a cam, pipe, etc. About Daryll Rath of course he is gonna win on a damn pred because he been rideing forever and is a very good rider and he could probably whip most people at a mx track even if he was on a lt80. Last but not least just because poopalris had fugi make the motor doesn't mean it won't have problems. The sp500 has many problems with overheating and other issues and guess who made the motor fugi heavy industries who is probably a division of fugi the company that makes film and digi cam's :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

infantry317
02-01-2003, 07:09 PM
I am so tired of $hithouse lawyers that are such experts on a quad they've never ridden. Give it a chance...time will tell on the Predator. Remember it smoked everthing in the DW shootout on the mx track (for what that counts).

400exredrider
02-01-2003, 09:27 PM
ill test her out i just bought one will be here tuesday ill put it up against my 465..........sound fair:D

JustRace
02-01-2003, 09:58 PM
I agree, i get tired of hearing people bs something they haven't ridden or seen. The 500cc motor makes more hp than a raptor and around the same as a DS650, i think. I have owned, well my parents, have owned 2 polarises and have put over 5000 combined on then. Neither have had a problem. Some people are just so d@mn stupid that it really p!sses me off when they bash something just because of the name on the machine.

OG350
02-01-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by JustRace
I agree, i get tired of hearing people bs something they haven't ridden or seen. The 500cc motor makes more hp than a raptor and around the same as a DS650, i think. I have owned, well my parents, have owned 2 polarises and have put over 5000 combined on then. Neither have had a problem. Some people are just so d@mn stupid that it really p!sses me off when they bash something just because of the name on the machine. The reason I have said what I said earlier was because I have rode one and I didn't like it. Also the pred is gonna make more power than the raptor because the raptor's motor is from a streetbike in europe that was heavily detuned when they stuck it in a quad chassis.

DESDAK4
02-01-2003, 10:31 PM
It really doesn't matter what other people think I have rode this quad and rode along with it on my EX and it is just a very nice quad period. Here I am jumping it for the first time.

Jay
USAF

Tainted Glory
02-02-2003, 11:26 AM
does it feel heavy? right now im leaning towards the z because it is $600 cheaper. honestly, i really like the predator, but feel the z is more than capable of being the better machine

DESDAK4
02-02-2003, 04:46 PM
I don't think it feels heavy at all it is very nible and flies very good and lands even better. In my opinion it is going to be a better by than the Z because it is going to take you well more than $600 to make that Z as fast as the Predator but like I said that is my opinion.

Jay
USAF

suzuki Z400
02-02-2003, 05:45 PM
My friends brand new raptor just beats my other friends brand new predator. They are fast but i personaly think something is going to go wrong and they are going to fall apart. The kid on the predator wrecked that day it was so funny.

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
02-02-2003, 05:48 PM
well I raced my predator today for the first time but it wasn't on a real track it was a home made harescramble track... but first it was a drag....
KFX400
Z400
Z400
Z400
400EX with some mods
and ME
Well I dont really know how long this drag was it was prolly around 250 Yards......Well right off the start it was dead even... then about when I was in 3rd gear shifting into 4th I pulled away and ended up beating them by more than a few quad lengths..

On the harescramble track we only raced around 10 laps becuase of the clickness the turns got after the snow and dirt got compacted but the KFX cut me off on the first turn and managed to stay out front til' lap 8....then I got past hit on a straight away then after that it was all predator....it was really close though....

The worst part about today was right when I unloaded it I decided to take a little spin....I hit a ramp and slipped off the handle bar...I went right over it!!!it sorta hurt but I had on my helmet and chest protector!