PDA

View Full Version : New 5.0 at the track

Kickstarts-suck
06-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Ahhhh I want one!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Qc4Xb7G1ck&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Qc4Xb7G1ck&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

06-05-2010, 12:08 AM
10s with bolts ons, pretty crazy fo sho. My uncle had one last week, I havent had the chance to drive one. Might have to go to the dealer and see whats up for myself. The newer Fords are THE ONLY American car I would drive. In recent years they really stepped up their game. The rest of the American automakers IMO are very far behind.

Kickstarts-suck
06-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Should be going tomorrow to check them out and of course a test drive. :D

Hondamaster5505
06-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Yeah, ford really came out of nowhere and showed everyone whats up. Their cars are absolutely amazing these days, with excellent reliability and rave reviews, and they didn't take a penny of the bailout cash.

Canadian144
06-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Nice. I saw a new red 5.0 in Toronto yesterday.

I'm no mustang guy but this car is pretty sweet.... it has similar/better numbers in comparison to the current V8 BMW M3. Though if I had the choice between the two (and money wasn't an issue) I'd pick the M3 anyways haha. BMW really needs to turn back time with the M3... go back to making it a lightweight, compact, excellent handling car, instead of a large coupe with a big engine.

trick450r
06-05-2010, 07:14 AM
10s with bolts ons, pretty crazy fo sho. My uncle had one last week, I havent had the chance to drive one. Might have to go to the dealer and see whats up for myself. The newer Fords are THE ONLY American car I would drive. In recent years they really stepped up their game. The rest of the American automakers IMO are very far behind.

I was just thinking that they are finally taking a step in the right direction. As far as muscle goes Ford has absolutely nothing on GM.

Obv. you guys are gonna flame me but its still a mustang. Its just the same old teenagers car except it doesnt come with 250hp anymore, in my book now its almost respectable. And they dont even have the common sense to design another car that performs and looks better. Instead they slap some stickers, a body kit, and a supercharger on the same car and ask $70k for it....

Im sorry but ford needs to let go of this mustang and let it be what it is and always was, an ultra low budget sports car

BRING BACK THE FORD GT!

JJs450r
06-05-2010, 08:13 AM
i havent never really been a big ford fan up until the 2011's started coming out that mustang is sick, and the f250's are super sexy

Canadian144
06-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
Obv. you guys are gonna flame me but its still a mustang. Its just the same old teenagers car except it doesnt come with 250hp anymore, in my book now its almost respectable. And they dont even have the common sense to design another car that performs and looks better. Instead they slap some stickers, a body kit, and a supercharger on the same car and ask $70k for it....

Im sorry but ford needs to let go of this mustang and let it be what it is and always was, an ultra low budget sports car

BRING BACK THE FORD GT!

It may "still" be a mustang, but this time it is actually competitive with many real sports cars, ex the current E90/E92 M3/335i, G35/G37, 350Z/370Z, etc etc.

Why would they let go of the mustang? That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted on these forums. It is one of their top sellers. Do you have no business sense whatsoever? It is much more than an ultra low budget sports car. It is one of their most profitable sellers. It now competes with many true sports cars.

Bringing back the Ford GT would be pointless. The GT was a special car... a rare care. Ford didn't make a lot of money from GT sales, unlike with the Mustang, F150, etc etc. It was moreso to show that they can build a supercar, and to get people excited about the company again. If they re-introduced it, they the Ford GT's would lose a lot of value... their special aura would no longer be quite as special

csr250r
06-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Seriously bout time ford makes a fast mustang thats not a special model or $50,000 shelby. Still take the new camaro over it.

Guy400
06-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
The newer Fords are THE ONLY American car I would drive. In recent years they really stepped up their game. The rest of the American automakers IMO are very far behind. Really? The solid rear axle must be ahead of it's time while everyone else with mulit-link IRS is behind...

CJM
06-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Really? The solid rear axle must be ahead of it's time while everyone else with mulit-link IRS is behind...

A multilink may provide better handling, but for out and out drag a solid rear is always better, much stronger and with a traction bar if you have the power it does quite well.

Cause ya know if multilink was sooo good everyone that drags on the track professionally would use one, right?

hondariderdylan
06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
amazing video. that car is amazing:D a great improvment over the tired old 4.6

Guy400-The solid rear axle is part of the reason why you can pick up a new GT for under about 30k. I agree an IRS system would probably handle better but i dont think ford could produce it and keep the price under that 30,000$ cap that makes it such a great buy.

