PDA

View Full Version : Another fallen rider...

J.Brown121
06-02-2010, 09:36 PM
"Lexington — A Stratford teen died after crashing an all-terrain vehicle over the weekend.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported the crash took place just northeast of Lexington at 10:48 p.m. Friday. Marshell Connor Lucas, 18, Stratford, was driving a Honda ATV with a passenger when the crash occurred.

“(Lucas) was traveling on an ATV trail, attempting to catch up to another vehicle,” an OHP trooper said in a report. “The driver was unfamiliar with the area, and struck a tree.”

Lucas was pronounced dead at the scene. The passenger, 18-year-old Ashley Dawn Lambert, Blanchard, was not injured."

This happened at my buddy's place. If the kid would have been wearing a helmet, then his injuries most likely wouldn't have been fatal.

At least he went out doing something he loved :(

R.I.P. Marshell Conner Lucas

Brad77
06-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Very sad to hear this type of news.
We as responsible riders can and should be role models. Always wear saftey gear and remind others to wear it also.

dehner47
06-03-2010, 07:33 AM
my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. especially to the girl who will remember that day for the rest of her life. sad story. and it seems to happen all to much.

and dont mean to sound heartless, but what do you mean he died doing what he loved??? he loved driving his quad at night with no helmet and trying to catch up to another vehicle at a high rate of speed?? in a area he was unfamiliar with. in the dark. with no helmet. and a passanger on the back. kinda goes against every rule us riders/racers try to follow in order to not have are sport ruined like the 3wheeler were back in the 80s. and trust me, were getting closer and closer everytime something like this happens.

J.Brown121
06-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I see where you're coming from dehner47. I say that he died doing what he loved is because he just loved riding in general. The reason they were out after dark is because he wanted to have an idea of what the place was like. They were going to spend the weekend riding out there and my buddy was just showing him around. I have no idea why they were going fast enough to have this kind of accident though, nor do I know why he had his girlfriend on the back of his quad.

dehner47
06-03-2010, 10:55 AM
i do understand all that. buit just seems kinda "stupid" (use that lightly cause i do not want to sound like im being a d**k to your friend and his family) to be riding at night in a place you never been with no helmet and someone on the back. now, not saying im all mighty and i never have done any of that. what i am saying is some of your young boys n girls NEED to listen to these stories and understamd its not all fun and games on a bike or quad. you have to respect these machines. cause the one time you do not respect them, they will bite you n bite you hard.

just please learn from this kinda stuff and dont become a statistic!!!