PDA

View Full Version : Blown Motor

Gusto
02-01-2003, 02:03 PM
I "had" a 415 motor with stage 2 Hot cam and Wiseco piston. Ran it for about 20 hrs. Yesterday I ran it hard...my riding is usually open desert, so I ride wide open most of the time. On my way home from riding..going wide open, it siezed. All I heard was a small "klunk", hit the clutch and coasted to a stop. When I carted it home and opened it up I found one **** of a mess. To my best guess I lost oil when one of my piston rings gave out which inturn cooked my sleeve then it blew out throwing parts down into my crank....and my valves did suck some of the parting thru them also. I know my rings where installed correctly and never had any indication ie loss of power or speed before it happened...just bam. My question for the field is this 1. Do you think my crank is damaged ( I can see 99% of my parts lying at the bottom)? 2. Timing chain stretched? 3. Having it bored and sleeved..will someone do it with the mess that it is in?

Any positive advice or comments appreciated.

Martin Blair
02-01-2003, 05:54 PM
I would say since your having it bored take it compleatly apart and clean it all up them get a better look at your crank, or send you eternals to the guy who is doing your bore, he would have a better idea of if it is salvagable or not.