PDA

View Full Version : Eton slowly lost all power

2old2race
06-03-2010, 07:24 AM
My friend has an Eton Viper 70 and over the past couple rides it has lost all power. It has now reached the point it will not even start.

The problem is he was looking to sell it this summer.

He does little to no maintenance on it.

What should he look for that could have caused this? The last thing he wants to do is take it to a shop because he fears putting money into the unit that he will not recover.

Neither of us are too familiar with working on the Etons. I sold my Viper 70 about 2 years ago because it started doing the same thing and I tried cleaning/checking everything I could.

Thanks for any help!

06-03-2010, 08:08 AM
It sounds you lost compression. Do a compression check should be at the very least 100 pounds of compression anything less than that it wont start. Hold throttle wide open and kick it a few times with key off. If it dont read 100 pounds then it wont start. If the rings have never been changed they could be wore out. If your air filter is not at best shape it could of sucked dirt in the intake taking dirt in the cylinder. This wears out the rings and possibly a scored cylinder. check compression and let us all know. Also the oil injection could of quit on you which would cause heat and wear on your piston, rings and cylinder. ?? Let us know.

etondaddy
07-11-2010, 01:31 PM
How much does he want for it the way it is.......need pics.

Mike Kozura

2old2race
07-13-2010, 05:52 AM
How about $400?