PDA

View Full Version : How to fix lt250r's scrub(bumpsteer) issues. Very simple

flyjum
06-06-2010, 11:39 PM
1. Unbolt both outer tie rods from spindles.
2. Rebolt them on the BOTTOM of the spindle so the nut is now on top.
3. Adjust toe to 1/4 toe in.
4. Enjoy having no scrub and or bumpsteer problems any more.

I have fixed 4 lt250's like this with no problem all were 85/86's.
The 87+ might not be the same.

I think this how it shoud have came from the factory and people or the workers put them on wrong.

acmallette
12-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Hey i have an 89 lt250r and i don't know how to adjust the tow, i loosened the nut on the a-arm but it stayed loose its like you need to shim it.... this is my first lt i had banshees and kxs... Your help is appreciated:devil: :devil:

LTandRaptorider
12-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by acmallette
Hey i have an 89 lt250r and i don't know how to adjust the tow, i loosened the nut on the a-arm but it stayed loose its like you need to shim it.... this is my first lt i had banshees and kxs... Your help is appreciated:devil: :devil:

Not sure what you mean by loosening the nut on the a-arm to adjust toe? :confused: Anyway, loosen nuts on both ends of the tie rod, then rotate tie rod to set the toe. Tighten nuts on both ends when done.

Maybe you're talking about adjusting camber? If so that is not adjustable on stock LT a-arms, only aftermarket.

fx4pitrone
12-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Camber can be adjusted on the stock Lt250r a-arms....

Just grind off the 2 tabs that stick out on the lower a-arm, then reinstall the lower Ball joint with a few washers between the BJ and Arm and it will straighten out your camber and fix the factory issue....