PDA

View Full Version : fcr carb breather hose

400cc
06-03-2010, 11:26 PM
i'm new to the world of fcr carbs and just installed mine on my 450 and i see it has no breather hose like the trx carb, so now i have a breather hose connector on my case that doesn't go to anything. Maybe the fcr carb has a breather connector and i'm just not seeing it.

do i need to just plug it or add a hose and filter to it and route it somewhere?

D Bergstrom
06-04-2010, 02:17 PM
What breather hose are you talking about? There is no hose from the carb to the case on either a FCR or stock TRX carb. The only hoses that are on the carb are the four of five small ones that go straight down to the ground and of course the fuel hose. May need to post a pic of what hose you are talking about.

Doug

fastredrider44
06-04-2010, 02:55 PM
The crankcase vent is suppose to run to the larger hose into the airbox. The breathers on the carb aren't supposed to be connected to anything.

400cc
06-04-2010, 09:26 PM
well i looked in my manual and it says it's a transmission breather hose and i looked all through it, but never said what it connects to.

my manual also shows a picture of the trx carb with a breather hose on it and it looks like the hose that is on my old carb that was connected to the breather hose connector. the hose connects to the top of the carb on the right side just above the black cover that goes on the side. If i'm no longer using the old trx carb i don't really see why i need the hose unless it does something.

here's the picture, i circled the breather hose connector

this is for an 04 model, maybe someone with a 04/05 model can look at theres and check

Scro
06-04-2010, 10:02 PM
The hose sticks into the plastic shield underneath the tank on the right side. It will come up from that nipple, make a loop toward the ground, and stick into the holder in the plastic.

400cc
06-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Scro
The hose sticks into the plastic shield underneath the tank on the right side. It will come up from that nipple, make a loop toward the ground, and stick into the holder in the plastic.

so it the top end of the hose doesn't connect to anything, it just clips into the holder?

Ruf Racing
06-05-2010, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by 400cc
so it the top end of the hose doesn't connect to anything, it just clips into the holder?

Correct!

400cc
06-06-2010, 02:16 AM
got it figured out, thanks

turbo j
06-07-2010, 09:51 AM
I think that hose you are talking about did plug into the 05 carb but there is not provision for it on the FCR. I covered mine with some spare outerwear material and a couple tie wraps then tucked it under the tank.

rt20ps
06-08-2010, 06:45 AM
If you connect that hose to your carb you'll build up some extreme crankcase pressure. It can be routed down under the engine, like on the bikes.