PDA

View Full Version : Seat bouncing ZPS?

KingpinsEx
06-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I have been riding mx for some time and many riders have mentioned to me about seat bouncing. Which is essentially compressing your rear shock on the face of a jump to get extra force to clear big jumps. However I am running PEP ZPS shocks and am curious if that is really necessary with this type of shock. I believe the ZPS spring does the pre load for you saving the need to seat bounce. Any input?

motofreak2772
06-06-2010, 10:19 AM
No I dont think anyshock can seatbounce for you. The shocks naturally preload when you hit jumps but seatbouncing just increases it so you can get the extra air you need. If you seatbounced everything that would be bad because you would be in the air longer than neccisary. You should only seatbounce when you need to.

usp4u
06-11-2010, 02:19 PM
The ZPS spring isn't going to help or hurt with seat bouncing. Sit and watch someone go up a jump face and notice how compressed the shock is. The ZPS spring should be collapsed just due to the force of hitting the jump face, even smaller jumps. Seat bouincing will have the same effect on a zero preload shock as a preloaded shock.

It's a non-issue.