PDA

View Full Version : Does this make sense?

juice420
06-05-2010, 10:02 PM
A very good friend of mine is going through a rough time with his wife (or ex-wife whatever). I guess a while back she cheated on him with some guy at her workplace. She works at an auto shop, and the guy was delivering parts to the shop.

Well I guess he was going through her phone and seen his number on there and he confonted her and she confessed.

So she ended up moving in with her sister and continued to see the other dude. She would go to my friends house once in a while to collect the few things that were actually hers.

Now here's the messed up part. All he talked about was how he hated her and wanted a divorce and this and that. He filed for bankruptcy which tells me once you go that far the relationship is pretty much over.

Well we carpool to work together, it's about a 40 minute drive from my house to work, and lately all he does is talk to this beetch on the phone the whole way there it makes me angry it's totally disrespectful if you ask me. Especially when one day they argue the whole time and the very next day it's like nothing ever happened, and he's asking her "So how was your day?" and "How's your car running?" I'm like wtf you guys are acting like nothings going on.

Lately he's been telling me he's been going to her apartment staying the night and whatnot. So that makes me think that she's cheating on the guy that she was cheating on him with. I'm like damn she's playing them both like a couple fools now.

Then last week I asked if he wanted to go up-north with me for memorial day and he said that he was going to his uncles house. Even though him and his uncle haven't talked in like a year. So i was thinking yeah right your probably gonna ditch me and hang out with that slut. Well come to find out sure enough they went to Chicago over the weekend.

It just makes me angry because she cheated on him and they have been together since high school. I would of left her high and dry it just doesn't make sense to me.

Edit: I also forgot to mention he had a day off from work a while back and he called a mutual friend of ours and asked him if he wanted to help bake a cake for her! Then he proceeded to tell everyone at work lol. Keep in mind I work on a dock with about 35 guys lol. Needless to say there were plenty of jokes going around.

hondariderdylan
06-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Sounds to me like he is having problems letting go. If you have been with someone since high school and suddenly there gone, your minds not going to just turn the lights out and move on like nothing happened.

juice420
06-05-2010, 10:09 PM
True, but the lights definately turned out in her head.

k4f5x0r
06-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by juice420

I think the opposite. She realized the more light switches on, the more fun she has ;) :D

hondariderdylan
06-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by juice420

Dont you love how women have that power and think that it wont bother the man? its bullsh*t if you ask me:scary:

juice420
06-05-2010, 10:17 PM
I don't think he realizes once a cheater always a cheater.

rbgnwa45
06-05-2010, 11:02 PM
My friend cheats all the time, I can't stand it, I want to tell his girlfriend but on the otherhand he's been my best friend for 14 years. I don't know his girlfriend at all, so I'm not sure what to do. Somehow if I tell her I'm a punk, if I don't I'm letting my friend be an idiot, what's worse :confused: .

250x_kyle
06-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
My friend cheats all the time, I can't stand it, I want to tell his girlfriend but on the otherhand he's been my best friend for 14 years. I don't know his girlfriend at all, so I'm not sure what to do. Somehow if I tell her I'm a punk, if I don't I'm letting my friend be an idiot, what's worse :confused: .

people change. whos to say hes not lieing to you about things as well. do what you thinks best. or say out of it.

on another note my bros friends in the same shoes right now except hes over it she cheated he kicked her to the curb. nicest guy youd ever meet. lost his dad in a car crash and his mom of a heart attack and hes only 27. its going to take some time for him to move on. just be there for him when he needs it. only time will tell.

flyboy1294
06-06-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm kind of with some of the above posters. (And I hope this doesn't turn into a female-bashing thread, some of them are cool.:p) Once ANYONE cheats it is always going to be an option in their mind. It is next to impossible to resist it after a long time and it always is buzzing in the back of your head.

Obviously, like was said, he can't let go. It's normal for guys when the woman is still in the situation to have trouble looking for other options. And as for what's going on in his head, you know she has got to be pumping him full of bull**** constantly; god only knows how clouded his thinking is. I don't totally blame him, sometimes that stuff is so close to your face you can't see it.

With that said, are you (the OP) close friends with this dude? Because she is literally going to run him into the ground if he doesn't wise up in time. Intervention is needed. :rolleyes:

juice420
06-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by flyboy1294
I'm kind of with some of the above posters. (And I hope this doesn't turn into a female-bashing thread, some of them are cool.:p) Once ANYONE cheats it is always going to be an option in their mind. It is next to impossible to resist it after a long time and it always is buzzing in the back of your head.

Obviously, like was said, he can't let go. It's normal for guys when the woman is still in the situation to have trouble looking for other options. And as for what's going on in his head, you know she has got to be pumping him full of bull**** constantly; god only knows how clouded his thinking is. I don't totally blame him, sometimes that stuff is so close to your face you can't see it.