CJM-The problem is that not everyone will take there shiny new 5.0 to the track.........ever:ermm: (most chicks and spoiled kids still leeching off there parents when there in there late teens or early twentys)

Trick450R-LONG LIVE THE GT!:D :D

eastside 400
06-07-2010, 06:03 PM
hmm right, i forgot how great IRS is, thats why most road race guys use solid axles for muscle cars, the 03-04 cobra had IRS and people were still swapping solids into them for improved handling. No one is saying these are to compete with a corvette, the mustang isnt meant to be a great handling car, its a mustang and does exactly what a mustang should be, an affordable muscle car. everyone saying how slow they were and they wouldnt want to spend 50k on the shelby, how much do you think a vette is? so what does GM have in the price range of a GT? not the SS camaro. the 4.6L really wasnt bad either, esp the newer 3 valve, the aftermarket finally came around and the motors can make gobs of power and handle it and it really isnt that expensive.

CJM
06-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Exactly the problem hondariderdylan, but hey some people buy them and actually arent spoiled kids and middle aged men.

Me, I like the old ones 89-93 GT. Then again a friend and I built a 383 stroker 89 GT, course the trans died but hey we swapped for a better one.Sucker was FAST...

yellowhonda400
06-07-2010, 07:15 PM
i have an 02 mustang gt. i love the car! for a street car it makes decent power nothing crazy but still fun. tthere are also tons of bolt ons that are cheap and increase hp. these cars are not meant to be brought to the track and raced in a stock or close to stock setting, they are more street cars than anything. IMO

elementryder
06-07-2010, 08:48 PM
anyone who has to bag on ford is just stubborned, they didnt take one drop of bail out money, redesigned most of their products, and just keep getting better and better each year, the new powerstroke, built in house by ford is getting up to 27 mpg stock, what full sized truck with 390hp and 7xx ft lbs of torque, runs 15sec 1/4 miles stock and gets 27 mpg? thats amazing, the new mustang, better than any new camaro, same power, much lighter, and cheaper, and the v6 mustang is making 305hp and getting 30mpg, the new sho taurus has like 360hp, new festiva, new focus, new f-150, the new ford raptor has to be one of the most amazing trucs ever built, all im saying is ford completly has stepped up their game this year and honestly i dont think any other american brand can offer what for does right now, for that matter any brand, im just really impressed with ford, youd think the economy would have set them back, but they just keep getting better and better

Guy400
06-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by CJM
A multilink may provide better handling, but for out and out drag a solid rear is always better, much stronger and with a traction bar if you have the power it does quite well.

Cause ya know if multilink was sooo good everyone that drags on the track professionally would use one, right? The problem is Ford is building a car for the masses, not solely for drag racing. 99% of the life of these cars is going to be on the street and for that purpose a solid rear axle is antiquated. If Ford was building a drag race only car than I would agree, throw a SRA in it.

CJM
06-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
The problem is Ford is building a car for the masses, not solely for drag racing. 99% of the life of these cars is going to be on the street and for that purpose a solid rear axle is antiquated. If Ford was building a drag race only car than I would agree, throw a SRA in it.

I suppose, but they do stick with what works. CV axles fail, due to power, boots fail, etc. Axle seals on a SRA dont generally fail to much.

We shall see how it all turns out with this whole current and future generations of sporty cars using mostly IRS.

Guy400
06-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by CJM
I suppose, but they do stick with what works. CV axles fail, due to power, boots fail, etc. Axle seals on a SRA dont generally fail to much.

We shall see how it all turns out with this whole current and future generations of sporty cars using mostly IRS. And my comments aren't aimed at Ford selling inferior and/or poor product. In fact, I think the '11 Stang is a very solid offering. My comment was aimed at Flew's statement about the rest of the American manufacturers being very far behind. Examples of other makers being clearly ahead; ZO6/ZR1, CTS-V, new Dodge Ram. Heck, Ford still hasn't adopted cylinder deactivation in their trucks yet.

CJM
06-08-2010, 08:51 AM
^ Ah i gotcha.

sparks 450
06-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
I was just thinking that they are finally taking a step in the right direction. As far as muscle goes Ford has absolutely nothing on GM.

BRING BACK THE FORD GT! If that was really the case then why did the mustang put the camaro and z out of production for several years. the mustang was out selling them 8-1? and they are still out selling them.

Hondamaster5505
06-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Brand bias. There are a lot of people out there that say "ford ford ford" and won't even look twice at a Chevy.

For example (not saying this is true, just for arguments sake) "Yamaha is better then Honda." Now, even if the Honda is a better bike, that person believes Yamaha is the best and would never buy a new Honda.

There are a lot of Ford people out there.

I personally think mustangs were **** up until 1999. From 99-up they have gotten better and better and the 11' is badass.

Guy400
06-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by sparks 450
the mustang was out selling them 8-1? and they are still out selling them. Sort of...

May sales numbers (http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/07/ford-mustang-chevrolet-camaro-may-sales-tally-backstory/)

zyoung04
06-08-2010, 06:58 PM
ford & chevy i say jeep listen to this thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRua7XBPvXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Th980KDrsk

nahh im diggin the new stang i wish the stright axle days would come back but those days are long gone hopefully the chevy can get something done with the camaro so they can give the new 5.0 a run