PDA

View Full Version : Fogging up

BlazingYamahaYz
02-01-2003, 09:08 AM
i have the problem of my fogging up when i ride.....what should i use to prevent this? its like anywhere between 0* - 20* around here, and i have some anti fog spray that i use on my pball goggles, but i dunno if it will work any good....anyone else have the problem of their glasses/goggles fogging up and what do u guys use....thanks...

cheetah
02-01-2003, 09:13 AM
I just have the Scott fog cloth. It works pretty good. I would try that spray stuff you have, it shouldn't hurt them.

cdalejef
02-01-2003, 12:48 PM
After 15 years of racing the Mid South Winter series and trying all kinds of anti fog products that just didn't quite get the gob done. I finally found the only thing that truly works is dual pane lenses. You can get these for most of the popular goggles. Fogging problem solved for me!!!:cool:

YamaWarr0121
02-01-2003, 04:12 PM
the ones jeff is talking about do work i had them but from ice hockey i had like fog shield or something, it worked for hockey n it works for riding

BlazingYamahaYz
02-01-2003, 06:30 PM
i dont have goggles...yet....but the problem is with my glasses, so anyone know of an ok anti fog that i could use?

Nausty
02-01-2003, 06:41 PM
if you've ever thought of getting contact lenses do it. I use to wear glasses and now I can wear contacts and its so much better. Also I never tryed it but I heard the best thing is spit:huh

tants
02-01-2003, 06:45 PM
spit works... i honk a nice big one in my goggles befor every ride...

hey,,, it works :D

powerslider
02-01-2003, 06:45 PM
You need a N0-Fog mask, it directs your breath down away from your eyes and keeps your face and neck warm. Dennis Kirk has them in their snow catalog.

flyin#5
02-01-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
if you've ever thought of getting contact lenses do it. I use to wear glasses and now I can wear contacts and its so much better. Also I never tryed it but I heard the best thing is spit:huh

yeah definetly get contacts. its way easier than glasses under goggles.

-=Skot=-
02-01-2003, 08:30 PM
a few guy i play hockey with say they use shaving cream on their visors:huh , they claim it works.. dunno what kind though

BlazingYamahaYz
02-01-2003, 08:34 PM
i can get 1 years worth of contacts for $180...so i might try that this year, but i have to earn a lil more dough, cuz my parents arent going to pay for them:( i have to pay for everything of mine now(well i already payed for my bike and 95% of the work/parts into it):p

02-01-2003, 08:39 PM
u guys are gonna think i am stupid for sayen this but mix johnson baby wash(no tear stuff) and water 7/10 ratio 7 jhson stuff 10 water in a sprayy bottle and use it every like 5 times. i use it for riding and paintball and it works liek a dreem. for real man tryit no dissapointments.

Nausty
02-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
i can get 1 years worth of contacts for $180...so i might try that this year, but i have to earn a lil more dough, cuz my parents arent going to pay for them:( i have to pay for everything of mine now(well i already payed for my bike and 95% of the work/parts into it):p

You'll love it. I don't recall them being that much though. I use dispossables and I think they are 2 bucks a peice and last a month so 2x2x12=50ish But then again you gotta get the fluid, holder and have the exam which that might include. Anyways I feel way more comfident playing sports not always having to worry about my glasses and plus I have a wider range of view. lol, you'll like em'. They are easy to put in and take out once you get the hang of em' too.

flyin#5
02-01-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz

your getting ripped off for those contacts. i can get a years worth for 100$.

BlazingYamahaYz
02-01-2003, 09:40 PM
ok.....yeah that was last year they told me that, or maybe it was my parents.....i dotn remember, but anyways yea i should talk to my eye doctors about contacts, only thing is i have sensitive eyes(i mean REALLY sensitive)....i think i should be ok with them, i have to check into it when i go for my eye exam..thanks for the help guys!:)