PDA

View Full Version : New engine gasket?

renslip6990
06-06-2010, 11:07 PM
On the right side of my engine mid section i noticed slight brown residue that keeps appearing after each ride. Is this something to worry about or has anyone found the same?

Foxstar45
06-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Mine does this to and have heard others with the same thing. I don't think it's a problem.

comander420
06-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Take a look behind the head on the engine case and there is a little cover with one bolt. Check the tightness. Mine was doing the same thing and as much water as I go through in XC I don't want any water getting in more than I don't want the oil getting out.

renslip6990
06-13-2010, 01:34 PM
k thanks ill see if that works or try getting it under warrenty

raptorguy
06-16-2010, 07:06 AM
There was a dealer repair done to the rear of the cases to keep the cases from cracking where the pivot bolt goes through. Unfortunately that upgrade/recall/retro active band aid causes not enough pressure on the center case gaskes and leads to the center case gasket being forced out. Search, there should be other threads about it. Not much you can do except a new gasket and usually some sealant.

TNT
06-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by raptorguy
There was a dealer repair done to the rear of the cases to keep the cases from cracking where the pivot bolt goes through. Unfortunately that upgrade/recall/retro active band aid causes not enough pressure on the center case gaskes and leads to the center case gasket being forced out. Search, there should be other threads about it. Not much you can do except a new gasket and usually some sealant.

Right! loctite(red) the steel sleeve that goes into the case where the pivot bolt goes through. That should help keep the cases from drifting apart keep the gasket in compression and from leaking. To get the sleeve out later use some local heat on it.