PDA

View Full Version : How do i put swingarm bearings in/remove old ones.

92 250x
06-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Right. My bearings fell apart and it lookes like just the race is left? I got the little cups off the ends now need the old ones out. How the hell do i do this? How do new ones go in? Ive never had to mess around with them before.

dman66
06-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Get a file in the shape of a triangle, or a sawzall w/ metal blade. Just cut enough of the old bearing race, carefull not to cut into swingarm. Takes a little time and patience. TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!! Cut a little then check - cut a little then check. Once you think the race is cut enough, take a flat blade screwdriver, and a hammer, and start picking at the race being carefull not to gouge the swingarm. If you do gouge a little, you can carefully take a drum sander on a dremmel tool and smooth the bearing retaining area a little - did I metion TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!

92 250x
06-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by dman66
Get a file in the shape of a triangle, or a sawzall w/ metal blade. Just cut enough of the old bearing race, carefull not to cut into swingarm. Takes a little time and patience. TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!! Cut a little then check - cut a little then check. Once you think the race is cut enough, take a flat blade screwdriver, and a hammer, and start picking at the race being carefull not to gouge the swingarm. If you do gouge a little, you can carefully take a drum sander on a dremmel tool and smooth the bearing retaining area a little - did I metion TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!

Your a genious! Going to do that for sure.