PDA

View Full Version : Never thought it would happen so close

hondariderdylan
06-05-2010, 09:29 PM
When my family moved out into the country when i was little, it was to get me in a decent school system and to get away from all the gangs,murders, and violence of the trashy suburb we lived in. Now i have come to realize that it can happen anywhere. Im almost scared to go anywhere now.

They found a man about a quarter mile down my empty, seldom-traveled dirt road face down by his car with 2 gunshot wounds to the head and 4 to the torso. The local police from 2 counties, GBI vans, and undercover police blocked off my road and wouldnt let anyone go anywhere. They were going door to door telling people to stay inside, etc. Then afterwards when all the law enforcement was gone i rode my quad down the road slowly just being nosy. Big Mistake. There was a large blood stain in the middle of the road and the smell was horrible.

I just wanted to post this to remind people that no matter where you are, its not always as safe as it may seem.

06-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Just part of life. :o If you're scared to die, stay inside.

Canadian144
06-05-2010, 09:49 PM
That sucks that something like that happened out in the country near you. Nothing like that has happened immediately near me... not at my house in Toronto, nor near my Farm, nor near my cottage.

hondariderdylan
06-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-DunerUtah
Just part of life. :o If you're scared to die, stay inside.

:rolleyes:
im not scared to die by any means. i know it will happen one day. but the fact that i can count on my hands, how many people go down my road daily and this guy gets his brains blown out where me and my buddies walk and ride at sometimes, kinda scary.

I can only imagine if i would have found him or would have seen it.:ermm:

CJM
06-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Since its such a small town/area how much you wanna bet it was a local who did it to the guy?

hondariderdylan
06-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Since its such a small town/area how much you wanna bet it was a local who did it to the guy?

The local newspaper site said he was from the next county over (i live about a mile and a half from the line). and i forgot to mention that the other end of the road (about a mile long) has a house on it that was busted for meth a few months ago. So my freinds think that there still cooking it and that it was a deal gone bad.:ermm:

CJM
06-05-2010, 10:18 PM
^ Exactly what probably happened.

juice420
06-05-2010, 10:19 PM
It's crazy I've lived near Detroit my whole life and have never seen an extreme act of violence like that. Just the usual ***-whoopins.

Canadian144
06-05-2010, 10:37 PM
^ Yet from what I hear Detroit is one of the most violent cities....

Where are you from in MI?

I am down there pretty often to visit relatives, pick up parts, etc.... in fact I'm hoping to go to the University of Michigan.

My relatives live near Novi.... The just moved form a subdivision house to a beautiful 8 acre property..... it's got a really nice house, a horse barn, and some horse fencing... it also backs onto a huge pond (small lake?). My uncle says if I get into U of M then I can bring down my LTR450 and leave it in their garage and ride it around there :D He used to ride dirtbikes when he was my age, and now rides street bikes... so he's pretty cool. Hopefully he's also going to get my 7 year old niece a quad sometime soon (he said that he would!).

But anyways, from my experiences in Michigan, it feels quite safe. In the subdivision they lived in, there was never any trouble really... although often times in the winter they would wake up in the morning and notice footprints walking around their cars and sometimes into the backyard - probably looking for unlocked cars/doors to break into.

I've driven through Pontiac a few times... man that place looks pretty sketchy though. Would not want to have to walk around there.

rbgnwa45
06-05-2010, 11:14 PM
"2 gunshot wounds to the head and 4 to the torso", how unprofessional, probably gang violence. Back-seat shooting with a getaway driver. Come to Canada, that never happends.

06-05-2010, 11:28 PM
**** happens. I live in one of the most prestigious neighborhoods in the county. Theres a drug dealer that lives a street over, there was a guy robbing houses that lives in here, then there was a murder... You get scum bags and stuff everywhere no matter where you live.

250x_kyle
06-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
:rolleyes:
im not scared to die by any means. i know it will happen one day. but the fact that i can count on my hands, how many people go down my road daily and this guy gets his brains blown out where me and my buddies walk and ride at sometimes, kinda scary.

I can only imagine if i would have found him or would have seen it.:ermm:

i went for a ride one day and found a guy who blew his brains out in his truck. there was a slurry of brain and skull on the dash and when the fire company came and blocked off the road. they opend the door of the truck and the guys jaw fell off. try and get that immage out of your mind.

juice420
06-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Canadian144
^ Yet from what I hear Detroit is one of the most violent cities....

Where are you from in MI?

I am down there pretty often to visit relatives, pick up parts, etc.... in fact I'm hoping to go to the University of Michigan.

My relatives live near Novi.... The just moved form a subdivision house to a beautiful 8 acre property..... it's got a really nice house, a horse barn, and some horse fencing... it also backs onto a huge pond (small lake?). My uncle says if I get into U of M then I can bring down my LTR450 and leave it in their garage and ride it around there :D He used to ride dirtbikes when he was my age, and now rides street bikes... so he's pretty cool. Hopefully he's also going to get my 7 year old niece a quad sometime soon (he said that he would!).

But anyways, from my experiences in Michigan, it feels quite safe. In the subdivision they lived in, there was never any trouble really... although often times in the winter they would wake up in the morning and notice footprints walking around their cars and sometimes into the backyard - probably looking for unlocked cars/doors to break into.

