PDA

View Full Version : Are people really this stupid (Craigslist related, of course)

yellowzo3
06-04-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm selling one of my bikes on craigslist... I browsed other ads to see what people said about their bikes and stuff so I wouldn't forget anything.

So I post my ad with a good description, describe the only thing wrong with it (torn seat), and attach the maximum number of pictures allowed, which is 4.

So this guy emails me and we email back and forth a few times and then he asks me what kind of bike it is and if I have any pictures of it :huh ....Did this dude even read the ad?! He MUST have in order to get the email address to ask me about it. WTF!?!? This isn't one of those Nigerian prince scams either so dont worry :p ....Needless to say I won't be replying lmao

Have you guys ever dealt with people this "challenged" on craigslist? My mind was blown when the guy knew absolutely nothing about the bike after inquiring about it a few days ago. :confused:

DnB_racing
06-04-2010, 08:32 AM
he could be looking at many and forgot which one yours was.If yours didnt stand out your add could be forgettable. and he could be using a cell phone that doesn't support pics.

yellowzo3
06-04-2010, 09:30 AM
If he's using a cell phone that doesn't support pics why would he ask me to send him pics lol... I'm sure all craigslist ads for bikes are forgettable... Theres hundreds of ads on there and you can only make a craigslist ad look so nice...

IMO if you're emailing someone about something you want to buy the LEAST you can do is remember wtf you're emailing the person about. :rolleyes:

aDviSol2y
06-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Most likely on a cell.

standardryder
06-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I had some kid(guessing it was a kid) offer me a 00 stock blaster PLUS 500 dollars for a fully built race yfz... then had the audacity to ask me why when I said no. :rolleyes:

yellowzo3
06-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by standardryder
I had some kid(guessing it was a kid) offer me a 00 stock blaster PLUS 500 dollars for a fully built race yfz... then had the audacity to ask me why when I said no. :rolleyes:

lmao those kinds of offers make me rage

....But what I don't understand is that if hes on a cell how did he browse craigslist in the first place? If he has a data plan on his cell (which he obviously needs to browse craigslist) then he can see the pictures. He doesn't even know what kind of bike it is! It says it in the title of the ad and in the ad! I don't think his phone is the issue :p

chucked
06-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Could be a scammer or spammer.

Lasher
06-04-2010, 12:49 PM
I have gotten similar responses to my craigslist ad.

I can weed out the spammers that ask simple...but stupid questions, and their reply is usually the spam.

Others have been real people...just "challanged" as you put it.

juice420
06-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Ahh yes..the old retarded Craigslist people. I remember when I was selling a bunch of car audio on there and I distinctively wrote NO TRADES. Just about every person that contacted me wanted to trade something. Needless to say I didn't sell the chit.:ermm:

jjv101
06-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by standardryder

had one like that, this is how it went:
Kid asked if i was taking trades, i really didnt want to but i said what you got?

this is the response i got:
"well the ones a...uhh... i think its a 450 or whatever size yours is i dont know...and the other one is a 50"

My reply:
"No thanks"

His reply:
"ok F U then... click"

OutlawBill
06-04-2010, 03:38 PM
yes they are and you can't fix stupid

buck440
06-04-2010, 06:20 PM
same thing happened here. i'm getting rid of a lot of my cr parts for free and the receiver asked me to show pics and a list of what i have:huh about pics on the phone, the only site next to big busty blacks that won't load pics worth a chit is this one on my phone. i have 3g wtf ever that is through verizon samsung omnia 2.

250x_kyle
06-04-2010, 11:05 PM
before i parted my 450r out i threw it up on craigs list just to see what i could get. i had some kid aske me if i would trade for a race ready 400ex that needed piston and rings if i threw in 500 bucks. people are just stupid. that reply made me delete my add and part it out.

muddy400EX
06-05-2010, 06:52 PM
craigslist is starting to piss me off.

ive got my car on there, and i put "not interested in trades" and so far ive got offers for

2002 lifted blazer

98 z71 with somethin stupid like 10" of lift i think

97 s10

99 blazer

99 grand prix

97 tacoma

theres been more, i dont even remember all of them

its like everyone wants it, they just wanna trade me.is there really noone out there with 5 grand:mad:

muddy400EX
06-05-2010, 06:54 PM
oh ya, and then the people who text me "you still got the formula?" and then i say "ya still got it"

then thats it, never hear back from them:confused:

DnB_racing
06-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
craigslist is starting to piss me off.
ive got my car on there, and i put "not interested in trades" and so far ive got offers for
2002 lifted blazer
98 z71 with somethin stupid like 10" of lift i think
97 s10
99 blazer
99 grand prix
97 tacoma
theres been more, i dont even remember all of them
its like everyone wants it, they just wanna trade me.is there really noone out there with 5 grand:mad:

So your saying that you want to trade for something else?

CJM
06-05-2010, 07:17 PM
When I do CL ads I put in there:

Email a working phone number and I will call you. Dont bother wasting my time either..

Guarantees no spammers and people who are legit usually.

yellowzo3
06-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
oh ya, and then the people who text me "you still got the formula?" and then i say "ya still got it"

then thats it, never hear back from them:confused:

LMFAO that happens to me ALL the time

muddy400EX
06-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
So your saying that you want to trade for something else?

i dont wanna trade at all. i just wanna sell it. but everyone keeps asking me if ill trade. and on my ad it says "not interested in trades"

Canadian144
06-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I was trying to sell a phone of mine back in December... it was an unlocked, North American model Nokia N97, for $500 (retailed for like $800 new, unlocked). I getting emails from this one guy and replying back to them for about a week... of course ALL in broken english. He finally asks me if it is made in Finland (as most Nokias are) and I said no it's made in China, as are all of the North American modeled N97s (and provided a reliable link). He then told me that he was looking for a European model.... even though it won't work fully here, and I clearly stated in my ad that it was a NA model.

Last year, my friend was selling a bunch of (mostly broken) computer parts... anyways a group of 10 of us were out for lunch, waiting for the guy to show up at this major intersection where he said he would meet us. It is a nice day, so we got street vendor hotdogs and were just standing around... when this like 40 year old Asian man pulls up in some rusted, beat up looking 90's Honda civic hatch... he then tells my friend to get in his car :eek2: . He was like no, you pull around the corner and get out and we can make the deal... the guy ends up going straight, then 10 minutes later randomly appears on foot and ends up buying the stuff. We all agreed if he came buy again, all 10 of us were going to try to hop into this guys car hahaha.

I have so many craigslists stories though...

tbrackman84
06-05-2010, 11:41 PM
CL is a pain in the *** with all the dumb people and scammers, but i still love it. It's free and I've bought and sold so much on there it's awesome!!!