PDA

View Full Version : bought Predator,,, have ?

400exredrider
02-01-2003, 12:16 PM
hey everyone i just bought a Predator Yes i still Have the 465 and R but decided to try this out i was wonderin about Break In stupid dealer didnt give uch info on the break in of polaris i know how to break in a honda:D but on polaris what is the best way to do it?? Thanks For Help Ps only reason i ask is cause its a POLARIS:devil

Z400central
02-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Should say in ur manual the best way....I heard that its recommended you change the oil after the first 1hour of riding.

OG350
02-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Z400central
Should say in ur manual the best way....I heard that its recommended you change the oil after the first 1hour of riding. Wow hold up one sec he doesn't own a dale because dale's are the only quad's I know of that u have to change the engine and tranny oil after the first hour. For most quads it's around 10-20 hours depending on what your owner's manual says.

powerslider
02-01-2003, 02:41 PM
Yes the manual states the oil and filter should be changed after the first hour of use.

Being this is a liquid cooled engine be sure to warm it up completely before hard riding otherwise you have a chance of cold piston seizure.

On break-in, ride it easy the first tank of fuel varying the rpm and not laboring the motor or running any continuous high rpm then you can begin to ride it more aggressively but not wfo. I would run at least 3 tanks of fuel thru it, change the oil again and then drop the hammer...... ;)

Texan32
02-01-2003, 09:41 PM
One thing. It doesn't have to do with break in, but... Pay ATTENTION to your seat! I went to a MX race a few weeks ago and of the two Pred's there, BOTH lost their seats on the track (while racing)!!!!!

DESDAK4
02-01-2003, 10:34 PM
Yeah my buddy lost his seat in a roll over today so there may be a small problem there but it should be easy to fix.

Jay
USAF

400exredrider
02-02-2003, 12:21 PM
haha ill be shure to watch that might hafta get the old staple gun out..........or better yet the nail gun:devious: