PDA

View Full Version : front end shake

GMC400ex
06-05-2010, 04:32 PM
where i live we do a lot of road riding which i know is illegal and unsafe so of course thats why we do it haha but when on the road my front shakes and bounces real bad. im worried that im i going to shake a tire off haha what could be causing it..it seems my ball joints arent in the greatest shape..but in a vehicle when it does this it means your tires are out of balance..what is your alls suggestion other than not riding on the road haha

Ratman
06-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Mine does the same thing and I have new ball joints. From what I can tell the tires may not be seated 100% . But it rides just fine in the dirt so I don't care.

GMC400ex
06-05-2010, 04:41 PM
yeah man good point.. it does perfect on anything else..i just thought if it was something simple and easy i was overlooking..why not make it better? haha

CJM
06-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Probably bent wheels, maybe worn ball joints or tie rod ends, maybe the knobby tires dont like the road, etc.

If its fine in dirt then it doesnt matter that much. Dont forget the things arent balanced so 50mph feels pretty sick on them.

sc400ex_rider
06-06-2010, 07:08 AM
its out of balance. i put tire sealer in one of my front tires and at high speed it would hop up and down. when i took the tire off all the sealer settled at the bottom into one big clump. clean it all out and remount the tire.

jasonwayne222
06-06-2010, 11:01 AM
check your control arm bushings

if u have a descent bit of play in your control arms it will cause it.