With that said, are you (the OP) close friends with this dude? Because she is literally going to run him into the ground if he doesn't wise up in time. Intervention is needed. :rolleyes:
Wow nice call dude. Yeh, were pretty good friends. She had him so f'd in the head that she talked HIM into seeing a shrink for anger issues!! Like I said before I don't care how long your in a relationship with someone, you cheat on me your getting kicked to the curb.

wild250rman
06-06-2010, 06:09 AM
tell her before it becomes a life long mistake (kids or marriage) and he completly ruins her life. if he does it now he will do it later. if he is really a friend he will just laugh it off.

wild250rman
tell her before it becomes a life long mistake (kids or marriage) and he completly ruins her life. if he does it now he will do it later. if he is really a friend he will just laugh it off.

wild250rman

wild250rman
06-06-2010, 06:23 AM

RedSonya
06-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by wild250rman

Seriously, if you tell her, your friend WILL find out that you told her and you can pretty much kiss your friendship goodbye. Honestly, deep down she probably already knows what a scumbag he is.

Or, if you're really good friends, you could try talking to him. And if he doesn't care about hurting someone else, then he probably isn't a good person to be friends with, anyway.

I hope you guys out there don't think all women cheat! I've NEVER cheated on a boyfriend, and I've been dating a looooong time. I have, however, been cheated ON by a few guys. I'm optimistic, however, that most guys out there are decent, trustworthy people.

wild250rman
06-06-2010, 12:19 PM
15 years ago I met my now wife, a few close friends and family members even the man i worked for told me to run she would be nothing but heartache as long as you are with her. five years later the preacher that was going to do our wedding refused to do the wedding he said it wouldn't last. Me being hard headed that i am said your all wrong I know her she's not like that, guess i was an idiot. Fast forward 10 years of marriage later, 2 children, a contracting company, lots of grief later and everything else that goes with life my wife comes home yesterday and announces she is moving out at the end of the month and filling for divorce, because she is board and needs to get out and experience other men.five of her closest friends have done the same things to their husbands in the last year. I never cheated on her while dating or when married but she done it to me before marriage and now. hind site is 20/20. I know all women don't cheat but if given the opertunity a good woman or man will turn from the temptation.

RedSonya
06-06-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm so sorry for your troubles. It sounds like she has a case of "the grass is always greener." And people who claim to be bored are usually selfish people who don't put any work into a relationship, yet blame the other person for their lack of entertainment. It's a serious character flaw.

Her friends just sound like idiot lemmings. I can't understand why men fall for women like that.

fearlessfred
06-06-2010, 01:17 PM
15 years ago I met my now wife, a few close friends and family members even the man i worked for told me to run she would be nothing but heartache as long as you are with her. five years later the preacher that was going to do our wedding refused to do the wedding he said it wouldn't last. Me being hard headed that i am said your all wrong I know her she's not like that, guess i was an idiot. Fast forward 10 years of marriage later, 2 children, a contracting company, lots of grief later and everything else that goes with life my wife comes home yesterday and announces she is moving out at the end of the month and filling for divorce, because she is board and needs to get out and experience other men.five of her closest friends have done the same things to their husbands in the last year. I never cheated on her while dating or when married but she done it to me before marriage and now. hind site is 20/20. I know all women don't cheat but if given the opertunity a good woman or man will turn from the temptation.
i feel for ya man.if shes leaving, she prob,allready has someone else.i have never know a women to leave without having some one else .stand tall,believe in yourself,do the best by your kids and theres got to be some one out there thats better for you.

wild250rman
06-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
i feel for ya man.if shes leaving, she prob,allready has someone else.i have never know a women to leave without having some one else .stand tall,believe in yourself,do the best by your kids and theres got to be some one out there thats better for you.
thanks fearless, you are probably 100% right like you say the kids are my main concern they are my riding partners and i can't loose them?

juice420
06-06-2010, 04:08 PM
thanks fearless, you are probably 100% right like you say the kids are my main concern they are my riding partners and i can't loose them?
Threadjack much?

fearlessfred
06-06-2010, 04:17 PM
my best friend went thru this a few years back. he tryed to teach his kids to hate there mom,and that was a big mistake . please dont do that.

wild250rman
06-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
my best friend went thru this a few years back. he tryed to teach his kids to hate there mom,and that was a big mistake . please dont do that.
i wouldn't do that to the kids they are the ones I feel the most for of all the things we have been through they are the best thing to happen to me. kinda still in shock as she goes around the house taking down pictures decorations etc. thought this stuff only happened in country songs.