06-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Cody on the YFZR?

Pappy
06-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Yes Sir:p

250r rider 88
06-03-2010, 07:37 PM
im guessing its the XC version?

he going with this over the kawi for racing? or just testing for the sight?

Pappy
06-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Nope, he chose this one to race. He is killing the Kawi and before he tears it up we decided to make a change.

chucked
06-03-2010, 07:41 PM
nice

250r rider 88
06-03-2010, 07:42 PM
very nice, i rode a kawi one time and did not care for it, gears are way too close together for me, rode it on a track and in the woods didn't care for it either way

MX MaNiAc 06
06-03-2010, 08:37 PM
I tear bikes up too Pap, can i have one of yours?

Interested to see how you guys mod this bike!

Pappy
06-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06

Interested to see how you guys mod this bike!

Well we did not really do much to the KFX...just the typical XC stuff but kept with mainly stock parts (arms suspension etc) He has won a few races and done well in others on it but he is ready for the next step....problem is the KFX is now the black sheep of the 450 class and parts dont come easy or cheap (XC parts)

Cody has plenty of sponsors that want to help but again....its not fair to them to get parts for a quad not many race (XC). By getting a more popular model, we can help ourselves and better serve his sponsors. It also helps to draw info from others who race a particuliar model and it sure helps when you need a part and several folks you run with have spares or extras to get you through.

We will be writing an article on the KFX and how we found it did racing it....along with the start of the YFZ-X

hendershot106
06-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Well we did not really do much to the KFX...just the typical XC stuff but kept with mainly stock parts (arms suspension etc) He has won a few races and done well in others on it but he is ready for the next step....problem is the KFX is now the black sheep of the 450 class and parts dont come easy or cheap (XC parts)

Cody has plenty of sponsors that want to help but again....its not fair to them to get parts for a quad not many race (XC). By getting a more popular model, we can help ourselves and better serve his sponsors. It also helps to draw info from others who race a particuliar model and it sure helps when you need a part and several folks you run with have spares or extras to get you through.

We will be writing an article on the KFX and how we found it did racing it....along with the start of the YFZ-X

:macho yaaay!!!!!!

Gt thunder, Gt thunder, GT thunder...... start makin a gt thunder parts list lol...

a arms, front hls shocks, rear revalve and dual link....sprocket and rotor guards....25buck skidplate.... and i have a few stock things layin around if you need much....i think ..

ZBlaster
06-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Looks good, keep me posted on how he likes it. I'm on a toss up between that or a KTM for next year.

I know all about killing the Kawi's, I was loaned one to race 4 winter series races on this year and it has never been right since :eek2:

ZBlaster
06-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

Do I even need to say where the shocks need to go? :D

Pappy
06-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Well it survived:p

Cody on the line....

Pappy
06-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Turn 1

He said it starts faster then the Kawi:p He also said it pulled pretty stout as well!

Pappy
06-06-2010, 12:08 AM
I was worried he would lay back off teh start without having much seat time on it...but he did pretty well at the start

Pappy
06-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Lap 1 he said was full of bottlenecks ...over and over. He cant wait to just move to the afternoon class where there is alot less of this stuff to deal with

Pappy
06-06-2010, 12:19 AM
We did not check at the track but we think he bent an axle. The stock shocks beat him up pretty good and not having a steering stabilizer hurt him as well.....but it was a good solid test of what the quad offers in stock trim!

Pappy
06-06-2010, 12:21 AM
I know he had a left rear tire going down and ran the last 2 laps with it virtually flat

Pappy
06-06-2010, 12:25 AM
When it was all over, he had finished 8th out of 27 and 104 out of 268. Not too shabby for a break in ride and a bum tire:D

He has ALOT to say about the quad. We know we lost a fender bolt but I think the mud held or is hiding everything else LOL!

We would like to thank the Javens family for pitting Cody today and their entire crew for looking after the quad. Look for an upcoming article on The Javens...class act father and son XC racers!!!

ohioEX
06-07-2010, 11:35 AM
So you decided against the LTR450 then?

Mark @ Houser