I've driven through Pontiac a few times... man that place looks pretty sketchy though. Would not want to have to walk around there.
I'm in Lincoln Park, about 5 minutes from Southwest Detroit. My cousin used to live in Southwest when I was young my mom would drop me off over his house before she went to work. It's not as bad as everyone thinks. Pontiac is actually one of the better cities in the metro area.

fastredrider44
06-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Try finding a guy beaten to death found on your property. A couple of druggies from down the road killed a guy and dumped him on our property earlier this year.

tayyo789
06-06-2010, 03:04 AM
A long time ago, back when I was in like 7th grade, there was a lockdown at my school because some meth head was outside with an ak shootin at cops. The paper said there was 17 meth busts within a mile of the school just that year.

Aarons 01 400EX
06-06-2010, 08:40 AM
St. Louis City is the most dangerous city in america according to all the reports the last couple years. I'm definetly not afraid to walk around downtown at night there. I was just bar hopping downtown Friday night after the Cards game till 3am.

yellowzo3
06-06-2010, 10:01 AM
We have lots of violence around my area. Only one murder has ever been mentioned on tv and that was because it was a police chase or something that ended in my town. However there is a lot more stuff around here that you hear about by word of mouth that never gets shown on tv for some reason. Some of our bigger news stories make it to our local papers but that's it.

I live in NJ so most of our news is overshadowed by whats happening in NY and we sort of fly under the radar. However there are countless busts and robberies happening around here all the time.

My old high school has had multiple lockdowns and my sophomore year we had a school from a neighboring town invade us and there was just a massacre of beatdowns with baseball bats and huge melees... Thank god my last period class was right by the exit of the school. I did my usual routine of leaving school and getting right on the bus to go home. If I would have waited around or came out of school a couple minutes later I would have been in the middle of it. Everywhere you looked there were people rolling in the grass, bats and crap swinging around, people laying on the ground. No one could control it. Carloads of kids came from the other town just as school let out and all hell broke loose. As I walked on the bus it all broke loose. The bus driver locked us all in the bus to keep us safe (only a handful of people were on the bus though so idk wtf happened to everyone else). Once I got home I could hear cops going from the municipal building to the school for a couple hours. For some reason I never heard anything about it after that day. Go figure :rolleyes:

Canadian144
06-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by juice420
I'm in Lincoln Park, about 5 minutes from Southwest Detroit. My cousin used to live in Southwest when I was young my mom would drop me off over his house before she went to work. It's not as bad as everyone thinks. Pontiac is actually one of the better cities in the metro area.

True. Pontiac looks pretty bad though... just all the boarded up buildings, and some of the people you see walking around there. I guess appearances can be deceiving. We usually pass through there whenever we are headed to Magic Racing in Shelby Twp... I love that store haha.

gncc025
06-06-2010, 01:53 PM
If your old enough i would consider getting a CCW permit. Those things are nice to have sometimes

madskrillz2
06-06-2010, 02:01 PM
It used to not be bad here but with all of these people moving in because of BRAC, crime has just shot up. Shootings at schools, murders everywhere, and theft is just through the roof compared to how it used to be. I hate to say it, but this place is beginning to look like another Birmingham.

rbgnwa45
06-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Forget moving to Canada, on June 3rd my 18 year old bestfriend & neighbour was shot at on his birthday at his own house in the middle of the night. Someone started **** with him at a stripclub, followed him home, and shot at him 3 times with a 9mm. Seeing a truck come up his driveway, my bud got in his tractor and pushed the truck into a field at full speed so they shot at him. 5 minutes later all 5 people in the truck (all under 21) were arrested and charged with posession of a controlled substance and a restricted firearm. 4 made bail :ermm:.

http://www.nrps.com/news/details.asp?id=mr807

aDviSol2y
06-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by tayyo789
A long time ago, back when I was in like 7th grade, there was a lockdown at my school because some meth head was outside with an ak shootin at cops. The paper said there was 17 meth busts within a mile of the school just that year.

Oregon has one of the highest meth usuage rates in the country..

ZBlaster
06-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Damn man, where exactly do you live at in GA?

I live in a town with an extremely low violent crime rate and hearing stuff like that really makes me hope this place doesn't go downhill anytime soon.

tayyo789
06-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
Oregon has one of the highest meth usuage rates in the country..

Thats why Medfords nicknamed "Methford"

hondariderdylan
06-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
Damn man, where exactly do you live at in GA?

in a little town called zebulon

One_Bad_400
06-07-2010, 07:29 PM
ya its scary these days. I once had a dream that someone got killed and dumped in the creek behind my house. i woke up to police searching for a dead body in the creek behind my house because thats where the person said they dumped it. they ended up finding the body in the next town over. but still weird i had the dream.

And a few months ago. a guy ran a hose from his muffler into his truck and parked in my back yard. cranked it up and killed him self. He was back there for 6 WEEKS before my neighbor was riding his fourwheeler back there and found him.

its crazy when stuff like that happeneds, makes you stop and think. I am not scared of death, becasue i know exacly where i am going when i do die. but i also dont understand the concept of someone dying. so thats what freaks me out.

BlaineKaiser450
06-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by tayyo789
Thats why Medfords nicknamed "Methford" I used to live about 45 minutes from medford, and man, it seems like everyone is on meth, no joke.

tayyo789
06-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
I used to live about 45 minutes from medford, and man, it seems like everyone is on meth, no joke.

Most of the major crimes are all meth related. We have commercials all the time that say not to try meth its pretty nuts that it's gotten as bad as it has

buck440
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
some guy had a tent next to our tent memorial weekend and some guys took a hammer to his head and robbed him, didn't even know him 30% of living he has. they turned themselves in. better him then me lol. we all die, just hope for a cool death, and yes the world is a scary place no doubt that why my rem 870 is always at the end of my bed with 3 bean bag rounds and 4 slugs if the bags won't work. prepare yourself for the worst because there is no hope for the best.

this is my boom stick.